No announcement yet.

3-2-1 method for smoked ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach, have you posted that Mac and cheese recipe?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]1860[/ATTACH]
      Looks good Coach.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

• Great shot!
        "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Doing baby backs today and just realized I don't have any apple juice. So I guess I am going to try the DT / CJF method and just smoke them the whole way rather than the Texas Crutch.
          "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

• Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
            Doing baby backs today and just realized I don't have any apple juice. So I guess I am going to try the DT / CJF method and just smoke them the whole way rather than the Texas Crutch.
            Well that sucked. I came home during SS to put the ribs on and the Traeger wouldn't light. It had been a while since I cleaned out the firepot so that was the issue. No EQ for me today. Ribs are finely on though. Smoking at about 240 or so ... we'll see how long it takes.
            "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Well that sucked. I came home during SS to put the ribs on and the Traeger wouldn't light. It had been a while since I cleaned out the firepot so that was the issue. No EQ for me today. Ribs are finely on though. Smoking at about 240 or so ... we'll see how long it takes.
              Bummer.

I clean my firepot every time. Not worth the risk otherwise.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Doing baby backs today and just realized I don't have any apple juice. So I guess I am going to try the DT / CJF method and just smoke them the whole way rather than the Texas Crutch.
                I've done straight smoking and it was fine but I prefered the Texas Crutch. I have used pineapple juice in place of apple juice and it turned out just as great.
                I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                  I've done straight smoking and it was fine but I prefered the Texas Crutch. I have used pineapple juice in place of apple juice and it turned out just as great.
                  All I had on had was Orange or Grapefruit juice and I wasn't sure what the acid would do so I decided to try the straight smoke.

Haven't eaten yet but just pulled them off and they look good.

Comment

All I had on had was Orange or Grapefruit juice and I wasn't sure what the acid would do so I decided to try the straight smoke.

Haven't eaten yet but just pulled them off and they look good.
                    And the verdict is ... meh. They were okay but a bit dry. In hindsight I should have broken the Sabbath and went and got some apple juice.

Comment

And the verdict is ... meh. They were okay but a bit dry. In hindsight I should have broken the Sabbath and went and got some apple juice.
                      I bet water would have worked just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        I bet water would have worked just fine.
                        Yeah I considered that too.

Comment

• I tried the method JL details on the front page of this thread. Since I've never done ribs I just used the Spade L pork rub and Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. Definitely some of the better ribs I've ever had.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                            I tried the method JL details on the front page of this thread. Since I've never done ribs I just used the Spade L pork rub and Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. Definitely some of the better ribs I've ever had.
                            That is my normal method. Works great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                              I tried the method JL details on the front page of this thread. Since I've never done ribs I just used the Spade L pork rub and Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. Definitely some of the better ribs I've ever had.

Come on, man. You gotta post photographic evidence!

Comment

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362373808.138226.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X