Breaking Bad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Non Sequitur
    Where did I put my bodkin
    • Nov 2008
    • 5773

    #1471
    Originally posted by jay santos View Post
    The weak point in the Jesse-Huell-money thing was that Walt should have connected the dots that Jesse was likely in police custody or working with police. But I still go back to the point that Walt sometimes lets his emotions take over, and when that happens he doesn't act like the cool, calculated evil genius. And when he finds out his money is at risk, his subconscious might not ever care if Jesse is working with police. If the money is gone his life is worthless anyway.
    It wouldn't make sense that Walt would suspect Jesse was working with the police. The police don't know anything. Hank is the only one that knows anything, and Hank once beat Jesse within an inch of his life. Jesse has always hated Hank. Walt would never suspect they were working together.
    "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

    Comment

    • Donuthole
      Official Outgayer
      • Nov 2008
      • 25267

      #1472
      Breaking Bad

      Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
      It wouldn't make sense that Walt would suspect Jesse was working with the police. The police don't know anything. Hank is the only one that knows anything, and Hank once beat Jesse within an inch of his life. Jesse has always hated Hank. Walt would never suspect they were working together.
      meh. Intentions change and alliances shift. Wasn't it Churchill (or was it FDR?) who, when considering teaming up with Russia to defeat Hitler, said: "I don't like communism, but to cross that bridge I would hold hands with the devil".

      Walt may not have suspected that Jesse was working with Hank, but I don't think it out of the realm of reasonableness.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

      There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

      Comment

      • Non Sequitur
        Where did I put my bodkin
        • Nov 2008
        • 5773

        #1473
        Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        meh. Intentions change and alliances shift. Wasn't it Churchill (or was it FDR?) who, when considering teaming up with Russia to defeat Hitler, said: "I don't like communism, but to cross that bridge I would hold hands with the devil".

        Walt may not have suspected that Jesse was working with Hank, but I don't think it out of the realm of reasonableness.
        It's like Il Pad buddying up with SU to bring you down. The possibility would never occur to you.
        "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

        Comment

        • SCcoug
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 7625

          #1474
          My prediction for tonight. Marie goes down to the car wash to gloat at Skyler that Hank caught Walt not knowing that Hank died in the shootout. After they cause a scene Skyler gathers what money she has saved or hidden from Walt and calls up that vacuum repair guy and gets out of town. Jesse gets killed by Todd after a final confrontation with Walt.

          Comment

          • Jeff Lebowski
            Corporate lackey for Jesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 69696

            #1475
            Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
            My prediction for tonight. Marie goes down to the car wash to gloat at Skyler that Hank caught Walt not knowing that Hank died in the shootout. After they cause a scene Skyler gathers what money she has saved or hidden from Walt and calls up that vacuum repair guy and gets out of town. Jesse gets killed by Todd after a final confrontation with Walt.
            I bet that while the shooters are focusing on Hank and Gomez, Jesse slides over and races off in Walt's car. If Jesse dies, I bet it will be in the last episode. Too important of a character.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

            Comment

            • Pheidippides
              Liberal Feminazi
              • Nov 2008
              • 14759

              #1476
              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              I bet that while the shooters are focusing on Hank and Gomez, Jesse slides over and races off in Walt's car. If Jesse dies, I bet it will be in the last episode. Too important of a character.
              Does Jesse have the keys to the car at this point? I agree with you in concept - Jesse lasts to the end - but I'm not sure that's how this goes down.
              Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

              Comment

              • MarkGrace
                Grooveshark dick tease
                • Dec 2008
                • 31546

                #1477
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                I bet that while the shooters are focusing on Hank and Gomez, Jesse slides over and races off in Walt's car. If Jesse dies, I bet it will be in the last episode. Too important of a character.
                The last episode seemed to be hinting that Jesse might get out of there.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                Comment

                • jay santos
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 13652

                  #1478
                  Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                  The last episode seemed to be hinting that Jesse might get out of there.
                  I thought that was an obvious hint. Jesse comes out of it ok. I like the prediction that skylar flees. Something separates her from Walt in these next couple episodes (if not death). Hank and Gomez are dead. Tonight will be the beginning of major conflict between Walt and the skinheads.

                  Comment

                  • Commando
                    Explosivo
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 20748

                    #1479
                    Three full episodes without Jesse seems like too much. That is the most compelling reason I can think of that he survives the shootout.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                    Comment

                    • Pheidippides
                      Liberal Feminazi
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 14759

                      #1480
                      I withdraw all criticisms of last week's ending and chalk it up to artistic license.
                      Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                      Comment

                      • old_gregg
                        scaly man fish
                        • Nov 2009
                        • 16915

                        #1481
                        well shit. i love that gilligan gets straight to the point.
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                        Comment

                        • UVACoug
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2013
                          • 2685

                          #1482
                          Rian Johnson is a freakin' genuis.


                          Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69696

                            #1483
                            WOW. Speechless.

                            Absolutely perfect episode.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • PaloAltoCougar
                              Semper infra dignitatem
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 16936

                              #1484
                              Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post
                              I withdraw all criticisms of last week's ending and chalk it up to artistic license.
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              WOW. Speechless.

                              Absolutely perfect episode.
                              Amen and amen. The first fifteen minutes or so were spectacularly good (and the rest was great). The flashback showed superbly how things once were, and the fade out of Walt, Jesse and the RV to the present, all with the beautiful backdrop, was breathtaking. And the image of Walt falling to the ground after losing family (Hank) and fortune tied in perfectly with the episode's titular poem. Outstanding television tonight.

                              Comment

                              • UVACoug
                                Senior Member
                                • Mar 2013
                                • 2685

                                #1485
                                Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                Amen and amen. The first fifteen minutes or so were spectacularly good (and the rest was great). The flashback showed superbly how things once were, and the fade out of Walt, Jesse and the RV to the present, all with the beautiful backdrop, was breathtaking. And the image of Walt falling to the ground after losing family (Hank) and fortune tied in perfectly with the episode's titular poem. Outstanding television tonight.
                                I think my favorite part of the episode was watching Jesse swinging that stick in the background of the flashback while Walt talked to Skyler on the phone. Pure genuis.


                                Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

                                Comment

                                Working...