The Police Brutality Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    yes. do you think there is there ever a circumstance where it should happen?
    In this case, the city may have paid out a civil settlement equal to the value of his pension.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

yes. do you think there is there ever a circumstance where it should happen?
      Was anyone talking about the most extreme circumstances? No, only about your sage observation that you hoped the cop in this instance had lost his pension. That hope seems vindictive and unjustifid to me. What, exactly, did this guy do? Arrested someone without cause and did so while being videotaped. And for this he has already lost two jobs and is likely unemployable in this field. He did not injure anyone. He just made a very bad decision. So the pertinent question here is do you think that every time a cop makes a bad call in arresting someone he or she should be terminated and lose their pension? I agree with Lebowski, he earned his pension with his service. This bad choice shouldn't cause that to be forfeited.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
        Was anyone talking about the most extreme circumstances? No, only about your sage observation that you hoped the cop in this instance had lost his pension. That hope seems vindictive and unjustifid to me. What, exactly, did this guy do? Arrested someone without cause and did so while being videotaped. And for this he has already lost two jobs and is likely unemployable in this field. He did not injure anyone. He just made a very bad decision. So the pertinent question here is do you think that every time a cop makes a bad call in arresting someone he or she should be terminated and lose their pension? I agree with Lebowski, he earned his pension with his service. This bad choice shouldn't cause that to be forfeited.
        yowza, panty twist levels approaching critical status. if lebowski thinks it's ever justified, then it's a matter of petting where on the continuum of bad behavior the line lies. if his answer is is that it is never go, it is a very different discussion. going to give yourself anal fissures bro.
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

yowza, panty twist levels approaching critical status. if lebowski thinks it's ever justified, then it's a matter of petting where on the continuum of bad behavior the line lies. if his answer is is that it is never go, it is a very different discussion. going to give yourself anal fissures bro.
          Thx for your concern. Bro. We don't need to know where the line is if this one isn't on or near it. And it isn't.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Thx for your concern. Bro. We don't need to know where the line is if this one isn't on or near it. And it isn't.
            have a rough day at work bud? if u ever need a friendly listener plz pm

Comment

have a rough day at work bud? if u ever need a friendly listener plz pm
              My day was fine. But, again, thanks for your concern. bud.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

My day was fine. But, again, thanks for your concern. bud.
                ok just checking man. back to our discussion, i generally find that exclamation points help unwarranted assertions go down a little better. may want to try that, in addition to stomping your feet and yelling my name every time you post. could pop a blood vessel or some shit.

Comment

ok just checking man. back to our discussion, i generally find that exclamation points help unwarranted assertions go down a little better. may want to try that, in addition to stomping your feet and yelling my name every time you post. could pop a blood vessel or some shit.
                  My discussion was about the injustice of losing a pension over a single mistake of the nature in this example. No idea what you're talking about. But I'm sure that's my fault and none of your own. Bro.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• I like the creekster versus old_gregg feud. Good stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                      I like the creekster versus old_gregg feud. Good stuff.
                      Mine and Tim's were much better.
                      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                        Meh. I'm not feuding with anyone.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                          Lol. No they weren't.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

i don't know. think it might be bro. the bar for termination with cause is very high.
                            While that's true, there are a lot of jobs, mostly in the government sector, that have crappy pay and work conditions comparable to similar jobs in the private sector. One reason people are mostly happy to take these lower paying jobs is because they come with a pension. School teachers are a prime example. You take low pay and put up with unruly kids for 20 years in exchange for a pension on retirement. It's a lifetime tradeoff for doing the job.

The cop was absolutely out of line and should lose his job over this. The pension is another story, in my opinion. His pension is his reward for all the previous years he put in, presumably doing a good job or at least a good enough job to stay employed, and is a separate benefit that isn't tied directly to the one incident.

Comment

• The SLPA would fight tooth and nail if they tried to yank his pension. It's not worth the hassle for the city.

Comment

• Horrific video, conveniently released the day after the officer is acquitted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.272968c6b5a3

No race angle here; will it finally move the needle on public opinion?
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X