The Golf Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    My complete lack of etiquette, and constant grumbling unde my breath (was there a tree in that course, that I didn't get behind?) should have been good preparation for you. Heck, I finished my pathetic round by making a birdie, and got a, "We call that whip cream on shit, around here" response. You'll do fine.
    That rude comment was only made because you said you were playing like crap. You have always been a pleasure to play with and it was awfully gracious of you to let me beat you.

Comment

• I had a great time. I hope to play that course someday, when I'm driving the ball halfway decent. I'm sure it is considerably easier to play from the fairway, instead of the forest.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
        Got a lesson today and then went out and shot a 75 from the yellow tee's. Played the yellow's because that is where the old farts play the championship from. I am elated.

Comment

• Well I got beat 3 and 2. I don't feel bad. My opponent played great. He was only 3 over through the 16 holes we played. I was 6 over. He also was very good to play with contrary to what I had heard.

Comment

• Men's Club Report, July 14,2013 - Chapman Tournament.

Gross = 74/74
            Net = 64.5/64.5

Chapman is a 2 man team event, each hitting a drive. Next hitting your partners drive, and then picking the best second shot between the two, and then alternating shots till into the hole.

Lowlights - Double hitting a chip - on the very first hole resulting in a bogey. Only had one double bogey in 36 holes. Playing partner could hit 300 yard drives with no accuracy. Out of 36 holes we ended up playing my drive, his second, and me putting birdie 30 times. I hit out from under more trees in two days than I would normally in a whole year.

Highlights - I had my best driving and putting exhibition in a long time. As a 7 handicap my partner was very good with the irons, and would get us on the green in regulation most every time. On the two days, we had 7 birdies and 1 eagle.
            Last edited by clackamascoug; 07-15-2013, 08:21 AM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
              Men's Club Report, July 14,2013 - Chapman Tournament.

Gross = 74/74
              Net = 64.5/64.5

Chapman is a 2 man team event, each hitting a drive. Next hitting your partners drive, and then picking the best second shot between the two, and then alternating shots till into the hole.

Lowlights - Double hitting a chip - on the very first hole for a bogey. Only had one double bogey in 36 holes. Playing partner could hit 300 yard drives with no accuracy. Out of 36 holes we ended up playing my drive, his second, and me putting birdie 30 times.

Highlights - I had my best driving and putting exhibition in a long time. As a 7 handicap my partner was very good with the irons, and we would get me on the green. On the two days, we had 7 birdies and 1 eagle.

As reported in "What I Learned in Church Today" - I played in a

Well done. As your agent I expect 10%. Pay me before you pay your tithing on it. I will be responsible for the tithing on my 10% you pay me.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                Well done. As your agent I expect 10%. Pay me before you pay your tithing on it. I will be responsible for the tithing on my 10% you pay me.
                I forgot to mention the $84 we each won for our efforts. More money on the books for after round food and beverages. I was down to $6.

I guess I better get ready to fire up the "British" Open U-Pick 'Em.

Comment

• U-Pick-'Em is ready in the Sports Bar.

Comment

• Tick and I played in our local mens club tournament Saturday. Format was 2-man best ball, red white and blue. We play 6 from the reds, 6 from the whites and 6 from the blues. We played a practice round round the day before and shot a gross 76 (Tick was a gross 78 and I was a gross 84). We didnt play near as well Saturday but still scracthed out a gross 77, net 59. We though we were in the money for sure until the second to last group came in. They dropped a gross 54! First time in an mens club event and the dude is a freaking 26 handicap and shoots an 82! :bsflag: For the longest time I was about a 19-20 handicap but played more like a 14-16 when I was having a good round. It has caught up to me though and now I am a 14.8. This dude is a 26 and drops an 82. Unbelievable. That is 16 under his average. To top it off, he was -2 from the Blue tees. Knocked us out of the money. There were a few upset people.
                    "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

• I thought Daniel Summerhays was finally going to break free of his proclivity to CHOKE ON SUNDAY, but nooooooo, he CHOKED ON SUNDAY. I swear it's his Mormon Guilt-- He just can't relax on Sunday, enough to not CHOKE ON THE SABBATH DAY.

Comment

• My wife and I are sitting in SLC waiting for our flight home after a day of golf for me and who-knows-what for her. I played Hobble Creek with two of my closest friends who were in town from service in Rome and Ghana. Shot a so-so 87 with nine three-putts. But nonetheless had one of my most enjoyable days on the links. Tough to beat golf in a great setting with excellent men who mercifully befriended me 43 years ago. We finished with an early dinner with the womenfolk, acknowledging how incredibly lucky and blessed we are. But not on 13 where a potential double eagle clanged off the stick and I three-putted for par.

Comment

• I am playing in a 4 man scramble after work today. It is only 9 holes and for a friends company. My friend is one of those people that is good at everything he does. He lives a few doors down from me and has for the past 8 years. We have golfed together twice in 8 years, the only two times he has golfed over that same time period. The first time we went to Talons Cove and he shot a 77. The second time we went to Thanksgiving Pointe and he shot an 82. He has not touched his clubs in 2 years (he plays 12 year old Callaway irons) he decided to play 9 last night before the tournament today and he shot a 38 at Fox Hollow.

I hate people like that. He was a scratch golfer growing up before he quit playing so for him he is actually not playing very well.
                          *Banned*

Comment

• I have a 3 hole stretch at my club that always, always kills me. I've lost breaking 90 more times than I care to count on these three holes. Today I played them par, par, birdie. The first time in 4+ years of being a member I've birdied 14.

The other 15 holes sucked.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

• Shot a net 66 today at the Stansbury Amateur finished in 4th winning $230 in pro shop money.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
                              *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                                Shot a net 66 today at the Stansbury Amateur finished in 4th winning $230 in pro shop money.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
                                Nice.

I shot 87 at Gladstan today. Best I've golfed by far this year and close to my best ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X