Utah Recruiting

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #91
    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Hee hee. If the Utes get Cullen they win the MWC. Like I said, 2010 is the tortois and the hare year.

    http://utah.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?...sType=0&Sort=0
    per your link, SC sits in 4th place as of now (still no word on several strong recruits) and is the only school this year to average 4+ stars in their overall class. Florida sits at #1.

    that is pretty impressive for both schools considering the coaching change at SC and that technically, Urban allegedly won't be coaching the team in the fall.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • cougjunkie
      *Banned*
      • Nov 2008
      • 23223

      #92
      Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
      Somebody on utefans said that if you go by average stars Utah is no. 32 and BYU is no. 58.
      Well BYU had Rowley, Stout, Schwenke (when he was committed) all downgraded from 4 stars to 3 for essentially committing early as they all had better senior seasons than junior seasons.

      Which tells me that Rivals doesnt know shit.
      *Banned*

      Comment

      • Hot Lunch
        Out of Office
        • Nov 2008
        • 7842

        #93
        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        Not according to Rivals. Do you know more than Rivals?
        I don't buy the star crap. I follow the offers. The offers the kids from TCU hold are much more impressive than both BYU and Utah.
        "Take it to the Bank"

        Comment

        • MarkGrace
          Grooveshark dick tease
          • Dec 2008
          • 31546

          #94
          Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
          I don't buy the star crap. I follow the offers. The offers the kids from TCU hold are much more impressive than both BYU and Utah.
          Then why is everyone so excited about Fehoko? His other options were Hawai'i and Utah St. (Utah St.!) for crying out loud.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

          Comment

          • MartyFunkhouser
            Disciple of RNGesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 18754

            #95
            Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            Well BYU had Rowley, Stout, Schwenke (when he was committed) all downgraded from 4 stars to 3 for essentially committing early as they all had better senior seasons than junior seasons.

            Which tells me that Rivals doesnt know shit.
            Or maybe it is just the fact that BYU lacks a presence on rivals. Let's face it these sites are in the business of making money. They don't give a damn about the actual evaluation, it is all about driving subscriptions. Players commit to a non-affiliated site, why not go ahead and dock them a star.
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

            Comment

            • Surfah
              Where's Wallace?
              • Nov 2008
              • 33726

              #96
              Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
              Then why is everyone so excited about Fehoko? His other options were Hawai'i and Utah St. (Utah St.!) for crying out loud.
              His dad is Vili the Hawaiian Warrior!
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

              Comment

              • Hot Lunch
                Out of Office
                • Nov 2008
                • 7842

                #97
                Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                Then why is everyone so excited about Fehoko? His other options were Hawai'i and Utah St. (Utah St.!) for crying out loud.
                At one point, Fehoko had offers from a number of BCS schools. I don't know what happened there.

                He was also good enough to be named an Army All American which says something.

                Rivals is the best resource for recruiting and high school sports. Find all of your favorite team's information or browse our advanced player database.
                "Take it to the Bank"

                Comment

                • Blueintheface
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 15382

                  #98
                  Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                  At one point, Fehoko had offers from a number of BCS schools. I don't know what happened there.

                  He was also good enough to be named an Army All American which says something.

                  http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal....-Fehoko-82021
                  I think weight and height were "an issue" but this is a good player that Utah will enjoy having. Utah incidentally is stacked at the position.
                  "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                  "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                  Comment

                  • MarkGrace
                    Grooveshark dick tease
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 31546

                    #99
                    Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                    At one point, Fehoko had offers from a number of BCS schools. I don't know what happened there.

                    He was also good enough to be named an Army All American which says something.

                    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal....-Fehoko-82021
                    I don't get what happened either. BO listed a pretty impressive group of schools, but then he ends up choosing among Utah, Hawai'i and Utah St. (Utah St.!)? Utah is the only good program in there, I don't care if his dad is the Hawai'i mascot!

                    Something strange occurred between when this kid first started getting hyped and LOI day.
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                    Comment

                    • SeattleUte
                      Faith crisis consultant
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 20837

                      #100
                      Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                      At one point, Fehoko had offers from a number of BCS schools. I don't know what happened there.

                      He was also good enough to be named an Army All American which says something.

                      http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal....-Fehoko-82021
                      the answer is that he committed to Utah. He was saying hawaii and Utah State for sentimental reasons. He never wanted to go there. It's clear he picked Utah over USC, Washington, etc. Get over it.
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                      --Jonathan Swift

                      Comment

                      • Hot Lunch
                        Out of Office
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 7842

                        #101
                        Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                        I think weight and height were "an issue" but this is a good player that Utah will enjoy having. Utah incidentally is stacked at the position.
                        I don't think his height is an issue at all. 5'11 6'0 linebackers in college are a dime a dozen. Weight could be an issue.

                        I like the signing for Utah. I think it is a really good get.
                        "Take it to the Bank"

                        Comment

                        • SeattleUte
                          Faith crisis consultant
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 20837

                          #102
                          Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                          I don't get what happened either. BO listed a pretty impressive group of schools, but then he ends up choosing among Utah, Hawai'i and Utah St. (Utah St.!)? Utah is the only good program in there, I don't care if his dad is the Hawai'i mascot!

                          Something strange occurred between when this kid first started getting hyped and LOI day.
                          He picked Utah. That's what happened.
                          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                          --Jonathan Swift

                          Comment

                          • WashingtonCoug
                            Monsters like me
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 1489

                            #103
                            Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                            Hee hee. If the Utes get Cullen they win the MWC. Like I said, 2010 is the tortois and the hare year.

                            http://utah.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?...sType=0&Sort=0
                            You're right, if you're not careful tortoise SDSU is going to catch you napping.

                            "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
                            —Abraham Maslow

                            Comment

                            • U-Ute
                              Non member
                              • Aug 2009
                              • 2071

                              #104
                              So far, I think we have an excellent recruiting class...

                              I think we filled some holes quite nicely in the DT and LB spots, and continued to find good players at the other positions.

                              Reese and Scott are really nice pickup at the WR position, which means that Whittingham continues to want to put the ball into the air. I'm still not sure what kind of offense we run.

                              I'm not sure how the QB situation will pan out. With Wynn there potentially for 3 more years, it'll be interesting to see what these guys can do. QB is always a tricky position to recruit as the mental jump from HS to D1 is huge. Still, they both have decent size and speed, so either of them could move to DE which seems to be the thing to do these days (see: Kruger, Manis).

                              Fehoko would be a really nice pickup at the LB position. That's the one area I don't think we recruit very well, and it almost seems by design. It'd be nice to make inroads there.

                              With the Aiono, the Kruger bros, Latu Heimuli, Star, Cox, Siliga, Fotu, Shelby, Talamaivao and Tuipolotu, I think we're in good shape at the d-line. We have been great at the DE positions, so getting some extra size on the inside is a bonus. Ricky Heimuli would've been a nice pickup, no doubt, but with all of the guys we have there, I can see why he wanted to go a different direction.

                              With guys like Bergstrom, Brenner, Stevens, Taylor, Tuimauga, Schlauderoff, and Watts returning, adding a guy like Cullen will help us in a pinch when the injury bug bites.

                              Then you have guys like Collins, Smith, and Payne who seem to be the kind of athlete you just put on the field.

                              If we end up with Lucky, along with Shakey, we'll be in the pole position for the all name team and the Deseret Dual trophy will be all but ours!

                              Overall, I think we targeted the areas we need to target, and we are getting more talent than I've ever seen recruited to Utah in the past. All the stars and numbers are meaningless if they don't produce on the field of course, so that story has yet to be written.

                              Go Utes!

                              U-Ute

                              Comment

                              • Katy Lied
                                Senior Member
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 9435

                                #105
                                Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                                oh no you don't. Only 3D can do this successfully. I know you know how to say his name.
                                Sorry bout that. I get Fehoko and Hafoka mixed up sometimes.

                                Comment

                                Working...