Breaking Bad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • The_Douger
    Athletic Supporter
    • Jun 2012
    • 5413

    #1726
    Originally posted by jay santos View Post
    He's dying of cancer. He's gonna die.

    edit: Walt winning will not be him living. It will be dying the way he wants, with his legacy preserved. That's what I'm hoping for (but not necessarily predicting) as a Walt fan.
    Let me rephrase. I don't want him to die due to a gunfight. I want the cancer to take him with him knowing that his master plan ended up with him gaining nothing for all his trouble. And I don't mean it in a mean or vindictive way towards him, but he ruined may lives due to his involvement in the meth trade.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

    Comment

    • SandYFan
      Junior Member
      • May 2013
      • 754

      #1727
      Originally posted by jay santos View Post
      He's dying of cancer. He's gonna die.

      edit: Walt winning will not be him living. It will be dying the way he wants, with his legacy preserved. That's what I'm hoping for (but not necessarily predicting) as a Walt fan.
      We only have Walt's word to Hank that Walt is dying. We do not know this is true.

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69720

        #1728
        Originally posted by SandYFan View Post
        We only have Walt's word to Hank that Walt is dying. We do not know this is true.
        He does cough a lot. Even when nobody is watching.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • falafel
          loves to talk on things
          • Mar 2009
          • 37988

          #1729
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          He does cough a lot. Even when nobody is watching.
          And gets chemo. When no one is watching.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

          Dig your own grave, and save!

          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • Non Sequitur
            Where did I put my bodkin
            • Nov 2008
            • 5773

            #1730
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            I think the ending has been absolutely perfect thus far and overall is just what I was expecting and hoping for.

            I noticed that Phedipittydo made a comment on FB a day or two ago about how BB is a very moral series. Couldn't agree more. There is an undercurrent of justice and realism that gives this show some real integrity. My buddy's wife used to gripe about him watching BB because she was worried that it would "glorify the drug trade". I told her that she couldn't have been farther from the truth. I can't imagine a more compelling or convincing portrayal of the horrors that come with that industry.
            You can't have watched the Spooge episode and come away thinking that BB glorifies the drug trade.
            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

            Comment

            • ERCougar
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 10978

              #1731
              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              I think the ending has been absolutely perfect thus far and overall is just what I was expecting and hoping for.

              I noticed that Phedipittydo made a comment on FB a day or two ago about how BB is a very moral series. Couldn't agree more. There is an undercurrent of justice and realism that gives this show some real integrity. My buddy's wife used to gripe about him watching BB because she was worried that it would "glorify the drug trade". I told her that she couldn't have been farther from the truth. I can't imagine a more compelling or convincing portrayal of the horrors that come with that industry.
              I've had this discussion with my wife a few times. She keeps making snide remarks about how this show about meth couldn't possibly be something good for people to watch (usually in response to my son wanting to watch with me and me telling him yes--in a few years). The overall story arc is a brilliant portrayal of what happens when good people get their hands a little dirty, even if for good reasons. Meth, like most any other hard drug, is not something to mess with.

              I think the Wire did a nice job of this, too (in the half season that I watched of it).
              At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
              -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

              Comment

              • Dwight Schr-ute
                Members Only
                • May 2011
                • 4917

                #1732
                Originally posted by SandYFan View Post
                Forgot to mention the brilliance of the "Jesse is now a meth cooking slave" scene.

                The sheer terror in Jesse.

                The fact that Todd says absolutely nothing until his "Let's cook" statement.

                Camera showing the new lab.

                Just quietly dragging him from his cell, padlocking him to the zip line, letting him check out the photo of Brock and his mom, and scene.

                Todd is freaky, man. He doesn't get riled up about anything. Watch out for the quiet ones. It's the bad guys who bluster and rant and rave you don't have to worry about as much.
                If you haven't seen it, this whole episode break down is great, but starting at 2:10 where they talk about Jesse's situation, listening to Paul Aaron talk about Todd is enough to make you shiver.

                Watch the latest full episodes and video extras for AMC shows: The Walking Dead, Better Call Saul, Killing Eve, Fear the Walking Dead, Mad Men and more.
                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

                Comment

                • Pheidippides
                  Liberal Feminazi
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 14759

                  #1733
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  I think the ending has been absolutely perfect thus far and overall is just what I was expecting and hoping for.

                  I noticed that Phedipittydo made a comment on FB a day or two ago about how BB is a very moral series. Couldn't agree more. There is an undercurrent of justice and realism that gives this show some real integrity. My buddy's wife used to gripe about him watching BB because she was worried that it would "glorify the drug trade". I told her that she couldn't have been farther from the truth. I can't imagine a more compelling or convincing portrayal of the horrors that come with that industry.
                  This show is more effective than 50 more years of Just Say No.
                  Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                  Comment

                  • SoCalCoug
                    Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 5214

                    #1734
                    This is what I think Breaking Bad has been brilliant in showing: Good people aren't always likeable; likeable people aren't always good.

                    I LOVE when shows make people a little uncomfortable.
                    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

                    "Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

                    "Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

                    Comment

                    • SandYFan
                      Junior Member
                      • May 2013
                      • 754

                      #1735
                      Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
                      This is what I think Breaking Bad has been brilliant in showing: Good people aren't always likeable; likeable people aren't always good.

                      I LOVE when shows make people a little uncomfortable.
                      It's a good message.

                      A question: in the flash forward, Walt has returned to his burned-out home to retrieve the ricin. In broad daylight.

                      Why is he not at all concerned with being arrested? If he has a big plan involving a giant gun and ricin, what part of that plan involves being seen and having the police called? Why not get back into the house in the middle of the night?

                      Unless he's planning on leading the police in a car chase to the Nazi compound, I guess.

                      Comment

                      • Jeff Lebowski
                        Corporate lackey for Jesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 69720

                        #1736
                        Originally posted by SandYFan View Post
                        It's a good message.

                        A question: in the flash forward, Walt has returned to his burned-out home to retrieve the ricin. In broad daylight.

                        Why is he not at all concerned with being arrested? If he has a big plan involving a giant gun and ricin, what part of that plan involves being seen and having the police called? Why not get back into the house in the middle of the night?

                        Unless he's planning on leading the police in a car chase to the Nazi compound, I guess.
                        That's an excellent question. I can't figure that out either.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                        Comment

                        • Commando
                          Explosivo
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 20748

                          #1737
                          Originally posted by SandYFan View Post
                          It's a good message.

                          A question: in the flash forward, Walt has returned to his burned-out home to retrieve the ricin. In broad daylight.

                          Why is he not at all concerned with being arrested? If he has a big plan involving a giant gun and ricin, what part of that plan involves being seen and having the police called? Why not get back into the house in the middle of the night?

                          Unless he's planning on leading the police in a car chase to the Nazi compound, I guess.
                          I guess I'm reserving all my skeptical questions for a time when the context of those flash forwards is known.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                          Comment

                          • SandYFan
                            Junior Member
                            • May 2013
                            • 754

                            #1738
                            Originally posted by Commando View Post
                            I guess I'm reserving all my skeptical questions for a time when the context of those flash forwards is known.
                            Fair enough. It's a combination of skepticism and curiosity.

                            Comment

                            • woot
                              Resident Science Cop
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 5531

                              #1739
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Spoiler for spoiler:
                              Yeah, but if Dexter dies he will die as a holy person who just wants to settle down with his beautiful wife (another reformed serial killer!) and take care of his cute son. His psychopathic tendencies are all gone and his sister who murdered a fellow cop in cold blood now feels good about herself due to some helpful counseling and is able to return to work as cop without any of that nasty guilt she used to feel. Barf...
                              True enough. I've mostly enjoyed Dexter over the years (only mildly so the last few), but this final season has been strangely pedestrian. I wonder if the producers/writers realize they haven't made a classic and figured they might as well save any good ideas for their next show.

                              Comment

                              • Dwight Schr-ute
                                Members Only
                                • May 2011
                                • 4917

                                #1740
                                So here's my potential ending. Walt discovers that Jesse is Todd's cook slave and in an effort of redemption, he hatches the plan to go spring him. Walt takes his big gun and is able to pull it all off successfully, somehow that isn't all cliché and stuff. Upon being sprung, Walt is feeling pretty good about himself but Jesse just can't get over the ordered hit and the Jane confession. As they start to walk off, Jesse puts 12 rounds into Walt. And any last remaining good inside of Jesse bleeds out with Mr. White.

                                I think that ending would make me really sad.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

                                Comment

                                Working...