Breaking Bad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • falafel
    loves to talk on things
    • Mar 2009
    • 37983

    #1711
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Spoiler for spoiler:
    Yeah, but if Dexter dies he will die as a holy person who just wants to settle down with his beautiful wife (another reformed serial killer!) and take care of his cute son. His psychopathic tendencies are all gone and his sister who murdered a fellow cop in cold blood now feels good about herself due to some helpful counseling and is able to return to work as cop without any of that nasty guilt she used to feel. Barf...
    Spoilers!
    Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 09-17-2013, 10:22 AM.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    Dig your own grave, and save!

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • ERCougar
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 10978

      #1712
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Come on. You don't recognize the sarcasm in that statement?
      Of course it's sarcastic. That doesn't mean it's not addressed at the same dead horse/straw man claim of Walt being a good guy that no one has ever made.

      Let's drop it. It's dumb.

      Now, how is this show going to end?
      At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
      -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69697

        #1713
        Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Spoilers!
        Whoops. Sorry.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69697

          #1714
          Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
          Of course it's sarcastic. That doesn't mean it's not addressed at the same dead horse/straw man claim of Walt being a good guy that no one has ever made.

          Let's drop it. It's dumb.

          Now, how is this show going to end?
          I am standing by my prediction of Walt rescuing Jesse and then dying. Let the record show I called it first.



          Something terrible is going to happen to Walt's family in the next episode. And maybe Marie. I predict another gut-wrenching episode.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • Mormon Red Death
            BYU Delenda Est
            • Nov 2008
            • 8077

            #1715
            Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
            Of course it's sarcastic. That doesn't mean it's not addressed at the same dead horse/straw man claim of Walt being a good guy that no one has ever made.

            Let's drop it. It's dumb.

            Now, how is this show going to end?
            He's coming back like john wayne to get his money back and be the baddest mother fer around

            Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
            "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

            "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

            Comment

            • Commando
              Explosivo
              • Feb 2009
              • 20748

              #1716
              The thing I was about to post was approximated by Dean Norris when he described the show as a Rorschach test for the viewers. Tastes Great, Less Filling debates on here over whether Walt is likable or whom you're rooting for are tiring. Not as frustrating as the thought of DaBrockster gobbling up this thread without watching the show, though. :igiveup:
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

              Comment

              • SteelBlue
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 8189

                #1717
                My prediction: Walt ends up in that very barrel he pushed through the desert.

                Comment

                • ERCougar
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 10978

                  #1718
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  I am standing by my prediction of Walt rescuing Jesse and then dying. Let the record show I called it first.



                  Something terrible is going to happen to Walt's family in the next episode. And maybe Marie. I predict another gut-wrenching episode.
                  That would be a satisfying ending to me.
                  Jesse dying or Walt dying with Jesse still as a meth-cooking slave or any of Marie/Skyler/Walt Jr/Holly dying would be just too much of a gut punch.
                  At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                  -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

                  Comment

                  • clackamascoug
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 9709

                    #1719
                    Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                    My prediction: Walt ends up in that very barrel he pushed through the desert.
                    It is the right kind of plastic... interesting.

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69697

                      #1720
                      Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                      Don't overreact guys. I'm not saying Walt is some kind of moral compass or hero. But his arc is going almost completely opposite of what you guys were predicting before the last half season.
                      I think the ending has been absolutely perfect thus far and overall is just what I was expecting and hoping for.

                      I noticed that Phedipittydo made a comment on FB a day or two ago about how BB is a very moral series. Couldn't agree more. There is an undercurrent of justice and realism that gives this show some real integrity. My buddy's wife used to gripe about him watching BB because she was worried that it would "glorify the drug trade". I told her that she couldn't have been farther from the truth. I can't imagine a more compelling or convincing portrayal of the horrors that come with that industry.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • The_Douger
                        Athletic Supporter
                        • Jun 2012
                        • 5413

                        #1721
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        I think the ending has been absolutely perfect thus far and overall is just what I was expecting and hoping for.

                        I noticed that Phedipittydo made a comment on FB a day or two ago about how BB is a very moral series. Couldn't agree more. There is an undercurrent of justice and realism that gives this show some real integrity. My buddy's wife used to gripe about him watching BB because she was worried that it would "glorify the drug trade". I told her that she couldn't have been farther from the truth. I can't imagine a more compelling or convincing portrayal of the horrors that come with that industry.
                        That's exactly how I feel. I was talking about that with my mom. I never understood all the killings and stuff that went along with the drug trade, and it makes complete sense to me now. Turf wars, betrayals, coercion, etc. Once you're in, you can never, ever get away from it.
                        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                        Comment

                        • jay santos
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 13652

                          #1722
                          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          I think the ending has been absolutely perfect thus far and overall is just what I was expecting and hoping for.
                          The "Walt couldn't be more evil" camp was predicting he would go darker and darker, ultimately killing his wife maybe.

                          In this last half season he has:
                          --completely walked away from the drug empire
                          --refused to kill Hank for his survival
                          --was willing to give away his whole fortune to save Hank
                          --argued against everyone, ie Saul and Skylar, to preserve Jesse's life before giving in
                          --took full blame for the crimes to absolve Skylar, who had just completely betrayed him

                          This is Walt basically going in the opposite direction of what you guys were saying.

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69697

                            #1723
                            Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                            The "Walt couldn't be more evil" camp was predicting he would go darker and darker, ultimately killing his wife maybe.

                            In this last half season he has:
                            --completely walked away from the drug empire
                            --refused to kill Hank for his survival
                            --was willing to give away his whole fortune to save Hank
                            --argued against everyone, ie Saul and Skylar, to preserve Jesse's life before giving in
                            --took full blame for the crimes to absolve Skylar, who had just completely betrayed him

                            This is Walt basically going in the opposite direction of what you guys were saying.
                            lol. Give it up, man. You could make a parallel list of all the horrible things that Walt did at the same time. Did you not catch the two versions of Walt in the last episode?

                            I predicted his world would come crashing down on him, his empire and family would be destroyed, he would lose everything, and that he would die in the end. Still waiting to see if that last bit happens.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • The_Douger
                              Athletic Supporter
                              • Jun 2012
                              • 5413

                              #1724
                              I don't really want him to die.
                              Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                              Comment

                              • jay santos
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 13652

                                #1725
                                Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                                I don't really want him to die.
                                He's dying of cancer. He's gonna die.

                                edit: Walt winning will not be him living. It will be dying the way he wants, with his legacy preserved. That's what I'm hoping for (but not necessarily predicting) as a Walt fan.

                                Comment

                                Working...