Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bo Diddley
    Senior
    • Jul 2012
    • 18790

    #4216
    Going out to lunch with my mom today since I have the day off.

    Bo: What time works best for you?
    Mama Diddley: 1
    Bo:

    Who eats lunch at 1?!

    Comment

    • YOhio
      Hipster Mode
      • Nov 2008
      • 26165

      #4217
      Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
      Going out to lunch with my mom today since I have the day off.

      Bo: What time works best for you?
      Mama Diddley: 1
      Bo:

      Who eats lunch at 1?!
      Your mom

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69705

        #4218
        Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
        Going out to lunch with my mom today since I have the day off.

        Bo: What time works best for you?
        Mama Diddley: 1
        Bo:

        Who eats lunch at 1?!
        People who wake up at 9:30 am.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • Bo Diddley
          Senior
          • Jul 2012
          • 18790

          #4219
          Originally posted by YOhio View Post

          Your mom
          I must’ve missed the memo where mom jokes became acceptable and basic civility took a bathroom break.

          Sad!

          Comment

          • YOhio
            Hipster Mode
            • Nov 2008
            • 26165

            #4220
            Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

            I must’ve missed the memo where mom jokes became acceptable and basic civility took a bathroom break.

            Sad!
            Don't ask the question if you don't want the answer.

            Comment

            • Moliere
              One man.....one pie
              • Oct 2009
              • 27881

              #4221
              Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
              Going out to lunch with my mom today since I have the day off.

              Bo: What time works best for you?
              Mama Diddley: 1
              Bo:

              Who eats lunch at 1?!
              Europeans
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

              Comment

              • BigPiney
                Huge Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 12366

                #4222
                Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

                I must’ve missed the memo where mom jokes became acceptable and basic civility took a bathroom break.

                Sad!
                Mom jokes are always acceptable.

                Comment

                • Bo Diddley
                  Senior
                  • Jul 2012
                  • 18790

                  #4223
                  Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

                  Mom jokes are always acceptable.
                  I have that line from Napoleon Dynamite going through my head. "Your mom goes to college."

                  Comment

                  • Donuthole
                    Official Outgayer
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 25268

                    #4224
                    I don't usually each lunch on days I work, but when I do, I prefer it to be 1 or later. Delayed gratification, plus it makes the afternoon go by so much faster.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                    There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                    Comment

                    • Clark Addison
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 10310

                      #4225
                      Originally posted by Moliere View Post

                      Europeans
                      Some of the biggest conflicts I have with my wife are when we are in Europe and at about 5:30 she starts agitating about finding a place for dinner.

                      Comment

                      • Bo Diddley
                        Senior
                        • Jul 2012
                        • 18790

                        #4226
                        Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post

                        Some of the biggest conflicts I have with my wife are when we are in Europe and at about 5:30 she starts agitating about finding a place for dinner.
                        #teammrsaddison

                        Comment

                        • chrisrenrut
                          Strikes and Gutters
                          • Jul 2009
                          • 2298

                          #4227
                          Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          I don't usually each lunch on days I work, but when I do, I prefer it to be 1 or later.
                          Stay hungry, my friend.

                          Comment

                          • Moliere
                            One man.....one pie
                            • Oct 2009
                            • 27881

                            #4228
                            Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post

                            Some of the biggest conflicts I have with my wife are when we are in Europe and at about 5:30 she starts agitating about finding a place for dinner.
                            The restaurants over they probably love you guys. You are in at 6 and probably out by 7. That leaves time for the usual European couple that will show up to the restaurant around 7:30 and finally finish up sometime around 9:30.
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                            Comment

                            • Clark Addison
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 10310

                              #4229
                              Originally posted by Moliere View Post

                              The restaurants over they probably love you guys. You are in at 6 and probably out by 7. That leaves time for the usual European couple that will show up to the restaurant around 7:30 and finally finish up sometime around 9:30.
                              They probably would if my wife ever won these arguments

                              Comment

                              • SteelBlue
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 8189

                                #4230
                                Today was trash day in my neighborhood and realizing at 6 am that I hadn't added any green waste I headed outside to get my money's worth. I was working in my sideyard off the driveway chopping up palm fronds and trying to be quiet for the neighbors. Kept the light off for same reason. After a few minutes a man appeared in my driveway pointing a flashlight at me and asking a little too bluntly for my taste "do you live here?" I replied with a simple "Why?" followed with "and who are you?" He told me he was "patrolling the neighborhood" and thought it looked suspicious that I was in a sideyard in the dark while the house lights were all off. I told him I thought it was suspicious that he thought the neighborhood needed patrolling and I invited him to step off of my driveway and down to the sidewalk if he'd like to talk further. As I approached him I saw he was all decked out in camo. Duck Dynasty type beard.

                                I laughed about him patrolling as our neighborhood is quite safe but full of boomers who are afraid of everything. We do not have, and have not needed a neighborhood watch. I don't even lock my doors at night, the neighborhood is that kind of safe. Rarely lock my car doors and in 10 years not one incident. I asked "which house do you live in?" and he was vague but stated again he was out protecting the neighborhood. Then he said "well, you look normal so I'll be on my way." I'm still laughing about this but was also thinking how dangerous it is. Just another example of someone living in a fabricated fear and taking way too much action.

                                Comment

                                Working...