"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
    I look forward to watching what could have been with Greg Monroe.
    14 pts 5 reb 5 assts 2 stls. I think last night was the first time that I've seen him play in the NBA. He isn't a spectacular player but any player that in year 2 can average double digit rebounds and scoring is doing something right (16/10).

I'm just glad that he is averaging TWICE AS MANY MIN PER GAME AS FAVORS.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• So I just read a comment that CJ has consistently been pretty good at home this year and awful on the road. I looked up his splits to check.

Home: 12.5 ppg .444/.339/.797
      Road: 6.1ppg .287/.255/.755

He plays more minutes at home, but not drastically so, and obviously as the natural consequence of the fact that he's clearly playing better. But how schizo are those numbers? Most guys are better at home, and that seems to be even more true with roles players. But CJ at home is at best a starter on a borderline playoff team like the Jazz and at worst a solid rotation player. On the road he doesn't even belong in the league.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Interesting rumors floating around regarding the Jazz and trades. The Jazz are anxious to deal and are waiting on willing partners, who may not agree to anything by the deadline. Everyone seems to be waiting on a big move (Dwight) and the landscape to settle before pursuing other options.

I'm also hearing good things about Bell's recent blowup at Corbin. I think it has awakened the front office to the notion that Corbin doesn't know what to do with the young guys. This means the front office has to either A) unload the Vets or B) make a coaching change. KOC is foolishly pursuing A.

Though he'd never say it publicly, I think Corbin has finally lost Millsap along with Bell, Harris, and CJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by SloanHater View Post
          Interesting rumors floating around regarding the Jazz and trades. The Jazz are anxious to deal and are waiting on willing partners, who may not agree to anything by the deadline. Everyone seems to be waiting on a big move (Dwight) and the landscape to settle before pursuing other options.

I'm also hearing good things about Bell's recent blowup at Corbin. I think it has awakened the front office to the notion that Corbin doesn't know what to do with the young guys. This means the front office has to either A) unload the Vets or B) make a coaching change. KOC is foolishly pursuing A.

Though he'd never say it publicly, I think Corbin has finally lost Millsap along with Bell, Harris, and CJ.
          I like option A a lot.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

• Hoops world rumor:

Miles and Tinsley to Minn

Howard to SA

Ellington and Danny Green to Utah

Yes please.

Comment

• I wonder if Utah feels they aren't going to get the GS pick if they will feel less inclined to really push for the playoffs.

Comment

• So is Machado our guy?

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                  So is Machado our guy?
                  At the back end of the lottery I'd have no issue with my team picking him up. I think he's the best PG in a PG weak draft.

Comment

• Sources tell HOOPSWORLD that the Jazz and New Jersey Nets have discussed a Miles swap for pieces like Anthony Morrow and Johan Petro. The Nets would like to trim off as much salary as possible for the offseason when they hope to attain the services of center Dwight Howard. Miles has an expiring deal while both Morrow and Petro have another at a combined $7.5 million.

It remains to be seen what the Jazz intend to do with their $10.9 million trade exception from the Mehmet Okur trade but they are a team with tremendous flexibility.
                    Morrow can't do anything besides shoot, but damn, he can really do that.

Comment

• The Los Angeles Clippers and Utah Jazz have discussed a Raja Bell trade, according to sources.
                      https://twitter.com/#!/AlexKennedyNB...85808981667840

I'd love it if they gave us Bledsoe for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                        Morrow can't do anything besides shoot, but damn, he can really do that.
                        Morrow >>>> Miles

And Petro's small expiring could be used in possible trades around draft and free agency.

Comment

• @NYDNInterNets
                          Jazz trying to unload Raja Bell and CJ Miles, a good friend of D-Will. Heard Nets could be doing something involving Petro + No. 1 pick
                          Again, yes please.

Comment

• Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
                            Again, yes please.
                            Good grief. Could the Jazz actual get value for these guys? O'Conner will be grinning like the Cheshire Cat if he unloads both and actually gets back more than a bag of hammers.
                            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Good grief. Could the Jazz actual get value for these guys?
                              No. 1st rounder? Pipe dream.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

Good grief. Could the Jazz actual get value for these guys? O'Conner will be grinning like the Cheshire Cat if he unloads both and actually gets back more than a bag of hammers.
                                A bag of hammers is more valuable than CJ Miles and Raja Bell, so even if that is all that he gets he still got value.
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X