2011 BYU Football Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • HBCoug
    Peanut Gallery Asshat
    • Dec 2008
    • 2082

    #946
    Originally posted by falafel View Post
    What's the point of that? I suppose the sweet canadian dollars will still be there next year, barring injury, but does he expect lots of playing time? Seems like he's slotted for back up duty at best.
    Maybe he saw the ducks on the currency and couldn't take it seriously?

    Comment

    • cougjunkie
      *Banned*
      • Nov 2008
      • 23223

      #947
      Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
      From what I know about the Canadian contracts, especially for rookies, I don't believe it was a 6-figure contract.
      It probably totaled just over 6 figures over a 4 year period. Those cats don't make much.
      *Banned*

      Comment

      • MarkGrace
        Grooveshark dick tease
        • Dec 2008
        • 31546

        #948
        Sounds like we've come up with a new approach in our conditioning program. More offseason hype to read:

        BYU football went from two strength and conditioning coaches to five this offseason in an attempt to center workouts on specific position groups. The move is designed to increase speed, flexibility and zero in on specific muscle movements position by position.

        And it's working, according to Cougar players I spoke to this past week at a golf tournament at Riverside Country Club.

        Receiver McKay Jacobson isn't working out like tackle Matt Reynolds. Halfback J.J. Diluigi isn't doing all the routines of tight end Devin Mahina.

        "You can tell a difference already in our flexibility and speed," said redshirt freshman receiver Ross Apo.

        Offensive and defensive linemen are grouped with D-linemen and have their own trainer. Linebackers and tight ends are grouped with fullbacks. Receivers, defensive backs, running backs, corners and safeties are in a skill group with quarterbacks. Each has its own professional conditioning coach now.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

        Comment

        • oxcoug
          Dolphins Rape Hipsters
          • Dec 2009
          • 5309

          #949
          Birmingham AL radio host calls BYU "Quarterback U" in interview w/ Heaps and says BYU is to Quarterbacks what Penn St is to LBs and USC is to RBs.



          Good interview.

          [EDIT] Damnit, my bad, wrong thread, sorrz.
          Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

          It can't all be wedding cake.

          Comment

          • LiveCoug
            LA Ute loves me
            • Nov 2008
            • 18488

            #950
            Game time is official for the Ole Miss game. 3:45 ET. Oh, and it will be live on ESPN.

            Comment

            • Eddie
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2009
              • 8098

              #951
              Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
              Game time is official for the Ole Miss game. 3:45 ET. Oh, and it will be live on ESPN.

              http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/...060211aaa.html
              FYI - the article you linked gives the time as 3:45 CT.

              Wrubell has tweeted that the game is at 2:45 MT.

              Comment

              • LiveCoug
                LA Ute loves me
                • Nov 2008
                • 18488

                #952
                Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                FYI - the article you linked gives the time as 3:45 CT.

                Wrubell has tweeted that the game is at 2:45 MT.
                Correct, I had it wrong.

                Comment

                • HBCoug
                  Peanut Gallery Asshat
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 2082

                  #953
                  Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                  Correct, I had it wrong.
                  Par for the course.

                  Comment

                  • MarkGrace
                    Grooveshark dick tease
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 31546

                    #954
                    2011 Prospectus. Is it football season yet?
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                    Comment

                    • Blueintheface
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 15382

                      #955
                      Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                      2011 Prospectus. Is it football season yet?
                      http://www.byucougars.com/uploads/pdf/0000015702-5.pdf
                      Good stuff. I like that ESPN section. I still laugh at Corey Edwards high school photo.

                      It's junior day today, right? I have a neighbor who is friends with the family of the Catholic kid from Florida (name escapes me) that is here today. My neighbor mentioned that his little brother is supposed to be the next big quarterback prospect and that we had a very good shot at landing him, especially if we sign his brother (LB) since they want to play together. I thought I'd ask any of you in the know if you can verify any of this.
                      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                      "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                      Comment

                      • BGRTHNUMEGO
                        Junior Member
                        • May 2010
                        • 3670

                        #956
                        Love the talent, depth, and experience at OL and DL.

                        Comment

                        • MarkGrace
                          Grooveshark dick tease
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 31546

                          #957
                          Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                          It's junior day today, right? I have a neighbor who is friends with the family of the Catholic kid from Florida (name escapes me) that is here today. My neighbor mentioned that his little brother is supposed to be the next big quarterback prospect and that we had a very good shot at landing him, especially if we sign his brother (LB) since they want to play together. I thought I'd ask any of you in the know if you can verify any of this.
                          Yeah, today. Wonder if we'll hear about any commits?
                          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                          Comment

                          • SCcoug
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 7625

                            #958
                            Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                            Good stuff. I like that ESPN section. I still laugh at Corey Edwards high school photo.

                            It's junior day today, right? I have a neighbor who is friends with the family of the Catholic kid from Florida (name escapes me) that is here today. My neighbor mentioned that his little brother is supposed to be the next big quarterback prospect and that we had a very good shot at landing him, especially if we sign his brother (LB) since they want to play together. I thought I'd ask any of you in the know if you can verify any of this.
                            John and Bobby Wolford.

                            Comment

                            • Joe Public
                              8.1 YPC
                              • Apr 2011
                              • 8524

                              #959
                              Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                              2011 Prospectus. Is it football season yet?
                              http://www.byucougars.com/uploads/pdf/0000015702-5.pdf
                              Thanks for posting that. I hope to be watching some kind of pre-game show exactly three months from right now.
                              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                              "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                              Comment

                              • HBCoug
                                Peanut Gallery Asshat
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 2082

                                #960
                                Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                                John and Bobby Wolford.
                                Yep. The LB recruit (Bobby) indicates he believes BYU is very close to offering him a scholly along with Boston College and Wake. To date he has Ivy league offers along with Navy. The younger bro, John (QB), appears as though he will be a huge recruit in a couple years with big name schools already all over him.

                                Comment

                                Working...