Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point did you / will you take the coronavirus epidemic seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post

Well since they are allowed to get it they have not excuse. Unfortunately not the case here. So we hear excuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don’t think this is necessarily accurate for Nevada teachers. I don’t think they were approved to register for the vaccine until like 2 weeks ago, like late January. They had to email and get approved to make sure they were eligible employees of our school districts.

So maybe they’ve been vaccinated over the past week or so with the first dose.

Regardless it’s been insanely frustrating with little communication from the district. Kids up to grade 3 go back to school twice a week starting in March. Over a year without in person school, pretty wild.

Comment

• Originally posted by fusnik View Post

I don’t think this is necessarily accurate for Nevada teachers. I don’t think they were approved to register for the vaccine until like 2 weeks ago, like late January. They had to email and get approved to make sure they were eligible employees of our school districts.

So maybe they’ve been vaccinated over the past week or so with the first dose.

Regardless it’s been insanely frustrating with little communication from the district. Kids up to grade 3 go back to school twice a week starting in March. Over a year without in person school, pretty wild.
      Teachers and other front line workers have been able to register for a month. Since January 18th, to be exact. And they don't have to email for approval. They have to log in and make an appointment and be prepared to prove that they are an employee of CCSD at the time of the vaccination. It takes like 3 minutes to fill out the application. But they are only scheduling 3 days out, so you have to log on and grab a slot before 8am.

Here are all the categories of people who have been eligible since January 18 in Nevada:

Effective January 18, 2021.
      Click on linked titles for additional information from the Playbook.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Interesting. I spoke with the principal of our school a couple days ago and he expressed frustration with his inability to get fully vaccinated before school goes back into session. He said that scheduling a vaccine slot has been impossible and that he is scheduled for his first vaccine at the end of February. He said that they had multiple teachers in our school that were denied when they attempted to sign up and that only a handful of teachers have received their first dose.

Who knows though maybe he is making excuses and spinning to deflect criticism. My neighbor is a teacher and she echoed his sentiment when I ran into her the other day on a walk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

Teachers and other front line workers have been able to register for a month. Since January 18th, to be exact. And they don't have to email for approval. They have to log in and make an appointment and be prepared to prove that they are an employee of CCSD at the time of the vaccination. It takes like 3 minutes to fill out the application. But they are only scheduling 3 days out, so you have to log on and grab a slot before 8am.

Here are all the categories of people who have been eligible since January 18 in Nevada:

Frontline Community Support[/COLOR][/LIST]
          Nevada is vaccinating university folk.

The University where I work asked the governor's taskforce to include Universities with K-12 for early vaccinations.

The governor told the University to pound sand and get in line with everyone else
          "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
          -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

• Being in California, I am hoping to be able to get my vaccine sometime before the end of the year. But I am not holding my breath. At 46 years old...I am behind lots of people. Inmates in prison will all be vaccinated before I am eligible, per the Governor.

Comment

• Thanks to Uncle Joe we have the vaccine...

Biden Claims ‘We Didn’t Have’ a COVID Vaccine When He Took Office

President Biden claimed at one point during a CNN town hall on Tuesday that his administration came into office with no coronavirus vaccines available.

Biden received his first dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine on December 21, and the second dose in January.
              [...]
              https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/bide...131245718.html

And the Harris Administration had to start from scratch...

Kamala Harris Disputes Dr. Fauci, Insists Biden Administration Is ‘Starting from Scratch’ on Coronavirus
              [...]
              KAMALA HARRIS: Of vaccines, right? So we’re looking at this. There was no national strategy or plan for vaccinations. We were leaving it to the states and local leaders to try and figure it out. And so, in many ways, we’re starting from scratch on something that’s been raging for almost an entire year.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, speaking at the White House, January 21:

Q Okay. And if I could just ask you about the effort to distribute the vaccines, because, of course, that’s what most people want to know: when are they going to get a vaccine. Is the Biden administration starting from scratch with the vaccine distribution effort, or are you picking up where the Trump administration left off?

DR. FAUCI: No, I mean, we certainly are not starting from scratch because there is activity going on in the distribution.
              [...]
              https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...n-coronavirus/

Thanks Joe!
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Now we know the real reasons lazy ass teachers don’t want our kids back in school... they don’t want to babysit our kids while we smoke pot: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eopenings.html

How did they know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• https://www.wsj.com/articles/well-ha...ow_opn_sf_pos1

In large part because natural immunity from prior infection is far more common than can be measured by testing. Testing has been capturing only from 10% to 25% of infections, depending on when during the pandemic someone got the virus. Applying a time-weighted case capture average of 1 in 6.5 to the cumulative 28 million confirmed cases would mean about 55% of Americans have natural immunity.

Now add people getting vaccinated. As of this week, 15% of Americans have received the vaccine, and the figure is rising fast. Former Food and Drug Commissioner Scott Gottlieb estimates 250 million doses will have been delivered to some 150 million people by the end of March.

There is reason to think the country is racing toward an extremely low level of infection. As more people have been infected, most of whom have mild or no symptoms, there are fewer Americans left to be infected. At the current trajectory, I expect Covid will be mostly gone by April, allowing Americans to resume normal life.
                  Good thing my trip to Universal Studios was booked for early June
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    https://www.wsj.com/articles/well-ha...ow_opn_sf_pos1

Good thing my trip to Universal Studios was booked for early June
                    That seems a bit optimistic, but I like optimistic! I've been watching the numbers drop and crossing my fingers we're turning the corner.

Comment

• My small, population, county here in CA got a big shipment (for us) of vaccines this week. They are doing a huge clinic and will vaccinate over 5% of the population of the county in one weekend.

That is what 1000 vaccines will do for you.

My wife and daughter are helping at the clinic today and I am volunteering tomorrow afternoon after church to help.

Comment

• That's awesome.

Comment

• I looked it up, we are the 2nd largest county in California, yet have the 7th smallest population. Herd Immunity here we come!

Comment

• I volunteered all afternoon at the clinic. It was awesome. I checked people in and did the screening questions.

One guy, 80, told me this is the 2nd vaccine he got in his life. The first was small pox that his mom made him get. I was curious about why he didn't get the polio one, but didn't ask.

At the end they had 6 shots left, so I and the other volunteers at the table with me got the rest so as not to waste.

Sitting here waiting for my 15 minutes to pass so I can head home.

Comment

• Nice!

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X