No announcement yet.

3-2-1 method for smoked ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks great! I loved cooking ribs on my Traeger. Usually turned out great!
    "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

• Wow. Did they taste as good as they look?
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Great first shot at ribs. Wow.
        I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• that is a nice smoke ring.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Wow. Did they taste as good as they look?
            They tasted terrific. We were really rushed for time because of my son's concert but the ribs were so good that even at 9:30 tonight now that we are home we busted out the leftovers for another round.

I tried three different rubs just to get a taste for them all, but I think I defeated the purpose by using the same Cowtown sauce on everything. I think it masked the rubs a bit, but then all three rubs are basically very similar.

My wife liked the Spade L ribs best while my daughter insists the JL rub is by far the best. I found them all about the same and all very tasty.

I followed JL's modified instructions, which work flawlessly.
            "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
              They tasted terrific. We were really rushed for time because of my son's concert but the ribs were so good that even at 9:30 tonight now that we are home we busted out the leftovers for another round.

I tried three different rubs just to get a taste for them all, but I think I defeated the purpose by using the same Cowtown sauce on everything. I think it masked the rubs a bit, but then all three rubs are basically very similar.

My wife liked the Spade L ribs best while my daughter insists the JL rub is by far the best. I found them all about the same and all very tasty.

I followed JL's modified instructions, which work flawlessly.

From the photos they look perfect in terms of doneness. Bravo. My last batch was a little on the overdone side. Go figure.

What pellets did you use?
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

From the photos they look perfect in terms of doneness. Bravo. My last batch was a little on the overdone side. Go figure.

What pellets did you use?
                Traeger mesquite. I was a little concerned about the mesquite being too strong, but I thought the smoke flavor was just right on these ribs.

I also have hickory on hand, and I think I'm going to go buy some apple. My brother says he likes to mix the hickory and apple.
                "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                  Traeger mesquite. I was a little concerned about the mesquite being too strong, but I thought the smoke flavor was just right on these ribs.

I also have hickory on hand, and I think I'm going to go buy some apple. My brother says he likes to mix the hickory and apple.
                  As I have said before, I think mesquite is perfect for this ribs recipe because the smoke time is limited due to the foil phase. I have tried it with apple and didn't have enough smoke flavor. I did it once with hickory and nobody liked it. Everyone thought the ribs tasted like hot dogs. I have done pulled pork with an apple/hickory mix (70/30) and it tasted great, but that was with 10 or so hours of smoking.

That being said, don't be afraid to shake things up and find out what you like.

Comment

• about 45 minutes out from a pre BYU-ND feast,

Comment

• Ribs are looking good. How do you like the moinks? I have never attempted them.
                      I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Everyone loves the Moinks. Easy and satisfying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                          about 45 minutes out from a pre BYU-ND feast,

I appreciate this picture.

I'm going to let BYU determine what I eat for dinner. If this game sucks, I will leave early for the 'Co and buy some tip. If the game requires me to watch all of it, I will simply go to nearby Smiths and buy skin-on chicken.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            I appreciate this picture.

I'm going to let BYU determine what I eat for dinner. If this game sucks, I will leave early for the 'Co and buy some tip. If the game requires me to watch all of it, I will simply go to nearby Smiths and buy skin-on chicken.
                            You should be eating well tonight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                              You should be eating well tonight!
                              Mmmm. Chicken.
                              A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
                                Mmmm. Chicken.
                                Cheaper than tip, too!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X