No announcement yet.

The Big 12 expansion groundswell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats BYU, you deserve it. It will make the rivalry that much more fun going forward.
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• I have been waiting for this moment. This is one of countless predictions in this long thread by SU that BYU would NEVER be invited to the B12:

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
      If you're wrong don't lose your mind and disappear like your cousin Blue Hair did. Let me prepare you. It's not going to happen. Wishful thinking; pure fancy.
      Oracle, my ass. We are all ready for your apology.

We need an apology from that dork, Moose, also.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by originalsocal View Post

They do not have men's volleyball. I wouldn't want to leave the current situation for volleyball anyway.

BYU needs to add rowing and wrestling. The rowing crew could practice on Utah Lake. They may need to move the dead carp first.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I competed in the MPSF. That is a good conference.

Comment

• Remember all the talk about how Sunday play was going to kill us? Lol @ the Oracle.

Also, Lol @ BYU never standing a chance due to LGBT issues. Zero mention of it this time around. Furthermore, it is very clear now that what killed us last time around was OU/Texas saying no to expansion in general at the last second - not the dumb Iowa State student body.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post

You should see the pictures of her on shaka's houseboat.
              It's all good because she's had the necessary work done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Remember all the talk about how Sunday play was going to kill us? Lol @ the Oracle.

Also, Lol @ BYU never standing a chance due to LGBT issues. Zero mention of it this time around. Furthermore, it is very clear now that what killed us last time around was OU/Texas saying no to expansion in general at the last second - not the dumb Iowa State student body.
                I think it was either invite BYU or find a nice G5 conference to join this go around. "Yeah, yeah, yeah... we should invite BYU!"
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

What a great day. Now I need to find some Big12 stickers. I'm sure my Aggie friends might still have some leftover from a decade ago.

I can't wait to see the billboards up and down I15 saying, "This is Big 12 Country!"
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

It's all good because she's had the necessary work done.
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        Yeah, I was wondering who would be our B12 rival, and TCU was the first team that came to mind.

Comment

Yep. My hatred for the past six years has been misdirected. I hope the Iowa State student body can forgive me.
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

I can't wait to see the billboards up and down I15 saying, "This is Big 12 Country!"
                            I can. That's something little brother would do (actually, little brother did it already).

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

I can. That's something little brother would do (actually, little brother did it already).
                              Cracks me up because aTm fans have been the same way about SEC membership the past 10 years.

Comment

Cracks me up because aTm fans have been the same way about SEC membership the past 10 years.
                                And TCU and Rutgers, etc., etc. It's a big deal to be elevated from a MWC or independence state to the celestial glory of P5!

Comment

Working...
                                X