bb recruiting

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Clark Addison
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 10305

    #1591
    Originally posted by hostile View Post
    4:30 scheduled announcement
    Utah time or North Carolina time?

    Comment

    • hostile
      lollygagger
      • Dec 2009
      • 5736

      #1592
      Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
      Utah time or North Carolina time?
      Utah
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

      "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

      Comment

      • The_Douger
        Athletic Supporter
        • Jun 2012
        • 5413

        #1593
        Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
        Because it is Duke. I can't blame him for that, he has a chance to play for Coach K. Frank thinks he is a one and done kid anyways and he has a better shot to do that at Duke.
        I haven't followed it that close. I heard a while back he was a mission kid. I thought that would keep BYU as an option for him. If he's one and done, then Duke makes plenty of sense.
        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

        Comment

        • BlueK
          Senior Member
          • May 2011
          • 7189

          #1594
          Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
          I haven't followed it that close. I heard a while back he was a mission kid. I thought that would keep BYU as an option for him. If he's one and done, then Duke makes plenty of sense.
          At one time he was saying the mission was non-negotiable. He was going no matter what. Then a few weeks later as Duke apparently moved into first place he seems to have been talked out of it. As far as being a one and done goes, I don't think that's going to happen. By comparison, Jabari was arguably the #1 recruit in the country. At lowest he was maybe #3. Frank is rated anywhere from #10 to #20 in his class right now, although his stock has been increasing. In the context of being an NBA one and done, that's still a pretty big difference. The other big difference here is size. Jabari is 6-8 or 6-9. Jackson is at least half a foot shorter than that, which makes it a little harder to get into the NBA. Frank is set up to be a great college player and good enough for Duke to really want him, but I don't think he makes the jump to the NBA after one year.

          Comment

          • Commando
            Explosivo
            • Feb 2009
            • 20748

            #1595
            Originally posted by BlueK View Post
            At one time he was saying the mission was non-negotiable. He was going no matter what. Then a few weeks later as Duke apparently moved into first place he seems to have been talked out of it. As far as being a one and done goes, I don't think that's going to happen. By comparison, Jabari was arguably the #1 recruit in the country. At lowest he was maybe #3. Frank is rated anywhere from #10 to #20 in his class right now, although his stock has been increasing. In the context of being an NBA one and done, that's still a pretty big difference. The other big difference here is size. Jabari is 6-8 or 6-9. Jackson is at least half a foot shorter than that, which makes it a little harder to get into the NBA. Frank is set up to be a great college player and good enough for Duke to really want him, but I don't think he makes the jump to the NBA after one year.
            But he can totally dunk it.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69687

              #1596
              Originally posted by BlueK View Post
              At one time he was saying the mission was non-negotiable. He was going no matter what. Then a few weeks later as Duke apparently moved into first place he seems to have been talked out of it. As far as being a one and done goes, I don't think that's going to happen. By comparison, Jabari was arguably the #1 recruit in the country. At lowest he was maybe #3. Frank is rated anywhere from #10 to #20 in his class right now, although his stock has been increasing. In the context of being an NBA one and done, that's still a pretty big difference. The other big difference here is size. Jabari is 6-8 or 6-9. Jackson is at least half a foot shorter than that, which makes it a little harder to get into the NBA. Frank is set up to be a great college player and good enough for Duke to really want him, but I don't think he makes the jump to the NBA after one year.
              Remember when his mother went on national TV and claimed that caffeine drinks were forbidden in their house?

              Sad how far they have fallen.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • Commando
                Explosivo
                • Feb 2009
                • 20748

                #1597
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Remember when his mother went on national TV and claimed that caffeine drinks were forbidden in their house?

                Sad how far they have fallen.
                lol wut
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                Comment

                • SCcoug
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 7625

                  #1598
                  Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  lol wut
                  Their segment starts at 18:50, then 25:45

                  Last edited by SCcoug; 09-01-2015, 02:48 PM.

                  Comment

                  • Commando
                    Explosivo
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 20748

                    #1599
                    What's more awkward than having an NBC camera crew present at Open Mic Sunday? :cringe: Maybe staging a southern baptist spiritual at your Utah County ward for the TV cameras. :doublecringe: Oh wait- answering 'NO' when asked point blank if she drank caffeine as though she's defending the faith.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                    Comment

                    • hostile
                      lollygagger
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 5736

                      #1600
                      And there you have it. Duke it is.
                      Lone Peak's Frank Jackson, a five star 6-4 guard, commits to Duke basketball.
                      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

                      "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

                      Comment

                      • Jeff Lebowski
                        Corporate lackey for Jesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 69687

                        #1601
                        Jackson is dead to me. Let's stop talking about him.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                        Comment

                        • cougjunkie
                          *Banned*
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 23223

                          #1602
                          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Jackson is dead to me. Let's stop talking about him.
                          Remember that time Ute fans thought they had a shot at him and said they see no difference between Utah and Duke? That was comical.

                          And yes he is officially dead to me, I hope he meets Patrick Kane, Bill Cosby and Jared Fogle in a dark alley after a night of drinking.
                          *Banned*

                          Comment

                          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                            Time to camp
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 26082

                            #1603
                            Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                            Remember that time Ute fans thought they had a shot at him and said they see no difference between Utah and Duke? That was comical.

                            And yes he is officially dead to me, I hope he meets Patrick Kane, Bill Cosby and Jared Fogle in a dark alley after a night of drinking.
                            He's to old for Fogle.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

                            Comment

                            • jay santos
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 13652

                              #1604
                              Crap. I guess the Quincy Lewis hire doesn't look that good now.

                              Comment

                              • smokymountainrain
                                Impressive Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 22593

                                #1605
                                I just hope BYU gets a shot at him at some point and TJ kicks his ass.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

                                Comment

                                Working...