Hacked again

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • beefytee
    replied
    Thanks for getting it fixed BFM and JL.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    Actually got some work done this morning.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bo Diddley
    replied
    I was cursing those Albanians all day.

    Leave a comment:


  • falafel
    replied
    Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    Ahh , the problem is happening for people who use the “Old School” style. You need to change your vBulletin style to one of vBulletinf defaults.
    I've been using "Grunge" and it wasn't working since last night. Working now though.

    Leave a comment:


  • BigFatMeanie
    replied
    Update: It's (mostly) working now. We weren't hacked (except by me). All styles are working now except for the default VB5 style.

    Details:
    Because CS has been loading slow and sluggish lately, and our host pointed to high CPU usage, The Dude asked me yesterday to take a look at things. It appears that we have heavy DB load so I started poking around at optimizations for the DB. Last night I dropped a couple of old tables and truncated some that were growing needlessly. I also found a recommendation on the vBulletin forums to move the CSS style pages out of the DB and onto the filesystem. When the styles are in the DB they are incorporated into every post page by the DB which is needlessly CPU intensive and by serving the CSS off the filesystem we could reduce DB load. I made that change last night and tested it with my configured style (I run Blue Green because Blue = BYU, obviously) as well as the default vBulletin 5 style and they both worked so I went to bed.

    Unfortunately, not all the styles were correctly moved out to the filesystem so, depending on what style you had set, you may have seen the page without the proper CSS. Unlike those who have retired with welder money and no longer have to worry about their day job, I have to work for a living and got up this morning and went to the office. I didn't know that CS was having problems until I checked my email an hour ago. I have done a style rebuild and now all the styles are working EXCEPT for the default VB5 style - arrgh. I'll take a look at that one later today when I'm done with work.​​​​​

    Leave a comment:


  • Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    Now everything is working but default VB5.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pelado
    replied
    Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    Ahh , the problem is happening for people who use the “Old School” style. You need to change your vBulletin style to one of vBulletinf defaults.
    I changed it around a couple of times and then set it back to "Dark" like I had before, and it's working on both my mobile and my desktop now.

    Leave a comment:


  • BigFatMeanie
    replied
    Ahh , the problem is happening for people who use the “Old School” style. You need to change your vBulletin style to one of vBulletinf defaults.

    Leave a comment:


  • BigFatMeanie
    replied
    Weird. Working for some people and not for others. For those who are broken, can you clear your browser cache and see if that help?

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyFunkhouser
    replied
    Originally posted by beefytee View Post
    Yeah. Not linking to the style sheets correctly.
    I had the same issue, but was able to change the style and now see it normally. I figured I fat fingered a setting, but I guess it wasn't just me.

    Leave a comment:


  • beefytee
    replied
    Yeah. Not linking to the style sheets correctly.

    Leave a comment:


  • Joe Public
    replied
    I can hardly read the site. It’s like 1990s Yahoo! was placed in a box and shaken.

    F1C2F976-B6EA-44DD-BA65-ED5423C99122.png

    Leave a comment:


  • Pelado
    replied
    Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    I was messing around with the site tonight, trying to improve performance. Is there some specific thing you saw that led you to believe we were hacked or was it just an error message like an HTTP 503?
    Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    I was messing around with the site tonight, trying to improve performance. Is there some specific thing you saw that led you to believe we were hacked or was it just an error message like an HTTP 503?
    The formatting on my phone is way funky.

    Leave a comment:


  • BigFatMeanie
    replied
    I was messing around with the site tonight, trying to improve performance. Is there some specific thing you saw that led you to believe we were hacked or was it just an error message like an HTTP 503?

    Leave a comment:


  • Joe Public
    replied
    Bump?

    Leave a comment:

Working...