BYU vs Florida State thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Shaka
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 10450

    #721
    Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
    I used to date a woman who had the ability to not be a bitch. I dated her for two months because I was waiting for her to show me that she didn't have to be a bitch. We eventually broke up because she was a bitch.
    I'm too dumb to figure out how this post applies. Am I being burned or someone else?

    Comment

    • All-American
      Right, as Usual
      • Nov 2008
      • 15672

      #722
      Originally posted by Shaka View Post
      I'm too dumb to figure out how this post applies. Am I being burned or someone else?
      Only if you're a bitch.
      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

      Comment

      • pellegrino
        miserere me
        • Jan 2009
        • 12100

        #723
        I'd just like to take a moment and state, for the record, that I like Shaka very much even though we disagree on the Riley Nelson issue.

        eom
        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
        Alessandro Manzoni

        Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

        pelagius

        Comment

        • Shaka
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 10450

          #724
          Originally posted by All-American View Post
          Only if you're a bitch.
          Not usually but every once in a while........

          Comment

          • YOhio
            Hipster Mode
            • Nov 2008
            • 26165

            #725
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            We need to put you two into a cage so you can settle this once and for all.
            Are you speaking here as a moderator and the board admin?

            Comment

            • MarkGrace
              Grooveshark dick tease
              • Dec 2008
              • 31546

              #726
              Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
              I'd just like to take a moment and state, for the record, that I like Shaka very much even though we disagree on the Riley Nelson issue.

              eom
              Everyone disagrees with Shaka, but we all still like him.
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

              Comment

              • pellegrino
                miserere me
                • Jan 2009
                • 12100

                #727
                Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                Everyone disagrees with Shaka, but we all still like him.
                and that's important to acknowledge every once in a while.
                Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                Alessandro Manzoni

                Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                pelagius

                Comment

                • MarkGrace
                  Grooveshark dick tease
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 31546

                  #728
                  Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                  I have met both. I concur.
                  Since when did this become an issue of who would win in a fight? You put me in a ring with Shaka, and I'd still put money on the fact that Riley's arm sucks. Besides, everyone knows I'd twist that wuss into a wedgie he'd never be able to get out of
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                  Comment

                  • Jeff Lebowski
                    Corporate lackey for Jesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 69730

                    #729
                    Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                    Are you speaking here as a moderator and the board admin?
                    More like this:

                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                    Comment

                    • FMCoug
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 6825

                      #730
                      Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                      Since when did this become an issue of who would win in a fight? You put me in a ring with Shaka, and I'd still put money on the fact that Riley's arm sucks. Besides, everyone knows I'd twist that wuss into a wedgie he'd never be able to get out of
                      Since The Dude brought it up.
                      "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                      Comment

                      • Shaka
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 10450

                        #731
                        Gosh I hate you all so much right now....

                        Comment

                        • MarkGrace
                          Grooveshark dick tease
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 31546

                          #732
                          Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                          Ok MG, I let it all hang out. I highly value your opinion on music even though sometimes I think you try to be avant garde for the sake of being different. With that said I don't really value your opinion on football or strategy on the same level that I value CJ's and Hot Lunch's. Most of the time they provide analysis that backs up their opinions. I don't have to agree with them in every instance but I respect their opinions because they have demonstrated their knowledge on numerous occasions. My feeling towards you is that to a degree, you gravy train your football opinions from someone who has a better football IQ. I also feel the same way about Funk and Hsaru although I give Funk a pass because he's a Ute and half the time I think he's trolling.
                          Ha. And here I thought resorting to non-sequiturs and petty denigrations was beneath you, but apparently I was mistaken. Look, I will freely admit, and already have admitted, that I'm not a big football guy. I've never played football, I don't really care about football as a sport generally (I like hoop and baseball significantly more), and outside of BYU, I hardly watch a down of it. I will also admit that I pay special attention to posters on the board who I perceive to have solid football knowledge, and their opinions maybe influence me a bit more than others. You clearly know more about football than I do, as you coach, ref, etc., and I, quite frankly, barely care about the sport outside of the Cougs.

                          All of that said, I watch every BYU game, and I've seen every throw Riley has made so far. You don't have to be an expert to see that his arm is just not up to par for the position at BYU, and you don't have to be gravy training other posters to get to that conclusion. This was is what I said about his arm:

                          His release isn't quick; the ball doesn't come out with any velocity; he doesn't get a good, tight spin; half the time the ball is wobbling end over end; outside of very basic throws to the middle of the field (and even sometimes on those types of throws) the ball just floats all over; and on the whole his arm strength is just really, really bad.
                          That is not anyone else's opinion, but rather simply my description of the ball he throws based on observations of him in games. It is not a sophisticated opinion, I realize that, but it's pretty much the same opinion being expressed by the 99.9% of the people on this board (you account for the .1 ). As such, I was simply puzzled why a group of people sharing the exact same opinion were somehow divided into camps where one opinion was more valid than the other, despite the fact that they were saying the exact same thing and in a virtually identical manner. You can say that it's because they "back up their assertions," but in all the links I provided, and in most instances where I've read comments on point from the posters in question, they are simply stating a point-blank opinion in the same way I have. If I would have known that it primarily came down to the fact that you have a man-crush on HL and Junkie, I would have never asked!
                          Last edited by MarkGrace; 09-19-2010, 10:57 PM.
                          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                          Comment

                          • Coach McGuirk
                            1
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 12109

                            #733
                            Bronco: "Overall, the defense played one of its better games of the year."

                            That is not saying much.

                            I would say, if you don't count tackling as part of the defense, then yes. It was certainly better that AFA and on par with Udub. Washington just couldn't take advantage of it, where Ponder did.

                            Ponder for heisman! #1 pick!

                            Comment

                            • Coach McGuirk
                              1
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 12109

                              #734
                              Bronco on sacks allowed: "Receivers were taking longer to get open."

                              I must have missed that. Someone got open?

                              Comment

                              • Coach McGuirk
                                1
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 12109

                                #735
                                Bronco mentioned Matt Reynolds, Terence Brown, Andrew Rich and Brian Logan as players he believed might be getting MRIs today.
                                These are all tweets by Wrubell, I am just doing the commentating.

                                Comment

                                Working...