BYU Basketball 2016-2017

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • smokymountainrain
    Impressive Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 22593

    #946
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I am feeling better about this team. TJ starting to click. Beo settling down. Yoeli steadily improving. Nick starting to play defense.
    that's the key, right there. this team will go as TJ goes.

    BYU has won 3 straight, during which TJ has done this:

    16 ppg, 4 rebs, 6 assists, on 61% FGs, 52% 3pt.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

    Comment

    • Goatnapper'96
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 10924

      #947
      Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      that's the key, right there. this team will go as TJ goes.

      BYU has won 3 straight, during which TJ has done this:

      16 ppg, 4 rebs, 6 assists, on 61% FGs, 52% 3pt.
      The next two games will be interesting to see if this better play, certainly not at the %'s produced against the previous 3 opponents, can be maintained. First true road game and then a road game against a team that is probably good enough to win a 1st round tourney game.
      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
      -General George S. Patton

      I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
      -DOCTOR Wuap

      Comment

      • bluegoose
        7th round draft pick
        • Nov 2008
        • 4121

        #948
        Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
        The next two games will be interesting to see if this better play, certainly not at the %'s produced against the previous 3 opponents, can be maintained. First true road game and then a road game against a team that is probably good enough to win a 1st round tourney game.
        Lunardi has St Marys as a 5 seed this week.

        Comment

        • Joe Public
          8.1 YPC
          • Apr 2011
          • 8544

          #949
          Kind of sparse at LMU:
          image.jpg
          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

          "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

          Comment

          • Joe Public
            8.1 YPC
            • Apr 2011
            • 8544

            #950
            No. 15 for LMU has 8 points in four minutes. Glad he got his second foul.
            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

            "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

            Comment

            • Blueintheface
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2009
              • 15382

              #951
              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

              "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

              Comment

              • Joe Public
                8.1 YPC
                • Apr 2011
                • 8544

                #952
                Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                Maybe they'll get to 30 points in the half.
                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                Comment

                • BigFatMeanie
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 7123

                  #953
                  Mika 1-8 from the floor, gets hacked, no call, promptly gets called for a foul on the rebound.

                  Even the color commentor, not sure who it is, didn't like the call.

                  Comment

                  • BigFatMeanie
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 7123

                    #954
                    Mika on the bench so now Dastrup is hucking up 3s. This is ugly.

                    Comment

                    • Blueintheface
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 15382

                      #955
                      Embarrassing
                      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                      "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                      Comment

                      • Jeff Lebowski
                        Corporate lackey for Jesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 69752

                        #956
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        I am feeling better about this team.
                        Uh... Never mind.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                        Comment

                        • Goatnapper'96
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 10924

                          #957
                          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Uh... Never mind.
                          LOL. We still got half 2 to hope, right?
                          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                          -General George S. Patton

                          I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                          -DOCTOR Wuap

                          Comment

                          • Blueintheface
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 15382

                            #958
                            Selfish and completely disorganized. Nobody trusts anybody. Everyone thinks they are the All-American (I'm referring to the first half BYU Men's Basketball team and not Cougarstadium.com).
                            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                            "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                            Comment

                            • Clark Addison
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 10316

                              #959
                              As bad as they played that half, I am happy to only be down 13. Hopefully the coaches can light a fire at halftime.

                              Comment

                              • LiveCoug
                                LA Ute loves me
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 18489

                                #960
                                We were down 10 at half last year @ LMU and ended up winning by 11.

                                We got this.

                                Comment

                                Working...