No announcement yet.

"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure wish the Jazz had signed Michael Redd. His stats are outstanding. Looks really healthy.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• IF anyone is willing to take Raja, CJ, or J. Howard for anything, including protected 2nd round picks, just trade them already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
        IF anyone is willing to take Raja, CJ, or J. Howard for anything, including protected 2nd round picks, just trade them already.
        One hammer at this point.
        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• At least the kids played well. The ones that got in anyway.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
            At least the kids played well. The ones that got in anyway.
            Favors comes in, 8 pts in 6 min, yanked after a defensive lapse. Kanter comes in, hits 3 midrange jumpers, boxes out, get his rebounds, sits. I turned it off somewhere in the 3rd just after my last post. If CJ and/or Raja aren't gone in the next 90 min I'll..I'll...bitch and moan and probably watch tonight's game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
              Favors comes in, 8 pts in 6 min, yanked after a defensive lapse. Kanter comes in, hits 3 midrange jumpers, boxes out, get his rebounds, sits. I turned it off somewhere in the 3rd just after my last post. If CJ and/or Raja aren't gone in the next 90 min I'll..I'll...bitch and moan and probably watch tonight's game.
              I never watch the first 8-10 minutes of each half, and rarely watch the last 4 minutes of the half and game. I have no desire to watch Howard, Harris, Bell, Millsap and Jefferson.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

• Hopefully Portland trading Wallace and Crawford away will ensure that they tank harder than Golden State.

Comment

• Jazz not doing anything like usual. Great management

Comment

Jazz not doing anything like usual. Great management
                    It's hard to say "like usual" given the last few years. This team barely resembles what it was, and a lot of that has come via trade.

Comment

• Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
                      Hopefully Portland trading Wallace and Crawford away will ensure that they tank harder than Golden State.
                      This is what happens when you don't have a GM. The signing of Crawford was terrible to begin with and now they are about to turn that into Steve Blake. I can somewhat understand dropping Wallace as he somewhat duplicates what you are hoping to get out of Batum, but still it is a terrible trade. They need to get more out of him if they are going to trade him.

Portland is about to get really bad and it is all Paul Allen's fault. They will tank harder than GState. I feel really bad for LMA. The guy has transformed his game to be a legitimate All-Star and he is rewarded with a garbage team around him.

*Just saw that the pick is potentially only top 3 protected, if that is the case that is a good trade for the Blazers.
                      Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 03-15-2012, 10:42 AM.
                      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

It's hard to say "like usual" given the last few years. This team barely resembles what it was, and a lot of that has come via trade.
                        Besides the maybe okay dwill trade, this year we sent okur away for nothing, signed a has been crappy "shooter", and last year we let a great guy go and signed bell instead. .5/5.

Comment

Besides the maybe okay dwill trade, this year we sent okur away for nothing, signed a has been crappy "shooter", and last year we let a great guy go and signed bell instead. .5/5.
                          Okur wasn't for nothing. Who is the great guy we let go last year? Wes? That was two years ago now, same with Korver.

There was also the Brewer trade, Jefferson trade, etc. Whether or not they were good trades is beside the point. The point is that the "do nothing Jazz" has not been terribly accurate for a while. They've been fairly active with this stuff the last few years.

Comment

Okur wasn't for nothing. Who is the great guy we let go last year? Wes? That was two years ago now, same with Korver.

There was also the Brewer trade, Jefferson trade, etc. Whether or not they were good trades is beside the point. The point is that the "do nothing Jazz" has not been terribly accurate for a while. They've been fairly active with this stuff the last few years.
                            okay, okay, you are right. I am just bitter. CJ for anything is good for the team. Bell for anything is good for the team. We didnt get anything for Okur, besides an exception we havent used.

Comment

• Though I wish Bell and CJ and Howard and one of the bigs were one their way out, if the alternative to doing nothing is the team making a trade that brings in a marginal talent upgrade in an attempt to win the 8 seed this year, I'd rather stay put.

So in some ways I woke up today kind of hoping nothing would happen, imagining the alternative would be moving Burks and CJ for Jamal Crawford.

Comment

• Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
                                Though I wish Bell and CJ and Howard and one of the bigs were one their way out, if the alternative to doing nothing is the team making a trade that brings in a marginal talent upgrade in an attempt to win the 8 seed this year, I'd rather stay put.

So in some ways I woke up today kind of hoping nothing would happen, imagining the alternative would be moving Burks and CJ for Jamal Crawford.
                                Ugh. I could unfortunately see that being thrown around in meetings today.

Comment

Working...
                                X