bb recruiting

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Commando
    Explosivo
    • Feb 2009
    • 20748

    #1636
    I heard he's leaning BYU. Seems like we just had a schollie open up!
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

    Comment

    • BlueK
      Senior Member
      • May 2011
      • 7191

      #1637
      Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
      Childs, please!

      Isn't he the one with the funny list of school choices? Boise State/Princeton/Auburn/BYU or similar? I guess he's flexible w/r/t academics.
      Yes, Boise, Princeton, BYU, Auburn, Vanderbilt. That's a very wide range of academics. 24/7 Sports says he also has offers from Texas Tech, Utah State and Arizona State, but those didn't make his top 5.

      Comment

      • BlueK
        Senior Member
        • May 2011
        • 7191

        #1638
        Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        BYU has a good shot.
        BYU is the best basketball choice on the list for sure.

        Comment

        • Goatnapper'96
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 10924

          #1639
          Originally posted by Commando View Post
          I heard he's leaning BYU. Seems like we just had a schollie open up!
          Which scholie? As I count if Yoeli comes to BYU somebody on scholarship will have to do the dufflebag drag for next year. I think the likely individual is Braiden Shaw.
          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
          -General George S. Patton

          I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
          -DOCTOR Wuap

          Comment

          • Commando
            Explosivo
            • Feb 2009
            • 20748

            #1640
            Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
            Which scholie? As I count if Yoeli comes to BYU somebody on scholarship will have to do the dufflebag drag for next year. I think the likely individual is Braiden Shaw.
            Ha- I was loosely referring to the schollie the coaches had presumedly set aside for FJ.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

            Comment

            • BlueK
              Senior Member
              • May 2011
              • 7191

              #1641
              Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
              Which scholie? As I count if Yoeli comes to BYU somebody on scholarship will have to do the dufflebag drag for next year. I think the likely individual is Braiden Shaw.
              They have a year to figure it out. Someone will probably end up transferring.

              Comment

              • BlueK
                Senior Member
                • May 2011
                • 7191

                #1642
                Originally posted by Commando View Post
                Ha- I was loosely referring to the schollie the coaches had presumedly set aside for FJ.
                That one went to Elijah Bryant.

                Comment

                • Goatnapper'96
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 10924

                  #1643
                  Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                  They have a year to figure it out. Someone will probably end up transferring.
                  I just pick Shaw because I have heard plenty of folks familiar with HS hoops in this state express some surprise at the scholarship offer in the first place. There seem to be plenty of other bigs for next year with Kaufusi, Mika and potentially Dastrup and even Childs playing the 5 and Davis, Aytes, Childs, Dastrup and perhaps Hartsock able to play the 4. I also keep forgetting about Beo walking on, if that comes to fruition, so that could give the coaches some flexibility on the perimeter if somebody there chooses to hit the road - at this time the most likely seems to me to be Calvert but I could see either Toolsen or Chatman disgruntled by the end of this upcoming season.
                  Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                  -General George S. Patton

                  I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                  -DOCTOR Wuap

                  Comment

                  • HBCoug
                    Peanut Gallery Asshat
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 2082

                    #1644
                    Attract the best talent and sort out the scholarships later. The end of BYU's bench always has 3-4 guys who can move on to make room for better talent if it wants to play there, and Childs is someone they should make room for. Shaw and Calvert are great candidates as GN so astutely noted.

                    Comment

                    • SCcoug
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 7625

                      #1645

                      Comment

                      • frank ryan
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 12359

                        #1646
                        Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                        That is a nice commitment.

                        Comment

                        • BlueK
                          Senior Member
                          • May 2011
                          • 7191

                          #1647
                          Three 4-star guys committed. This is a strong class.

                          Comment

                          • BlueK
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2011
                            • 7191

                            #1648
                            Let's compare to what the Utes have done

                            Comment

                            • TripletDaddy
                              sweet triple
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 58186

                              #1649
                              Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                              Let's compare to what the Utes have done

                              http://espn.go.com/college-sports/ba...sition=&state=
                              ha i thought you were going to link to an article about their Sweet 16 run last season, their win over BYU, or how one of their players was a first round draft pick. my bad.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • BlueK
                                Senior Member
                                • May 2011
                                • 7191

                                #1650
                                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                ha i thought you were going to link to an article about their Sweet 16 run last season, their win over BYU, or how one of their players was a first round draft pick. my bad.
                                it's a recruiting thread. But for the record, I'll predict now that we will kick their butts even in SLC this year. It's going to be a fun season.

                                Comment

                                Working...