Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cougjunkie
    *Banned*
    • Nov 2008
    • 23223

    #1936
    Heard a funny joke on spongebob.

    SpongeBob says "Patrick what am I?

    "I don't know...Stupid?"

    "No Patrick, I am Texas."

    "Whats the difference? "



    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    *Banned*

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69724

      #1937
      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      Heard a funny joke on spongebob.

      SpongeBob says "Patrick what am I?

      "I don't know...Stupid?"

      "No Patrick, I am Texas."

      "Whats the difference? "
      A great episode. We quote that one all the time.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • Dwight Schr-ute
        Members Only
        • May 2011
        • 4917

        #1938
        Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
        Heard a funny joke on spongebob.

        SpongeBob says "Patrick what am I?

        "I don't know...Stupid?"

        "No Patrick, I am Texas."

        "Whats the difference? "



        Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
        As someone who mistakingly gets called Rick on almost a daily basis, I've always gotten a lot of mileage out of this clip.

        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

        Comment

        • Pheidippides
          Liberal Feminazi
          • Nov 2008
          • 14759

          #1939
          Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
          As someone who mistakingly gets called Rick on almost a daily basis, I've always gotten a lot of mileage out of this clip.

          That is my all-time favorite episode.
          Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

          Comment

          • ewth8tr
            Reverend of Irreverence
            • Nov 2008
            • 2347

            #1940
            Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post
            That is my all-time favorite episode.
            The sentence enhancers episode was the best one, by far.
            "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

            Comment

            • Joe Public
              8.1 YPC
              • Apr 2011
              • 8531

              #1941
              Ken Jennings is amazing.
              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

              "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

              Comment

              • Uncle Ted
                The Big 12 money shot.
                • Apr 2010
                • 28853

                #1942
                Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                Ken Jennings is amazing.
                AKA. WatsonsBitch



                "I for one welcome our new computer overlords."
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • MarkGrace
                  Grooveshark dick tease
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 31546

                  #1943
                  Latest census bureau has Seattle as the fastest growing major city in the US. It's pretty easy to look around and see the place is exploding, but I'm still a bit surprised by this. Also, for the first time in 100 years growth in Seattle is outpacing the surrounding areas in King County.
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                  Comment

                  • Mormon Red Death
                    BYU Delenda Est
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 8077

                    #1944
                    Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                    Latest census bureau has Seattle as the fastest growing major city in the US. It's pretty easy to look around and see the place is exploding, but I'm still a bit surprised by this. Also, for the first time in 100 years growth in Seattle is outpacing the surrounding areas in King County.
                    Is Puyallup nice if you work in tacoma?. I'm hoping for an offer soon
                    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

                    "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

                    Comment

                    • MarkGrace
                      Grooveshark dick tease
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 31546

                      #1945
                      Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                      Is Puyallup nice if you work in tacoma?. I'm hoping for an offer soon
                      Nice in terms of convenience? Don't really know. I really don't know anything outside of Seattle. I went to Puyallup once but I can't really remember where it was or how I got there.

                      What kind of gig are you looking at there?
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                      Comment

                      • Mormon Red Death
                        BYU Delenda Est
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 8077

                        #1946
                        Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                        Nice in terms of convenience? Don't really know. I really don't know anything outside of Seattle. I went to Puyallup once but I can't really remember where it was or how I got there.

                        What kind of gig are you looking at there?
                        It would be at a health plan in downtown. The company ix work for owns 20 of them in the country and, with Washingtons expanded Medicaid and c exchanges their membership is going/has tripled.
                        "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

                        "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

                        Comment

                        • smokymountainrain
                          Impressive Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 22593

                          #1947
                          Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                          Nice in terms of convenience? Don't really know. I really don't know anything outside of Seattle. I went to Puyallup once but I can't really remember where it was or how I got there.
                          lol.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

                          Comment

                          • smokymountainrain
                            Impressive Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 22593

                            #1948
                            Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                            It would be at a health plan in downtown. The company ix work for owns 20 of them in the country and, with Washingtons expanded Medicaid and c exchanges their membership is going/has tripled.
                            Puyallup should be pretty convenient if you're working in Tacoma. Probably about as nice as anything you'll find down there. Granted, that's not saying a lot, but if you're working in Tacoma, you don't have a ton of choices. I don't know the Tacoma area real well as I tried to avoid it mostly, but we have some relatives in Puyallup and their neighborhood is nice.
                            Last edited by smokymountainrain; 05-22-2014, 07:01 PM.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

                            Comment

                            • The_Tick
                              Made something of myself
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 7295

                              #1949
                              Puyallup is okay.

                              If you have a choice though...I would look in the Fife/Milton/Sumner area. All within a 20 minute drive of Tacoma.

                              Church is good there. One of the nicest church buildings in the area is near Tacoma General. Building is 75 years old, but has some awesome stain glass windows.

                              I served in the WaTac mission, and then lived there for 5 years. Feel free to hit me up.

                              Comment

                              • LA Ute
                                Receiver of Memory
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 19512

                                #1950
                                Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                                It would be at a health plan in downtown. The company ix work for owns 20 of them in the country and, with Washingtons expanded Medicaid and c exchanges their membership is going/has tripled.
                                Glad to see you're headed back west.
                                “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                                ― W.H. Auden


                                "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                                -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                                "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                                --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                                Comment

                                Working...