Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point did you / will you take the coronavirus epidemic seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post

Part of the St. Luke's system?
    Primary Health Medical Group: https://www.primaryhealth.com/

Comment

• Got the vaccine about an hour ago. Still wondering when the arm pain is supposed to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
        Got the vaccine about an hour ago. Still wondering when the arm pain is supposed to happen.
        Mine didn’t really hurt until I woke up the next day. But wasn’t really any more painful/sore than I remember my last penicillin shot being. I golfed (well, even) on day 2.

3 days removed, there was zero pain, even if I pushed/massaged the injection site.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Yeah, mine hurt 2-3 hours afterwards, but only for a couple of days.

Comment

• My wife's arm was really sore the following day after the first dose. The second dose really knocked her out though. Woke up in the middle of the night with chills and she was in bed the following day. She said a lot of her co-workers had similar issues including a fever.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
              My wife's arm was really sore the following day after the first dose. The second dose really knocked her out though. Woke up in the middle of the night with chills and she was in bed the following day. She said a lot of her co-workers had similar issues including a fever.
              I had my second vaccine shot almost two weeks ago. It sucked. It took about 5 hours for the symptoms to start. Then 30 hours of chills, headache, nausea, fever, and exhaustion. My back hurt too for whatever reason. I woke up constantly. Didn't get more than 2 straight hours of sleep. Then at 30 hours it all went away in like 15 minutes. It was crazy. I got the Moderna vaccine. I hear side effects aren't as bad with Pfizer.

Comment

• man I wish we could get the vaccine. For those of you who are not docs, do you guys have some preexisting conditions or something?
                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                  man I wish we could get the vaccine. For those of you who are not docs, do you guys have some preexisting conditions or something?
                  I work in clinical research and have patient interaction. I do feel a fair amount of guilt about getting it before others though. In fact, only my family and co workers know I got it. There are admin staff who never see patients getting it within our system. Distribution priorities are a little messed up.

Comment

• I don't blame you. If someone was allowing me to get it, I would jump on it. Don't feel guilty. The distribution is never going to be perfect and these vaccines need to get into peoples arms asap. I am just frustrated at how slow CA is at rolling it out and I am jealous of those people in states that are better at it. Some states are allowing some first come first served at the end of the day in order to distribute the vaccine that was allocated to missed appointments. That is awesome. I would wait in line all day for just a chance to get it. As I was traveling back and forth across the country on planes this week for work I am keenly aware of how much I want it.
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                      man I wish we could get the vaccine. For those of you who are not docs, do you guys have some preexisting conditions or something?
                      I got mine through the military. My son got his because he's a SL County Deputy. His wife got it because she's a pharmacy tech. My daughter is getting it because she works at a veterinarian clinic--I guess that's a thing? The missus says she'll be the only one to die.

Comment

• yeah, this is BS. Seems here are a bunch of line cutters here! I applied and couldn't even get a date.
                        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• and you are old too. best of luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                            yeah, this is BS. Seems here are a bunch of line cutters here! I applied and couldn't even get a date.
                            Yeah, this applies to me. I sort of feel bad about cutting in line. But I rationalized that it would have just gone to waste. My wife is a nurse and was giving vaccinations at her hospital. They had several no-shows and they were going to throw it away. I didn't feel too bad about taking that dose. But I also had the opportunity to get it through work, since I am technically part of the public health apparatus. I still would have said yes to that one just because it seems dumb to reject the opportunity to get vaccinated.

Then I talk to my parents in Utah who are both over 65, but under 70, and haven't been able to get it yet. They both need it much worse than I did.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

Yeah, this applies to me. I sort of feel bad about cutting in line. But I rationalized that it would have just gone to waste. My wife is a nurse and was giving vaccinations at her hospital. They had several no-shows and they were going to throw it away. I didn't feel too bad about taking that dose. But I also had the opportunity to get it through work, since I am technically part of the public health apparatus. I still would have said yes to that one just because it seems dumb to reject the opportunity to get vaccinated.

Then I talk to my parents in Utah who are both over 65, but under 70, and haven't been able to get it yet. They both need it much worse than I did.
                              That is where I am at. They were doing it at an health care office in the office park I work at and had a but had a bunch of no shows and came and asked us if we wanted one before they threw them away. No brainer. Don't feel a bit guilty.
                              “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• I didn’t cut in line. I registered through the county public health department. I held off initially, as I didn’t believe the legal/courts classification applied to me, but rather felt it was for judicial officers and court staff. But one of my partners called down and spoke with someone at the health department. They assured him that there were more than enough vaccines and if you could show proof of employment in the legal field, you were part of the intended class. (Legal/courts was one of about 25 classifications that qualified for the second wave of doses). Sure enough, when I registered it asked me if I was employed at a law firm and to bring proof of employment. Apparently someone within the legislature is very concerned about the backlog of jury trials and is eager to get the courts back open as soon as possible.

Sorry your state sucks at rolling out their vaccine plan, SU. I hope you get a vaccine soon.
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X