The Utah 2011 Football Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cougjunkie
    *Banned*
    • Nov 2008
    • 23223

    #916
    Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
    Never has a fan base been so proud of its team conference.

    They should have probably used some of that paint on their fence.
    *Banned*

    Comment

    • DrumNFeather
      Invisible Swordsman
      • Nov 2008
      • 8854

      #917
      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      They should have probably used some of that paint on their fence.
      Looks like he may have been painting the fence and all of the sudden had an idea.
      "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

      Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

      Comment

      • BoylenOver
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 9146

        #918
        Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
        Never has a fan base been so proud of its team conference.

        I don't know, South Carolina and Vanderbilt are pretty damn proud of being in the SEC (when their team has given them very little).
        "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
        "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

        Comment

        • Flattop
          Many books, little time
          • Jun 2009
          • 1452

          #919
          Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
          I have refused to buy anything that has "PAC12" on it.

          Although, I am weird. I also don't buy any gear that does not have a drum and feather on it.
          Me too, though I am cutting people some slack for this season only. If folks are still doing this kind of thing a year from now, then I will say let 'em have it.
          Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
          Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
          Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

          Comment

          • Coach McGuirk
            1
            • Nov 2008
            • 12109

            #920
            Originally posted by Flattop View Post
            Me too, though I am cutting people some slack for this season only. If folks are still doing this kind of thing a year from now, then I will say let 'em have it.
            Thats seems fair.

            Comment

            • lambdacoug
              Junior Member
              • Oct 2011
              • 3981

              #921
              Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
              I have refused to buy anything that has "PAC12" on it.

              Although, I am weird. I also don't buy any gear that does not have a drum and feather on it.
              LOL

              How the fuck do you buy clothes and shit then? Your boss must love the drum and feather tightey whiteys and sock combo... lol
              Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
              - Howard Aiken

              Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
              - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

              Comment

              • Coach McGuirk
                1
                • Nov 2008
                • 12109

                #922
                Originally posted by atheistcougar View Post
                LOL

                How the fuck do you buy clothes and shit then? Your boss must love the drum and feather tightey whiteys and sock combo... lol
                You truly are the biggest Moran on the board, and that is saying something.

                Comment

                • Jarid in Cedar
                  CS Institutional Memory
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 13234

                  #923
                  Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                  You truly are the biggest Moran on the board, and that is saying something.
                  Yes, yes it is.
                  "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                  "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                  "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                  -Rick Majerus

                  Comment

                  • LA Ute
                    Receiver of Memory
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 19512

                    #924
                    Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                    I have refused to buy anything that has "PAC12" on it.

                    Although, I am weird. I also don't buy any gear that does not have a drum and feather on it.
                    In the first year the U. is in the PAC-12, it is not weird at all to buy gear celebrating that move, and it's silly to criticize people for doing that. It is, after all, the most important thing that has ever happened to Utah athletics. When the Big12 finally gets over whatever it needs to get over and BYU gets in, I am sure there will be tons of gear and related celebrations.

                    In my opinion, of course.
                    Last edited by LA Ute; 10-18-2011, 08:30 AM.
                    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                    ― W.H. Auden


                    "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                    Comment

                    • falafel
                      loves to talk on things
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 37987

                      #925
                      Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                      In the first year the U. is in the PAC-12, it is not weird at all to buy gear celebrating that move, and it's silly to criticize people for doing that. It is, after all, the most important thing that has ever happened to Utah athletics. When the Big12 finally gets over whatever it needs to get over and BYU gets in, I am sure there will be tons of gear and related celebrations.

                      In my opinion, of course.
                      I really doubt this, mainly because the Big 12 logo is super ugly. The PAC-12 logo is actually really cool, IMO.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                      Dig your own grave, and save!

                      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • cougjunkie
                        *Banned*
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 23223

                        #926
                        Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                        In the first year the U. is in the PAC-12, it is not weird at all to buy gear celebrating that move, and it's silly to criticize people for doing that. It is, after all, the most important thing that has ever happened to Utah athletics. When the Big12 finally gets over whatever it needs to get over and BYU gets in, I am sure there will be tons of gear and related celebrations.

                        In my opinion, of course.
                        Buying Utah shirts with the Pac-12 logo on them is not weird at all but buying a Pac-12 shirt with no Utah affiliation is.


                        Also putting Pac-12 stickers on your car (with no Ute affiliation anywhere in sight), painting the Pac-12 logo on your loan, and making a shrine to worship Larry Scott is all a bit odd.
                        *Banned*

                        Comment

                        • cougjunkie
                          *Banned*
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 23223

                          #927
                          Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          I really doubt this, mainly because the Big 12 logo is super ugly. The PAC-12 logo is actually really cool, IMO.
                          In that case maybe you should pick up a shirt with just the logo.
                          *Banned*

                          Comment

                          • falafel
                            loves to talk on things
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 37987

                            #928
                            Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                            In that case maybe you should pick up a shirt with just the logo.
                            No thanks. I am thinking of painting it on my lawn though.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                            Dig your own grave, and save!

                            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • Green Monstah
                              Royal Rooter
                              • Aug 2010
                              • 13962

                              #929
                              Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                              You truly are the biggest Moran on the board, and that is saying something.
                              I feel like a heavy burden has been lifted from my chest.
                              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                              "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                              Comment

                              • LA Ute
                                Receiver of Memory
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 19512

                                #930
                                Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                                Buying Utah shirts with the Pac-12 logo on them is not weird at all but buying a Pac-12 shirt with no Utah affiliation is.


                                Also putting Pac-12 stickers on your car (with no Ute affiliation anywhere in sight), painting the Pac-12 logo on your loan, and making a shrine to worship Larry Scott is all a bit odd.
                                We all have this posted prominently in the entryways to our homes:

                                Last edited by LA Ute; 10-18-2011, 08:40 AM.
                                “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                                ― W.H. Auden


                                "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                                -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                                "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                                --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                                Comment

                                Working...