Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point did you / will you take the coronavirus epidemic seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...ne-design.html

Interesting

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    I was gonna post that when I got a minute. Crazy, huh? And so crazy that it'll feed the conspiracy theories unfortunately.

Comment

• Moderna had such a head start because they had fully developed a vaccine for SARS-1 and was preparing to start clinical trials when the virus declined and disappeared, thus cutting out the need and financial incentive to proceed.

That was unfortunate. Because if they had been able to proceed, they would have shown the safety and effectiveness of their unique platform. They could have then rolled out the Sars-Cov-2 vaccine, bypassing much of the process, similar to how they described the annual flu vaccine
      Last edited by Jarid in Cedar; 12-07-2020, 05:48 PM.
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
        Moderna had such a head start because they had fully developed a vaccine for SARS-1 and was preparing to start clinical trials when the virus declined and disappeared, thus cutting out the need and financial incentive to proceed.

That was unfortunate. Because if they had been able to proceed, they would have shown the safety and effectiveness of their unique platform. They could have them rolled out the Sars-Cov-2 vaccine, bypassing much of the process, similar to how they described the annual flu vaccine
        $3B to develop and test nearly every possible vaccine seems like a no-brainer.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
          $3B to develop and test nearly every possible vaccine seems like a no-brainer.
          What, for a pandemic you have to be tested to know you're actually infected? :foilhat:

Comment

• 'Downward spiral': Swedish king says the nation’s controversial COVID-19 plan failed

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...19-plan-failed

Comment

• Southern California is at the nightmare scenario. All 11 counties in Southern California are at ZERO percent ICU capacity. Don’t have a heart attack in Los Angeles.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/c...cases/2488050/

California has been locked down continuously. Perhaps foolishly, even outdoor dining and parks are closed as well as schools (no evidence these are significant sources of transmission).
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Yeah, it is scary in southern california.

https://abc7.com/icu-capacity-southe...eaths/8850811/

If California were a country, here's how it would rank based on Johns Hopkins' COVID-19 Daily Case Counts for Dec. 16:

1) USA 247,403
                2) Brazil 70,574
                3) California 53,711
                4) UK 25,161
                5) India 24,010
                6) France 17,720
                7) Italy 17,568

The 379 deaths are equivalent to a life lost every four minutes in a 24-hour span.
                Damn. Every 4 minutes someone dies from covid in California. That is sobering

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                  Yeah, it is scary in southern california.

https://abc7.com/icu-capacity-southe...eaths/8850811/

Damn. Every 4 minutes someone dies from covid in California. That is sobering
                  The rate of expansion of the outbreak in California is breath taking in its severity
                  "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                    The rate of expansion of the outbreak in California is breath taking in its severity
                    What's causing the outbreak? Isn't everyone masked up and stuff?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post

Obviously not.
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• The biggest surprise in this Covid saga may be the wheels coming off in California. Remember the arrogance of that doctor on at UC San Francisco and others in California about how they locked down a week before New York, avoiding New York’s catastrophe. Way to bolster people’s confidence in science. All of California's hubris and hideous flaws exposed.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post

Despite the "lockdown". People are not staying home.

In my area the Native American tribes are being hit hard. That is where the majority of the cases are coming from. On the rez, everyone are cousins and extended family, so people don't really consider getting together with different households to not be in opposition to the lockdown.

I cannot speak to the rest of the state.

Comment

• Only the vaccines can save us.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Yeah they have stiffened official orders, but many people are too smart to listen to the experts. Instead, they are high fiving Adam Corolla for spitting in Gavin Newsom's eye:

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                                Yeah they have stiffened official orders, but many people are too smart to listen to the experts. Instead, they are high fiving Adam Corolla for spitting in Gavin Newsom's eye:

Well Newsom deserves a kick in the nuts for his handling of things too.

Let me just head off to The French Laundry...

Comment

Working...
                                X