Breaking Bad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • UVACoug
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2013
    • 2685

    #1486
    i55qMY5.jpg
    Last edited by UVACoug; 09-15-2013, 08:17 PM.

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69676

      #1487
      I predict that the series will end with Walt dying in a shootout while rescuing Jesse from slavery. Thus he will get some small measure of redemption.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • UVACoug
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2013
        • 2685

        #1488
        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        I predict that the series will end with Walt dying in a shootout while rescuing Jesse from slavery. Thus he will get some small measure of redemption.
        That makes the most sense. I wonder what will change his mind on Jesse though. The teaser suggested a threat to Skyler, probably from the DEA. We know the house is abandoned at some point, so he may be coming back for her. Jesse will definitely be a factor though.

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69676

          #1489
          Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
          Amen and amen. The first fifteen minutes or so were spectacularly good (and the rest was great). The flashback showed superbly how things once were, and the fade out of Walt, Jesse and the RV to the present, all with the beautiful backdrop, was breathtaking. And the image of Walt falling to the ground after losing family (Hank) and fortune tied in perfectly with the episode's titular poem. Outstanding television tonight.
          Yeah. So much for any notion of pandering to cheesy Hollywood gimmicks. This episode was like a great novel: harsh, unforgiving, and beautiful. Just brilliant writing.

          Best episode of the series, and that is really saying something.
          Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 09-15-2013, 08:03 PM.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • Pheidippides
            Liberal Feminazi
            • Nov 2008
            • 14759

            #1490
            Flynn is the one person - the one person - who has stood up to Walt and said no, the only one who has made the right choice, immediately. At least I can't think of another. It was nice to see that from him today.
            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69676

              #1491
              Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post
              Flynn is the one person - the one person - who has stood up to Walt and said no, the only one who has made the right choice, immediately. At least I can't think of another. It was nice to see that from him today.
              Yeah but besides his mother, who else was in that kind of situation? You certainly can't claim that Hank or Marie caved.

              I really liked how Hank went out, btw. Was that the first f-bomb of the series?
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • Non Sequitur
                Where did I put my bodkin
                • Nov 2008
                • 5773

                #1492
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                I really liked how Hank went out, btw. Was that the first f-bomb of the series?
                No, there have a couple of others. I've heard Gilligan say that AMC gives them one a year.
                "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

                Comment

                • UVACoug
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2013
                  • 2685

                  #1493
                  I'm obviously a little insane, but for a split second I thought Skyler's plan was murder-suicide when she pulled out the knife. When she put her hand in Flynn's stomach, I thought for a second she was stabbing him. Such a crazy scene.

                  Comment

                  • Pheidippides
                    Liberal Feminazi
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 14759

                    #1494
                    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Yeah but besides his mother, who else was in that kind of situation? You certainly can't claim that Hank or Marie caved.

                    I really liked how Hank went out, btw. Was that the first f-bomb of the series?
                    No, but they hesitated, hemmed and hawed. And Hank died as an indirect result. Hank put his career first, refused to reveal to any but Gomie.
                    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                    Comment

                    • Non Sequitur
                      Where did I put my bodkin
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 5773

                      #1495
                      I loved watching Walt roll that barrel through the desert, and I loved watching Walt stripped bare, with no veneer. He is now officially evil.
                      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

                      Comment

                      • SCcoug
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 7625

                        #1496
                        Good grief how much better can this show get?

                        - Jesse sword fighting with the stick in the background of the cold opener.

                        -Gomie and Hank buried in the money pit. Not the money for life exchange Walt was going for.

                        - Todd to Walt, "Sorry for your loss."

                        - "I watched Jane die. I was there and I watched her die"

                        -That scene as Skyler walks in as it pans to the phone and knives. Does she call the cops, grab a knife (to kill Walt, suicide, murder suicide)?

                        -Walt's confession.

                        Comment

                        • old_gregg
                          scaly man fish
                          • Nov 2009
                          • 16915

                          #1497
                          Was Walt putting all the blame on his head during the phone call with skyler supposed to be redemptive? The crying while he was doing it was amazing. Is Cranston the greatest tv actor of all time?
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                          Comment

                          • CardiacCoug
                            вот так штука
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 11013

                            #1498
                            Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                            I loved watching Walt roll that barrel through the desert, and I loved watching Walt stripped bare, with no veneer. He is now officially evil.
                            But the phone call Walt made to Skyler there at the end wasn't him actually threatening Skyler, right? That was Walt's way of protecting his family -- making sure they are in protective custody so they are safe from the skinheads.

                            Comment

                            • CardiacCoug
                              вот так штука
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 11013

                              #1499
                              Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                              Was Walt putting all the blame on his head during the phone call with skyler supposed to be redemptive? The crying while he was doing it was amazing. Is Cranston the greatest tv actor of all time?
                              Yep I think it is Walt taking all the blame, protecting Skyler and the kids both from prosecution and making sure they are in protective custody so the nazis can't get to them either.

                              Comment

                              • Pheidippides
                                Liberal Feminazi
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 14759

                                #1500
                                Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                                Yep I think it is Walt taking all the blame, protecting Skyler and the kids both from prosecution and making sure they are in protective custody so the nazis can't get to them either.
                                Agreed. My wife and I thought that when we saw it as well. He was playing the dominating husband in a way he hadn't before, and his line about himself having built the empire - just him - I think was designed to exculpate Skylar.

                                But at the same time, when he walked back to the beat up truck after the call, we were wondering if he had done something horrible to Holly. Just because you never know.
                                Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                                Comment

                                Working...