The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
    come on guys. Full House is awful and this "reboot" will be even more awful. I don't know that "CUT. IT. OUT." will have aged as well as Dave Coulier would like to believe.
    Its not just Cut It Out. All the old tropes are there. Have Mercy. How Rude. Bring it in (for a hug). You got it dude.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
      Chekov's son, the actor andrew koenig, is dead.
      STABOOOOOOONE!

That sucks.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Mikey has a boner for Boner in this fan fiction mash-up. Boner feels the same, but can't deal with his feelings so he joins the Marines, crushing Mike.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The Heavy Water War, involving the race to build the atomic bomb. It involves historical figures Niels Bohr and Werner Heisenberg on opposite sides.
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Watched The Detectorists at the urging of a friend. About a couple of guys who belong to a metal detecting club and spend all their free time looking for Saxon gold in local fields. A very subdued show, but I really liked it. Only the first season, of 6 episodes, is up on Netflix, but I understand the 2nd already aired in the UK. I highly recommend it, but you have to go in with the understanding that it's just likable, not a "golden era of television" fancy acting, plot-driven type show.

Comment

• Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated-- if you have to watch cartoons w kids, this is required viewing. Basically a truly funny version of Scooby Doo that parodies all the old Scooby Doo conventions and characters while still navigating the honest-to-goodness arcs of solving mysteries and unmasking spooky haunts, while delving deeper into the character development and nuance aspect of the storytelling the original lacked. Lots of moments.
              Last edited by Commando; 03-29-2016, 09:10 PM.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Armenag View Post
                Watched The Detectorists at the urging of a friend. About a couple of guys who belong to a metal detecting club and spend all their free time looking for Saxon gold in local fields. A very subdued show, but I really liked it. Only the first season, of 6 episodes, is up on Netflix, but I understand the 2nd already aired in the UK. I highly recommend it, but you have to go in with the understanding that it's just likable, not a "golden era of television" fancy acting, plot-driven type show.
                Love that show Toby Jones is great in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                  Love that show Toby Jones is great in it.
                  Agreed. I liked the show quite a bit.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                    Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated-- if you have to watch cartoons w kids, this is required viewing. Basically a truly funny version of Scooby Doo that parodies all the old Scooby Doo conventions and characters while still navigating the honest-to-goodness arcs of solving mysteries and unmasking spooky haunts, while delving deeper into the character development and nuance aspect of the storytelling the original lacked. Lots of moments.
                    My kids love the "hex girls" goth/rock band in the show.
                    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                      My kids love the "hex girls" goth/rock band in the show.
                      Me too.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Started watching a 10 episode documentary on Netflix called The Sixties. One of the best things I've seen on television in a while.
                        "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                          Started watching a 10 episode documentary on Netflix called The Sixties. One of the best things I've seen on television in a while.
                          I've been watching The Seventies. I love all the old footage.

Comment

• http://nerdist.com/wet-hot-american-...ng-to-netflix/

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• "Team Foxcatcher".

Documentary on Netflix supported by Dave Schultz wife. More video footage of Dave and those at Foxcatcher.

Similar to the 30-for30 Prince of PA..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Patton Oswalt: Talking for Clapping.

I enjoyed it.
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X