Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wuapinmon
    Soul Plumber
    • Dec 2008
    • 30711

    #526
    Man, I've got a X-load of stuff to grade and the board is on fire right now.
    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

    Comment

    • JohnnyLingo
      La Naranja
      • Nov 2008
      • 3976

      #527
      Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
      Man, I've got a X-load of stuff to grade and the board is on fire right now.
      Sack up and do your work, slacker.

      Comment

      • wuapinmon
        Soul Plumber
        • Dec 2008
        • 30711

        #528
        Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
        Sack up and do your work, slacker.
        Me gustas cuando callas porque estás como ausente,
        y me hablas desde lejos, y tu voz no me joda.
        Parece que los ojos se te hubieran volado
        y parece que nada nunca te cerrarás la boca.

        Me gustas cuando callas y estás como distante.
        Y estás como quejándote, mariposa sin saberlo.
        Y no te oigo desde lejos, y tu voz no me alcanza:
        déjame en paz con el silencio tuyo.

        Déjame que te hable también con tu silencio
        bendito como los pumas, simple como un uto.
        Eres como un necio, creído y nunca callado.
        Tu silencio es de esperar, tan lejano y sencillo.

        Me gustas cuando callas porque estás como ausente.
        Distante y doloroso como si hubieras muerto.
        Una palabra entonces, una última basta.
        Y estoy alegre, alegre de que sí sea cierto.
        "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
        The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

        Comment

        • Indy Coug
          Heartless Bastard
          • Dec 2008
          • 18747

          #529
          Everything in life is an approximation.

          http://twitter.com/CougarStats

          Comment

          • JohnnyLingo
            La Naranja
            • Nov 2008
            • 3976

            #530
            Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
            <a bunch of Spanish>
            Good to see I'm off double secret wuap ignore probation.

            Comment

            • Jarid in Cedar
              CS Institutional Memory
              • Jun 2009
              • 13234

              #531
              Borrow money from a pessimist. He won't expect you to repay it.
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

              "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

              "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

              -Rick Majerus

              Comment

              • Indy Coug
                Heartless Bastard
                • Dec 2008
                • 18747

                #532
                Will there be a time when Bill Simmons is required to submit a column that is less than 15,000 words?
                Everything in life is an approximation.

                http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                Comment

                • JohnnyLingo
                  La Naranja
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 3976

                  #533
                  Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                  Will there be a time when Bill Simmons is required to submit a column that is less than 15,000 words?
                  I really don't get the beef with Simmons' column length. The guy writes a lot of stuff. He's not restricted because the column doesn't go to print. This is apparently a crime against humanity.

                  Are people similarly offended by Greg Easterbrook? That guy makes Simmons look like a children's book writer.

                  Comment

                  • Indy Coug
                    Heartless Bastard
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 18747

                    #534
                    People would enjoy Star Wars I, II and III a lot more if they realized that the Star Wars series was aimed at 8 to 14 year old boys and the reason why they loved IV, V and VI to begin with was because they were 8 to 14 years old when they saw them.
                    Everything in life is an approximation.

                    http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                    Comment

                    • JohnnyLingo
                      La Naranja
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 3976

                      #535
                      Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                      People would enjoy Star Wars I, II and III a lot more if they realized that the Star Wars series was aimed at 8 to 14 year old boys and the reason why they loved IV, V and VI to begin with was because they were 8 to 14 years old when they saw them.
                      There is much wisdom in this.

                      Comment

                      • happyone
                        Board Bookworm
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 5398

                        #536
                        Funerals during December are not fun We've had two this week, an 89 yr old woman. That one was not so bad. The other one was for a 16 day old baby.

                        I may be small, but I'm slow.

                        A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

                        Comment

                        • wuapinmon
                          Soul Plumber
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 30711

                          #537
                          My home is properly victualed for the holidays after dropping $300 on stuff I do not plan to take back. All hail the grandparent holiday subsidy! Yes, I'm talking to you scandell
                          "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                          The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                          Comment

                          • John McClain
                            Comfortably Numb
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 1012

                            #538
                            Is there anything as nice as a warm cozy bed on a cold winter's night. That's where I'm headed
                            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment

                            • wuapinmon
                              Soul Plumber
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 30711

                              #539
                              Originally posted by John McClain View Post
                              Is there anything as nice as a warm cozy bed on a cold winter's night. That's where I'm headed
                              A warm cozy bed with a naked and randy woman in it.
                              "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                              The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                              Comment

                              • happyone
                                Board Bookworm
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 5398

                                #540
                                I guess I am now offically an OLD GEEZER. I went to the eye doctor last week and my new glasses are bifocals. I pick them up this week.

                                I may be small, but I'm slow.

                                A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

                                Comment

                                Working...