Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Moliere
    One man.....one pie
    • Oct 2009
    • 27898

    #4246
    Fly someone other than American and you won’t need lounge access

    I have a purple delta Amex card that has a $600 per year annual fee. The fee pays for itself in just a companion ticket and other upgrades.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

    Comment

    • BigPiney
      Huge Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 12375

      #4247
      Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
      My company just sent one of those Phishing test emails that was "Someone sent you a Valentine's card", which, and maybe I am too sensitive, is kind of cruel I think. It's like my company is saying "Psyche!! No one really loves you! Haha, loser"

      Comment

      • Clark Addison
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 10316

        #4248
        Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        Fly someone other than American and you won’t need lounge access

        I have a purple delta Amex card that has a $600 per year annual fee. The fee pays for itself in just a companion ticket and other upgrades.
        At the Charlotte airport, 90% of flights are American. United and Delta are both around 2%. I don't know if it is still true, but as of a couple of years ago it was the major airport that is the most dominated by a single airline.

        So I am saying my options are somewhat limited

        Comment

        • chrisrenrut
          Strikes and Gutters
          • Jul 2009
          • 2299

          #4249
          Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post

          At the Charlotte airport, 90% of flights are American. United and Delta are both around 2%. I don't know if it is still true, but as of a couple of years ago it was the major airport that is the most dominated by a single airline.

          So I am saying my options are somewhat limited
          I take the Delta direct flight to/from SLC and Charlotte 4 or 5 times a year. Always on time, but they relegate to the very farthest A gate. The walk is almost SLC Airport-esque.

          Comment

          • Moliere
            One man.....one pie
            • Oct 2009
            • 27898

            #4250
            Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post

            At the Charlotte airport, 90% of flights are American. United and Delta are both around 2%. I don't know if it is still true, but as of a couple of years ago it was the major airport that is the most dominated by a single airline.

            So I am saying my options are somewhat limited
            I'm a Delta Amex card holder that lives in Houston, which is a United hub. I fly Delta every chance I can get, but it helps that most of my flights are to SLC, Paris or go through Amsterdam, which are all direct from Houston on Delta or Delta partners. I only fly United if there really is no other alternative on Delta. I've even flown through an Atlanta connection to avoid United. I can't imagine having to slum it on American.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

            Comment

            • Bo Diddley
              Senior
              • Jul 2012
              • 18812

              #4251
              Originally posted by Moliere View Post

              I'm a Delta Amex card holder that lives in Houston, which is a United hub. I fly Delta every chance I can get, but it helps that most of my flights are to SLC, Paris or go through Amsterdam, which are all direct from Houston on Delta or Delta partners. I only fly United if there really is no other alternative on Delta. I've even flown through an Atlanta connection to avoid United. I can't imagine having to slum it on American.
              I look up AA flights from Provo when I'm choosing travel. I haven't yet, but it's probably only a matter of time.

              Comment

              • Clark Addison
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 10316

                #4252
                Originally posted by Moliere View Post

                I'm a Delta Amex card holder that lives in Houston, which is a United hub. I fly Delta every chance I can get, but it helps that most of my flights are to SLC, Paris or go through Amsterdam, which are all direct from Houston on Delta or Delta partners. I only fly United if there really is no other alternative on Delta. I've even flown through an Atlanta connection to avoid United. I can't imagine having to slum it on American.
                Over 90% of my flights are to Washington DC. There are zero non-stop Delta flights from Charlotte to any DC area airport.

                Comment

                • YOhio
                  Hipster Mode
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26165

                  #4253
                  In the 90's the church used the David O McKay quote, "No other success can compensate for failure in the home" in a lot of the missionary literature in Taiwan. They had bumper stickers members would place on their scooters or cars. We'd give them out and the message really seemed to resonate with people. In true RM fashion, you'd occasionally see the sticker around campus on someone's day planner or notebook (not a lot of laptops when I was at BYU).
                  I occasionally see that sticker on a car in Utah. Like once every few years. If I can safely get a picture I send it to my old mission buddies. They do the same if they see it. It's one of my favorite ways to reconnect with them. I saw one yesterday and it made my day.

                  Comment

                  • Clark Addison
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 10316

                    #4254
                    Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                    In the 90's the church used the David O McKay quote, "No other success can compensate for failure in the home" in a lot of the missionary literature in Taiwan. They had bumper stickers members would place on their scooters or cars. We'd give them out and the message really seemed to resonate with people. In true RM fashion, you'd occasionally see the sticker around campus on someone's day planner or notebook (not a lot of laptops when I was at BYU).
                    I occasionally see that sticker on a car in Utah. Like once every few years. If I can safely get a picture I send it to my old mission buddies. They do the same if they see it. It's one of my favorite ways to reconnect with them. I saw one yesterday and it made my day.
                    I don't have the bumper sticker, but I do have a necktie somewhere that has it printed on it in Chinese.

                    Comment

                    • YOhio
                      Hipster Mode
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 26165

                      #4255
                      Is the best thing about being a women really just the prerogative to have a little fun? I think it's time to reexamine this narrative.

                      Comment

                      • BigPiney
                        Huge Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 12375

                        #4256
                        I've never thought of poblano peppers as very spicy. But I just got contacts for the first time last week. I absolutely such at putting them in and taking them out. I just finished making dinner and had cut up a poblano, dicing it for the chili. Then I went and washed my hands and tried to take out my contacts. Poblano peppers are very spicy for your eyes.

                        Comment

                        • Copelius
                          Maker of eyeballs
                          • Dec 2012
                          • 4071

                          #4257
                          Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                          I've never thought of poblano peppers as very spicy. But I just got contacts for the first time last week. I absolutely such at putting them in and taking them out. I just finished making dinner and had cut up a poblano, dicing it for the chili. Then I went and washed my hands and tried to take out my contacts. Poblano peppers are very spicy for your eyes.

                          Been there, done that.
                          “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

                          Comment

                          • Bo Diddley
                            Senior
                            • Jul 2012
                            • 18812

                            #4258
                            Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                            I've never thought of poblano peppers as very spicy. But I just got contacts for the first time last week. I absolutely such at putting them in and taking them out. I just finished making dinner and had cut up a poblano, dicing it for the chili. Then I went and washed my hands and tried to take out my contacts. Poblano peppers are very spicy for your eyes.

                            I've taken hits of pepper spray a few times. Water reactivates the burning. Baby shampoo helps.

                            Comment

                            • PaloAltoCougar
                              Semper infra dignitatem
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 16940

                              #4259
                              Very random, but I just read a funny note about the making of "The Princess Bride." Billy Crystal hired the SNL makeup artist to create his look for his Miracle Max character. Crystal gave the artist a picture of his grandmother and Casey Stengel, and said, "Make me look like a combination of these two."


                              Comment

                              • BigFatMeanie
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 7119

                                #4260
                                Banjos are cool.

                                Comment

                                Working...