Male Camel Toe Syndrome: I'll Never Get Enough of USU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88% odds this week? I'll take it.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      88% odds this week? I'll take it.
      That's basically what's implied by the betting, so if you believe you efficient sports betting markets you should feel pretty good.

Comment

Same thing as above, but this time we'll veer into the optimistic world and assume that BYU's true quality is rank = 10:

Code:
                        team  home  rank  mov   prob
        0        Connecticut    -1   124   27  1.000
        1              Texas    -1    23    3  1.000
        2            Houston     1    62   20  1.000
        3           Virginia     1    59   19  1.000
        4         Utah State     1    70   17  0.884
        5    Central Florida    -1    50   11  0.778
        6             Nevada     1    69   22  0.933
        7        Boise State    -1    42    9  0.745
        8   Middle Tennessee    -1    90   21  0.925
        9               UNLV     1   130   34  0.990
        10    Savannah State     1   246   65  0.990
        11        California    -1    63   14  0.842

Comment

Here is the distribution based on ESPN's fpi (which currently ranks BYU 18th ... here I just use the FPI model probabilities for all games):

Comment

An here is the same thing using Massey's model (Masset ranks BYU as quality 20 but I think the probabilities are generated from the power index models which ranks BYU as 25th):

Comment

If you haven't discovered it yet, you owe it to yourself to visit the USU fan board:

http://www.usufans.com/Forums/viewforum.php?f=4

You can thank me later.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                If you haven't discovered it yet, you owe it to yourself to visit the USU fan board:

http://www.usufans.com/Forums/viewforum.php?f=4

You can thank me later.
                We're just so cocky and arrogant!

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                  Not to mention "abnoxious and total clueless".

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                    They're stealing material from Hot Lunch now.
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by pelagius View Post
                      Looks like the line is out so I will update my distributional predictions for the season. The early line for the game is like BYU -17.5. I haven't changed my before season assessment of BYU as basically quality rank = 20. If we hold that constant, and then plug in Sagarin's current linear MOV ratings (which are still noisy but getting better ... also I will use what is implied by the betting for Utah St.) we get something like the following:

Code:
                                     team  home  rank  mov   prob
                      0        Connecticut    -1   124   22  1.000
                      1              Texas    -1    23   -2  1.000
                      2            Houston     1    62   15  1.000
                      3           Virginia     1    59   14  1.000
                      4         Utah State     1    70   17  0.884
                      5    Central Florida    -1    50    6  0.672
                      6             Nevada     1    69   17  0.884
                      7        Boise State    -1    42    4  0.617
                      8   Middle Tennessee    -1    90   16  0.871
                      9               UNLV     1   130   29  0.970
                      10    Savannah State     1   246   60  0.990
                      11        California    -1    63    9  0.745
                      I'm surprised they think Nevada is so bad. I think Nevada will beat Boise this week. Their defense seems to be greatly improved.

Basically it looks like win road games against Boise and UCF, and it should be pretty easy until Cal.
                      Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

I'd be more worried playing Cal this week than after Thanksgiving. By then, Cal's season will be essentially over, and they play us right after the Big Game with Stanford, which is by far the most important game to Cal fans. Assuming they lose that one, they can be expected to mail it in against BYU.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                          I'd be more worried playing Cal this week than after Thanksgiving. By then, Cal's season will be essentially over, and they play us right after the Big Game with Stanford, which is by far the most important game to Cal fans. Assuming they lose that one, they can be expected to mail it in against BYU.
                          I worry about playing them if they're 5-6 and need to win for bowl eligibility. I'd feel better about if it they were 6-5 or 4-7. They seem to have the type of passing attack that can give us trouble.
                          Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                            They're stealing material from Hot Lunch now.
                            lol
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

In response to Remington Peck saying Chuckie wont play the rest of the season to try and medical redshirt.

I'm hearing it was an official press release from BYU about the upcoming game. If that's the case I'm guessing they're trying to get USU to confirm or deny their fabricated rumor. Stay Classy BYU.
                              It is all an intel op to get USU to tip their hand!

http://www.usufans.com/Forums/viewto...98526f#p334069

Comment

Bronco hyping the rivalry with USU

The players on the other hand, not so convinced. It's just another game.

Jamal doesn't even feel it for the uofutah:

“I still haven’t felt the rivalry against Utah. I’m not even there yet,” he said. “People say it’s a rivalry and they hate each other. I ain’t got there yet. I’m trying to. I don’t have that hatred. This game against Utah State’s going to be a good one. It’s an in-state game for us and another opportunity to get better.”
                                At least he's trying.
                                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                                X