Thank you for taking down the thread about retards and Ute fans. I trust you exercise better judgment in your calling.
- BG
Hacked again
Collapse
X
-
For some types of network outages, you would be surprised. True (OK, maybe slightly embellished) story from work:Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View PostI like the image of some guy in overalls with an oil can squirting a couple of drops here and there, and voila! Glad it's up and running again.
We had power to a data center go down. Data center is supposed to have diesel-powered backups but something malfunctioned and the diesel gens didn't kick in. Eventually they got power back up but when they powered things up a board in a SAN controller blew up. That SAN just happened to host the storage for a bunch of critical things so the entire data center was still non-functional until someone could find some new guts for the SAN controller. It was about 3:00 in the morning and our entire global Engineering and Ops organization was online waiting for some dude to drive from one part of town to the other with a new board for the SAN controller. The war-room conversation went something like this:
Executive: What's the status?
Engineers: We're waiting for a vendor to bring a new controller board for the SAN.
Executive: Well where is he? What's taking so long?
Engineers: He's on the freeway heading south. Siri says he'll be at the data center in 35 minutes.
Executive: Can't he go any faster?
Engineers: He's only got a Kia. He's going 85 mph and it starts to shimmy if he goes any faster.
Executive: Damn!
Executives and customers were not pleased with that particular fiasco.
Leave a comment:
-
I like the image of some guy in overalls with an oil can squirting a couple of drops here and there, and voila! Glad it's up and running again.Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View PostThe internet needed a little grease, apparently.
Leave a comment:
-
The internet needed a little grease, apparently.
There was a networking gear that was causing the slowness and engineers fixed it and everything is back to normal.
Leave a comment:
-
Server/website was down today. I submitted a ticket to our hosting service and it just came back online. Waiting for a report on what happened.
Sorry for the hassle.
Leave a comment:
-
Well pretty soon the browsers are going to start complaining about web sites that don't use https, which is the case for this one.Originally posted by Bo Diddley View PostWhat gives? When I click on the time to get a new smoker thread, I get this message:
[ATTACH]8915[/ATTACH]
Edit: I only get this on my phone, not my laptop, so maybe it's just something on my phone.
Leave a comment:
-
What gives? When I click on the time to get a new smoker thread, I get this message:
Screenshot_20180714-095331.jpg
Edit: I only get this on my phone, not my laptop, so maybe it's just something on my phone.Last edited by Bo Diddley; 07-14-2018, 09:03 AM.
Leave a comment:
-
This just started happening to me this morning. I can get in the main page, and see a lot of threads, but can't get into any threads.Originally posted by imanihonjin View PostSomething seems to be messing with my employer's firewall again. I can view the thread topics in the forum just fine but when I click to view the thread something is triggering a fire wall block. Anyone else experiencing similar issues?
Leave a comment:
-
He was saying "No!" while nodding his head yes. I was here and saw the whole thing. True story.Originally posted by byu71 View PostJust kidding. I know you to be a fair guy.
Leave a comment:
-
No!Originally posted by byu71 View PostHasn't fixed it for me. Did you do that on purpose?
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: