"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sizzle
    #ThisIsY
    • Nov 2008
    • 9004

    #16576
    Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
    Cavs reportedly now want to work about Exum. Cavs just might be stupid enough to pick Exum with the first pick.
    Cavs working out Exum has less to do with them considering taking him at 1, and more with them understanding what their options are should they decide to trade down IMO.

    Comment

    • The_Douger
      Athletic Supporter
      • Jun 2012
      • 5413

      #16577
      Originally posted by Applejack View Post
      This is all great news for the Jazz. If Embiid is around at #5, I would absolutely roll the dice with him. You're talking about getting a potentially top tier guy and only expending the #5 pick - that is completely worth the risk in my opinion.

      If Embiid is snatched up before 5, then we are in the same position we were earlier.

      Bring on Supersized Luc Mbah a Moute!
      I'm not sure I'd draft him if he has a navicular fracture. Big men and their bad feet seem to fester.
      Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

      Comment

      • smokymountainrain
        Impressive Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 22593

        #16578
        Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
        I say get Westbrook. They've got Jackson to take over at PG. Utah has cap space to also absorb Perkins' last year of his deal to give them cap relief. When possible, send OKC Hayward, Marvin, Burke, and next year's first for Westbrook and Perkins. Draft Vonleh at #5, use #23 on a shooter (Hairston), use #36 on a Euro stash, bring over Neto to pair with Garrett to back-up Westbrook.

        Get a star who is under contract for 3 years and who plays hard every game.
        If they are going to trade their best player (Burks, knuckleheads!), #5, #23 and next year's top 10 pick, they better damn well get a young proven player such as Love or Westbrook rather than a guy who has a better chance of being a bust than a star like Parker or even Wiggins. I like Wiggins, but damn, that is too steep - he is far from a sure thing.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

        Comment

        • MarkGrace
          Grooveshark dick tease
          • Dec 2008
          • 31546

          #16579
          Thompson, Lee and a 1st apparently offered for Love.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

          Comment

          • BGRTHNUMEGO
            Junior Member
            • May 2010
            • 3670

            #16580
            Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            If they are going to trade their best player (Burks, knuckleheads!), #5, #23 and next year's top 10 pick, they better damn well get a young proven player such as Love or Westbrook rather than a guy who has a better chance of being a bust than a star like Parker or even Wiggins. I like Wiggins, but damn, that is too steep - he is far from a sure thing.
            You know that pick next year wouldn't be unprotected. So it wouldn't actually be next year's pick since the Jazz will be in the lottery again. And by the next year, Rudy is going to be dominating the paint and Kanter will be raining 3's and the pick will be around #22 in 2016. And once Burks is given a shot to play somewhere else, we'll realize all of his success this year was due to Corbin's coaching.

            Comment

            • BGRTHNUMEGO
              Junior Member
              • May 2010
              • 3670

              #16581
              Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
              Thompson, Lee and a 1st apparently offered for Love.
              Is that more appealing than the #6, #17, Olynyk, and future pick?

              Comment

              • MarkGrace
                Grooveshark dick tease
                • Dec 2008
                • 31546

                #16582
                Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
                Is that more appealing than the #6, #17, Olynyk, and future pick?
                There was talk this morning that C's could be cooling on Love since they think they'll have a shot at Embiid.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                Comment

                • BGRTHNUMEGO
                  Junior Member
                  • May 2010
                  • 3670

                  #16583
                  What is Bledsoe worth? Phoenix is rumored to be one team that would be willing to trade for Love. Not sure if Minnesota would rather have Bledsoe or the #5 as the key piece of the trade.

                  But Bledose is going to get paid some big money. Hard to place value on cap room for a team like Utah, but I've always feared giving up a key asset like the #5 pick AND bringing on someone on a big contract. Seems like your exhausting two big assets for one player. But just hanging onto that cap room for the hope of something down the road doesn't make sense either.

                  Comment

                  • smokymountainrain
                    Impressive Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 22593

                    #16584
                    So, if Embiid falls to 5, should the Jazz take him? Applejack says yes. I think I lean toward no, but I'm very close to the middle.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

                    Comment

                    • MartyFunkhouser
                      Disciple of RNGesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 18747

                      #16585
                      Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      So, if Embiid falls to 5, should the Jazz take him? Applejack says yes. I think I lean toward no, but I'm very close to the middle.
                      I'm torn on this one. It is a huge risk, but it has the best potential payout.
                      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                      --Kendrick Lamar

                      Comment

                      • wapiti
                        Junior Member
                        • Apr 2012
                        • 2064

                        #16586
                        Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                        I'm torn on this one. It is a huge risk, but it has the best potential payout.
                        Greg Oden had a huge potential payout. But he cost Portland Kevin Durant.

                        Comment

                        • BGRTHNUMEGO
                          Junior Member
                          • May 2010
                          • 3670

                          #16587
                          More chatter that Utah is moving up to the top 2, now saying Favors and the #5 to Cleveland for the first pick.

                          I'd love it if Lindsey made a move like that, then took Wiggins instead of Parker.

                          If Favors is moved for a wing, then we might as well welcome Olynyk to Utah once Hayward can be dealt via sign-and-trade. Imagine the defensive prowess of a Kanter/Olynyk front court.

                          Comment

                          • Jacob
                            Junior Member
                            • Oct 2009
                            • 6801

                            #16588
                            Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                            Thompson, Lee and a 1st apparently offered for Love.
                            What kind of a 1st roudn pick can the W's offer? Didn't they pay us 2 for taking the contracts? I think we own their 2015, so they can't trade next year's.

                            Comment

                            • BGRTHNUMEGO
                              Junior Member
                              • May 2010
                              • 3670

                              #16589
                              If Utah gives up Favors AND the #5 to get one of the top tier guys...yeah, nice job winning the Minnesota game this year, or Trey hitting that 3 against Orlando.

                              Comment

                              • BGRTHNUMEGO
                                Junior Member
                                • May 2010
                                • 3670

                                #16590
                                Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                                What kind of a 1st roudn pick can the W's offer? Didn't they pay us 2 for taking the contracts? I think we own their 2015, so they can't trade next year's.
                                We got their pick this year, and have their 2017.

                                Comment

                                Working...