"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LiveCoug
    LA Ute loves me
    • Nov 2008
    • 18488

    #18196
    27 and 25 for RuGo!

    Comment

    • Blueintheface
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 15382

      #18197
      How fortunate are the Jazz to have the tallest and longest guy in the league with a motor and an attitude? So awesome to see how he competes. 10 offensive rebounds. That's just ridiculous.
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

      "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

      Comment

      • smokymountainrain
        Impressive Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 22593

        #18198
        Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
        How fortunate are the Jazz to have the tallest and longest guy in the league with a motor and an attitude? So awesome to see how he competes. 10 offensive rebounds. That's just ridiculous.
        sometimes i look at jazz players and coaches and think they must always be pinching themselves that he is on their team. As you say, it's almost hard to believe that he happens to not only be the longest guy in the league and a pretty special run/jump athlete combined with the toughness, stellar bball IQ and competitive nature he brings to the table.
        Last edited by smokymountainrain; 01-20-2017, 10:10 PM.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

        Comment

        • cougjunkie
          *Banned*
          • Nov 2008
          • 23223

          #18199
          Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          sometimes i look at jazz players and coaches and think they must always be pinching themselves that he is on their team. As you say, it's almost hard to believe that he happens to not only be the longest guy in the league and a pretty special run/jump athlete combined with the toughness, stellar bball IQ and competitive nature he brings to the table.
          He would learn more on the bench sitting next to the assistant coaches.

          Signed,

          Tooblue


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          *Banned*

          Comment

          • tooblue
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 5134

            #18200
            Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            He would learn more on the bench sitting next to the assistant coaches.

            Signed,

            Tooblue


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            That's a lofty comparison: Haws = Gobert. Ironic too, considering Gobert's primary strength is defence and rebounding. Man, I agree with you—BYU would be so much better if Haws could, at least in some measure, emulate Gobert's game. Just think how much better they would be if he played better defence and rebounded more? They could even get out and more effectively "run," or push the ball up the floor. Because that all starts with ... wait for it ... defence and rebounding.

            Go Jazz!

            EDIT: If I'm not mistaken, it wasn't until mid-way through his second season that Gobert started to make a real impact for the team lol
            Last edited by tooblue; 01-21-2017, 08:51 AM.

            Comment

            • Blueintheface
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2009
              • 15382

              #18201
              Westbrook takes the absolute worst shots imaginable but sometimes they just go in. Fuck
              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

              "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

              Comment

              • Eddie
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 8098

                #18202
                Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                I understand. He's the great white hope ... unfortunately, it's a fools hope at this point.

                Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                ...

                EDIT: If I'm not mistaken, it wasn't until mid-way through his second season that Gobert started to make a real impact for the team lol
                So glad the Jazz didn't give up on Gobert half way into his FIRST season.

                Comment

                • tooblue
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 5134

                  #18203
                  Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                  So glad the Jazz didn't give up on Gobert half way into his FIRST season.
                  let me see if I can square the logic here. Moving a player to the bench with the intent to bring him off the bench is giving up on the player? Because, obviously the Jazz gave up on Gobert, by sitting him his first season and half. Though, you state: "So glad the Jazz didn't give up on Gobert half way into his FIRST season."

                  Suggesting that benching him was not in fact giving up on him, but allowed for him to grow as a player and maybe develop a great relationship with an assistant coach, which in turn helped him become the player he is today ... ?

                  The Stifle Tower is more than just a shotblocker now. Paul Flannery digs into how Gobert’s development had led the Jazz to a quick start and big dreams.


                  From the moment he entered the league, Gobert has had to prove to himself and everyone else just how good he can be. His blossoming is the result of hours of work, primarily alongside Jensen.

                  "They have a unique bond," Utah coach Quin Snyder said. "He’s unforgiving and Rudy likes that."

                  Or as Gobert put it, "He believed in me even when I wasn’t playing. He tells me the truth, not what I want to hear. That’s great. He helped me a lot to get better every day and he’s treated me the same way."

                  The two first became acquainted during their first seasons in Utah. Gobert was the raw rookie, drafted at the end of the first round. Jensen was the first-year assistant. Gobert rarely played apart from D-League assignments, so he spent most of his time working on his game with Jensen. As Jensen recounts, Gobert was there every day, ready to work."
                  So, are you really saying BYU needs a former Utah basketball great as assistant coach on the bench to work with the 'Sonic Pitchman?' I really am starting to identify with Buttercup

                  Comment

                  • Blueintheface
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 15382

                    #18204
                    G-Time is an All-star.

                    MG, it only took 7 yrs.
                    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                    "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                    Comment

                    • creekster
                      It is NOT a monkey!
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 22661

                      #18205
                      Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                      G-Time is an All-star.

                      MG, it only took 7 yrs.
                      suh-weet. but it is a travesty that Jordan was picked over Gobert.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                      Comment

                      • YOhio
                        Hipster Mode
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 26165

                        #18206
                        Originally posted by creekster View Post
                        suh-weet. but it is a travesty that Jordan was picked over Gobert.
                        Amen and amen.

                        Comment

                        • Blueintheface
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 15382

                          #18207
                          I look forward to Rudy's reaction to the snub, and not just tonight. This could be a fun post-All-Star run he and the Jazz go on.
                          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                          "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                          Comment

                          • CJF
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 8497

                            #18208
                            I like the bow tie Snyder is sporting tonight. Nice tribute by NBA coaches.
                            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

                            Comment

                            • Blueintheface
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 15382

                              #18209
                              Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                              I look forward to Rudy's reaction to the snub, and not just tonight. This could be a fun post-All-Star run he and the Jazz go on.
                              Bump.
                              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                              "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                              Comment

                              • Blueintheface
                                Senior Member
                                • Sep 2009
                                • 15382

                                #18210
                                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                                "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                                Comment

                                Working...