New 1280 lineup...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • UtahJazzFan88
    Jazz | Utes | Raiders
    • Oct 2011
    • 1678

    #46
    Turned it over to Talkin Sports for a minute on Channel 2 and it looks like DJ & PK is continuing on 1280 on Wednesday.

    Comment

    • USUC
      Chronic Poseur
      • Apr 2010
      • 8795

      #47
      Originally posted by UtahJazzFan88 View Post
      Turned it over to Talkin Sports for a minute on Channel 2 and it looks like DJ & PK is continuing on 1280 on Wednesday.
      Have Any other lineup change announcements happened?

      Comment

      • MartyFunkhouser
        Disciple of RNGesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 18757

        #48
        Originally posted by UtahJazzFan88 View Post
        Turned it over to Talkin Sports for a minute on Channel 2 and it looks like DJ & PK is continuing on 1280 on Wednesday.
        I guess as of Wednesday, I won't be listening to 1280 on the way to work anymore.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

        Comment

        • FountainofUte
          Junior Member
          • Mar 2012
          • 54

          #49
          DJ and probably Spence Checketts are the only ones who need to stay. I'd like to see them hang onto Hans. I think DJ and Hans would do a good show.

          I desperately want them to finally give PK a radio dirt nap, but I fear they'll keep him. The dude is a cockroach who just... won't... die. Dump Jan like last week's trash. I'm not sure who thought it was a good idea to put a guy on the radio who is unable to talk -- it's beyond reason.

          Everyone else is expendable. Not to say I'll be disappointed if they stay, but that their talent is easily replaced and not really missed. On the other hand, they're not really offensive either.

          Comment

          • LiveCoug
            LA Ute loves me
            • Nov 2008
            • 18488

            #50
            Are they/have they even mentioned the upcoming change on either station? I haven't hear a lick about it and if the change is coming on Weds, that seem crazy that they wouldn't even say a word about it.

            I will say, I've only really listed for about 45 minutes a day, so I don't hear everything.

            Comment

            • Jacob
              Junior Member
              • Oct 2009
              • 6801

              #51
              Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
              Are they/have they even mentioned the upcoming change on either station? I haven't hear a lick about it and if the change is coming on Weds, that seem crazy that they wouldn't even say a word about it.

              I will say, I've only really listed for about 45 minutes a day, so I don't hear everything.
              A caller today mentioned that he'll miss Monson and his sidekick after they're gone. The hosts didn't respond. But, considering that the Jazz company purchased 1280 and already stole all the employees they wanted a couple of years ago, I'm guessing that most of the 1320 guys will be moved over and most of the 1280 guys will be gone.

              Comment

              • LiveCoug
                LA Ute loves me
                • Nov 2008
                • 18488

                #52
                Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                A caller today mentioned that he'll miss Monson and his sidekick after they're gone. The hosts didn't respond. But, considering that the Jazz company purchased 1280 and already stole all the employees they wanted a couple of years ago, I'm guessing that most of the 1320 guys will be moved over and most of the 1280 guys will be gone.
                Sure, but if this change is happening, say, Wednesday, why nothing official? Are we just going to turn our radios on on Weds morning and get DJ and PK on 1280? Just like that?

                Comment

                • kccougar
                  9262
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 7020

                  #53
                  Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                  Sure, but if this change is happening, say, Wednesday, why nothing official? Are we just going to turn our radios on on Weds morning and get DJ and PK on 1280? Just like that?
                  That's how it usually works in the radio business.
                  "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                  Comment

                  • USUC
                    Chronic Poseur
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 8795

                    #54
                    Great, so now I get to hear nothing but Jazz talk now? I really liked all the college football talk that 1280 did. They even talked a fair amount of USU football. Outside of Alema (who is now gone), no one on 1320 knows what they are talking about.

                    Comment

                    • Katy Lied
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 9435

                      #55
                      Hate PK. Hate DJ. Hate Checketts, although Checketts is such a loose cannon, it is fun to see him pop a vein and go ballistic once in a while. He has anger issues.

                      Comment

                      • Shaka
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 10450

                        #56
                        Originally posted by FountainofUte View Post
                        Dump Jan like last week's trash. I'm not sure who thought it was a good idea to put a guy on the radio who is unable to talk -- it's beyond reason.
                        Lame.

                        Jan has made a big improvement. Granted he's still not a perfect radio guy but there's a trade off between communications/or broadcast journalism majors who have never really played sports yet are now on the radio as part of their trade and former athletes who have loads of information about sports.

                        Jan's a little rough around the edges but he had excellent football takes and was decent with baseball and basketball. There isn't a person on Utah radio, including Hans, OC, and Gunther who can break down X's and O's like Jan. Furthermore he can make it palatable to the common lister who knows little about sports. aka your average CB'er.

                        So do you take the smooth talker who is really mostly spouting BS or do you take the guy who's a little rough around the edges but has excellent takes? I take the latter.

                        Personally I wish they'd keep most of the 1280 guys and add DJ to the mix.

                        Comment

                        • kccougar
                          9262
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 7020

                          #57
                          Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                          Lame.

                          Jan has made a big improvement. Granted he's still not a perfect radio guy but there's a trade off between communications/or broadcast journalism majors who have never really played sports yet are now on the radio as part of their trade and former athletes who have loads of information about sports.

                          Jan's a little rough around the edges but he had excellent football takes and was decent with baseball and basketball. There isn't a person on Utah radio, including Hans, OC, and Gunther who can break down X's and O's like Jan. Furthermore he can make it palatable to the common lister who knows little about sports. aka your average CB'er.

                          So do you take the smooth talker who is really mostly spouting BS or do you take the guy who's a little rough around the edges but has excellent takes? I take the latter.

                          Personally I wish they'd keep most of the 1280 guys and add DJ to the mix.
                          Agreed. I like that Jan and Kyle can speak intelligently about football, and when they do start a discussion, Kyle always takes a backseat to Jan because Jan is far more insightful.
                          "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                          Comment

                          • UtahJazzFan88
                            Jazz | Utes | Raiders
                            • Oct 2011
                            • 1678

                            #58
                            I'm curious how the schedule format would go. 6-10 AM, 10 AM to 1 PM, 1 to 3 PM, 3 to 6 PM? That way they could keep more people even though 4 shows seems like a lot, or a Saturday morning show.

                            Comment

                            • Coach McGuirk
                              1
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 12109

                              #59
                              Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                              Lame.

                              Jan has made a big improvement. Granted he's still not a perfect radio guy but there's a trade off between communications/or broadcast journalism majors who have never really played sports yet are now on the radio as part of their trade and former athletes who have loads of information about sports.

                              Jan's a little rough around the edges but he had excellent football takes and was decent with baseball and basketball. There isn't a person on Utah radio, including Hans, OC, and Gunther who can break down X's and O's like Jan. Furthermore he can make it palatable to the common lister who knows little about sports. aka your average CB'er.

                              So do you take the smooth talker who is really mostly spouting BS or do you take the guy who's a little rough around the edges but has excellent takes? I take the latter.

                              Personally I wish they'd keep most of the 1280 guys and add DJ to the mix.
                              Jan and Hans easily had the best BYU post game show in the history of BYU.

                              Jan was on location at my gym today and I got the feeling he isn't going to be kept.

                              Comment

                              • Shaka
                                Senior Member
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 10450

                                #60
                                Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                                Jan and Hans easily had the best BYU post game show in the history of BYU.

                                Jan was on location at my gym today and I got the feeling he isn't going to be kept.
                                Yeah, I have a bad feeling as well. Hopefully his MMA career has enough legs to make him a living.

                                Comment

                                Working...