bb recruiting

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • New Mexican Disaster
    Suomalainen
    • Nov 2008
    • 4549

    #1546
    While I agree that normally the choice between Duke and BYU is not even a choice, I would think that the parable of Jimmer and coach Rose's playing style would make this a more difficult decision. We should be pretty stacked when he would be coming, too. I'm not getting my hopes up

    Comment

    • imanihonjin
      Junior Member
      • Jun 2013
      • 3772

      #1547
      Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
      While I agree that normally the choice between Duke and BYU is not even a choice, I would think that the parable of Jimmer and coach Rose's playing style would make this a more difficult decision. We should be pretty stacked when he would be coming, too. I'm not getting my hopes up
      It makes me laugh when Utah thinks they have a chance. Hey, Frank we know you are a runner and a gunner but come to Utah where you can get 5-10 shots a game!

      Comment

      • byu71
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 22070

        #1548
        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        I believe taunting is a technical foul.

        Comment

        • Topper
          Pre-Historic Man
          • Nov 2011
          • 11764

          #1549
          Originally posted by byu71 View Post
          I believe taunting is a technical foul.
          Don't worry, I will carry the HC torch for those who care about liberty, fairness and the American way.
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

          Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

          Comment

          • BlueK
            Senior Member
            • May 2011
            • 7196

            #1550
            Originally posted by BlueK View Post
            Vanquish the foe reports now that his twitter account says he is LDS. Our chances just went way up. He seems to be a late bloomer who had a great freshman year.
            http://byuinsider.com/basketball/elijah-bryant/
            Elijah Bryant is visiting BYU today according to the people on Butler's fan board. He has 3 years of eligibility left. Will have to sit out this upcoming season. Butler fans seem to want him pretty badly. He's an athletic, 6-4 guard who can play the 1 or 2. He averaged 14ppg as a freshman, but reportedly BYU sees him as potentially a great defender against athletic guards. Even though we'll have a lot of talent by the time he can start playing, he would offer a skill BYU really needs, on top of still being a guy who can score points.

            He's been offered by BYU, Butler, Miami, Dayton and Texas A&M. He's visited Butler and Miami so far but today is rumored to be his last visit. He'll have to decide soon because the start of school is coming up quick. After his visit to Butler he tweeted a picture of himself standing in front of the new Indianapolis LDS temple. Butler is hoping he picks them because of their recent tradition and playing in the Big East, but they seem very worried that he'll pick BYU because he's LDS.

            Comment

            • smokymountainrain
              Impressive Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 22593

              #1551
              Originally posted by BlueK View Post
              Elijah Bryant is visiting BYU today according to the people on Butler's fan board. He has 3 years of eligibility left. Will have to sit out this upcoming season. Butler fans seem to want him pretty badly. He's an athletic, 6-4 guard who can play the 1 or 2. He averaged 14ppg as a freshman, but reportedly BYU sees him as potentially a great defender against athletic guards. Even though we'll have a lot of talent by the time he can start playing, he would offer a skill BYU really needs, on top of still being a guy who can score points.

              He's been offered by BYU, Butler, Miami, Dayton and Texas A&M. He's visited Butler and Miami so far but today is rumored to be his last visit. He'll have to decide soon because the start of school is coming up quick. After his visit to Butler he tweeted a picture of himself standing in front of the new Indianapolis LDS temple. Butler is hoping he picks them because of their recent tradition and playing in the Big East, but they seem very worried that he'll pick BYU because he's LDS.
              I hope he's better than the last bball player BYU went head to head against Butler for! [emoji14]raying:
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

              Comment

              • Goatnapper'96
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 10924

                #1552
                Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                I hope he's better than the last bball player BYU went head to head against Butler for! [emoji14]raying:
                I watched the video on him. He looks pretty good and it appears he spent significant time running the offense. I would think that if BYU lands him and doesn't land Frank Jackson there is a good chance he could be the next PG after Kyle Collinsworth. I will go on the record and say that if he signs with BYU he will be much better than the last recruit BYU beat Butler for! Much. On the other hand BYU could land neither he nor Jackson and Nick Emery continues to get hurt and then Corey Calvert ends up being the point guard.

                So we got options is what I am saying!
                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                -General George S. Patton

                I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                -DOCTOR Wuap

                Comment

                • Topper
                  Pre-Historic Man
                  • Nov 2011
                  • 11764

                  #1553
                  Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                  I watched the video on him. He looks pretty good and it appears he spent significant time running the offense. I would think that if BYU lands him and doesn't land Frank Jackson there is a good chance he could be the next PG after Kyle Collinsworth. I will go on the record and say that if he signs with BYU he will be much better than the last recruit BYU beat Butler for! Much. On the other hand BYU could land neither he nor Jackson and Nick Emery continues to get hurt and then Corey Calvert ends up being the point guard.

                  So we got options is what I am saying!
                  Is that Luke Worthington? I don't follow these threads closely any more. If so, Goat way to go out on a limb.
                  "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                  Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                  Comment

                  • TripletDaddy
                    sweet triple
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 58186

                    #1554
                    Good gnus

                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • Commando
                      Explosivo
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 20748

                      #1555
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                      Comment

                      • frank ryan
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 12385

                        #1556
                        Plus Connor Harding picks BYU over Stanford! http://http://www.deseretnews.com/ar...YU.html?pg=all

                        Comment

                        • smokymountainrain
                          Impressive Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 22593

                          #1557
                          Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                          Plus Connor Harding picks BYU over Stanford! http://http://www.deseretnews.com/ar...YU.html?pg=all
                          I've always considered him a lock, but that's a significant win for the program from a recruiting standpoint. He's an excellent prospect out of the 208!
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

                          Comment

                          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                            Time to camp
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 26082

                            #1558
                            Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                            He's an excellent prospect out of the 208!
                            This is said so often in basketball recruiting it is almost meaningless.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

                            Comment

                            • Pelado
                              Bald not naked
                              • Sep 2010
                              • 21148

                              #1559
                              Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                              This is said so often in basketball recruiting it is almost meaningless.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

                              Comment

                              • smokymountainrain
                                Impressive Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 22593

                                #1560
                                Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                                This is said so often in basketball recruiting it is almost meaningless.
                                No question.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

                                Comment

                                Working...