Penn State pedophilia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Are people associated with universities that have been sacntioned for recruiting violations trying to use this alleged horror to minimize their own bad behavior?
    You continue to bandwagon and add to the rush to judment in this tragic story. Does it make you feel better? The AD was placed on administrative leave, probably paid by the university, so he could focus on saving his liberty. The adminstrator, who is 62, volumtarily returned to retirement. They maintain their innocense and the university is paying for their defenses, which means that the university is presuming them innocent until convicted, which is what it should do.
    So, it's ironic that a DI sports junkie, NCAA hater, BYU fan, and USC apologist like you is on the side you're on in this nacsent prosecution. (By the way, none of this is mitigating USC's immorality; the incidents are unrelated.)
    You still don't get the differnce between a complaint and proof, do you. Do you see the parallel in the two situations?
    Whoops.
    Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 11-07-2011, 10:21 AM.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Whoops.
      !o!

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        You are correct. It appears that JoePa did the minimum necessary to avoid legal implication in that one instance.

he then continued to give access to Sandusky...who took kids on bowl trips, brought them to the team facilities, brought them to home football games, banquets, etc..

I guess JoePa didn't notice?? Or since it was no longer his legal duty to do anything about it, he didn't care? I don't know but I'm having a hard time understanding why he did nothing more in the years that followed even though he saw Sandusky continue to cavort with little boys.

Adios, JoePa. And adios Penn State's reputation. It just went from one of the best to possibly the absolute worst.

I wonder how many of these victims will testify. And are there more?
        From the grand jury report the access that Sandusky had was negotiated as part of his retirement package. The grand jury report also indicated that they told Sandusky to stay off the property, but that they believed that it was unenforceable. I think the bowl trips were alleged to have happened before Sandusky retired.

I think Joe Pa fell short, too. In fact the number of people who fell short in this is large, including janitorial staff, parents, the Univeristy general Counsel-who also was on 2nd Miles board of directors, administrators, everyone involved pretty much. And there was a whole lot of passing the buck.

I bet there are many more victims. I am glad that they had the courage to come forward and stand up to this disgusting person (allegedly).

Comment

I also read the grand jury report, against my better judgment. If true, everyone associated with Sandusky and this situation needs to be publicly drawn and quartered. JoePa included.
          Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
            Have you just awakened from a nap and find yourself confusing a public forum for discussion about current sports topics with a courtroom? Look around, it is only you and your keyboard,. No one here is bound by the rules of evidence nor should they be. The presumption of innocence will rule the proceedings in court. Here, we may also apply our common sense and experience to the facts we discuss to reach our own opinions and conclusions. Presuming innocence may be important in this forum for some discussion, but it is not the only rubric that we are allowed to use here.
            Suit yourself. Speculate away.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
              I also read the grand jury report, against my better judgment. If true, everyone associated with Sandusky and this situation needs to be publicly drawn and quartered. JoePa included.
              I haven't read it. Please don't give us a review.
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Suit yourself. Speculate away.
                Thank you.

From your response I assume I can look forward to all of your future posts being measured against the rule of evidence and with approproiate presumptions applied.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

If anyone else bothers to read it, please do yourself a favor and skip over the part involving Victim 2. It's horrifying.

I think it's time to start a Big 10 Contraction Groundswell thread. I think it will take PSU about the same time to recover from this as it's taken SMU to recover from the death penalty.
                  Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

More calls for JoePa to be punished for his "compliance" with the bare minimum legal standards

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...y-Lions-110711

Until questions are answered thoroughly and forthrightly, all of these people, including the people rationalizing Paterno’s weak actions upon hearing about the 2002 incident, are guilty of valuing the JoePa myth more than the reality of the vulnerability and preciousness of human life.

Four hundred and nine victories at what cost?

If there is an ounce of dignity left in Paterno’s vain and delusional 84-year-old body, he will step down from his throne today. His written excuse is preposterous...

At age 75, Paterno sought plausible deniability from the allegations of criminal behavior inside the Penn State locker room of his 30-year employee. Rather than immediately demand that Sandusky appear and explain himself, the world-famous molder of men passed the responsibility along to the athletic director, who has far less real power than Paterno. Paterno could have done a helluva lot more. Rather than call the police, Paterno seemingly gathered as little information as possible and slipped back into his JoePa facade.
                    JoePa will not survive this. Nor should he. Just step down this summer and go away, JoePa. You will still enjoy unlimited access to the locker rooms, showers, football facilities, and bowl games.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                      I am speculating.

JoePa is a great guy. I dont get why he doesn't feel the need to protect young boys. If he is convinced of Sandusky's innocence, I don't get why he doesn't feel the need to protect Sandusky's reputation by telling him to never be alone with a young boy with no defense against whatever wild tales the boy may tell. I am just as furious with Sandusky's wife. As much time as he was spending in the basement nakedly hugging young boys, and she knew nothing?

I predict JoePa will be Tresselized: protected by the school and allowed to retire honorably with full pay, but colored nonetheless by this scandal.
                      Don't even compare what happened between tOSU and what is now taking place at PSU.. They are not event he same.. And calling it "Tresselized" is below the belt there..

Comment

Penn State about to take a huge step forward towards winning the PR war....the defense will claim that PSU had no responsibility to report anything. Also, that it is too late to do anything about it, anyway.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...l?sct=cf_t2_a6

The Pennsylvania law requiring some school officials and others to report suspected child abuse does not apply to a Penn State administrator who's accused of keeping quiet about allegations that a former football coach molested a boy in a shower, the administrator's attorney said Sunday.
                        The comments by Pittsburgh lawyer Thomas J. Farrell offer a preview of the defense he plans to use on the charge of failing to report faced by his client, Gary C. Schultz, the university's senior vice president for finance and business. Farrell said he will seek to have the charge dismissed.

Farrell told The Associated Press on Sunday that the mandated reporting rules only apply to people who come into direct contact with children. He also said the statute of limitations for the summary offense with which Schultz is charged is two years, so it expired in 2004.
                        Yeah, this thing isn't going to go away anytime soon.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Jesus, if you are a student of history you realize there is a reason for the presumptions I'm talking about. You and woot seem to be just latching onto the latest fashionable belief.
                          I thought you were an atheist? I doubt atheistcougar is the savior, I also don't think he is Latino.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

I haven't read it. Please don't give us a review.
                            I will not. I did read victim 2 and it was horrific.

I have openly stated here before that I am also a victim of similar abuse and while the situations were slightly different, and while I never had anything like victim 2 levels happen, some of those stories, feelings, ages, situations, approaches were very familiar. I remember being the 11 year old boy trying to make sense of it all. I remember (in a manner of speaking) repressing memories for the better part of a decade. I remember the first person I told - 10 years later. I remember the pain on my dad's face when he found out, 15 years later. It affects my life today and will as long as I am alive.

Millstones and oceans. Millstones and oceans.
                            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

This situation makes you wonder where all the sports "journalists" in the B1G digging up dirt on Ohio State players getting tattoos, Michigan practicing too much, Kelvin Sampson sending too many texts, etc. At least they were really getting to the bottom of things.
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

Millstones and oceans. Millstones and oceans.
                                Amen. I'm trying to clean up my language lately, but what a sick fuck this guy is. He uses his position of respect and authority to set up a charity so that he can have easy access to young boys. I have a ten year old boy. I can't promise I wouldn't kill someone who did this to my son.
                                "Remember to double tap"

Comment

Working...
                                X