Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post

Thank you for your response. I wish Amash had run for reelection.
    I've been pleasantly suprised by Amish's successor, Peter Meijer. We'll see the path he ultimately follows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
      I'm sure some of you already read this article about what was going on in the White House and among Trump's team while everything was going down. It has some interesting things in it, none of which make Trump look good.

To me, the most mind-blowing thing I learned was that when Trump released his video ("We love you. You’re very special. You’ve seen what happens. You see the way others are treated that are so bad and so evil. I know how you feel"), they actually did three takes, and this was the one they felt was MOST palatable. That's right, there were two versions of this speech that were even WORSE than the one we all saw.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...6d6_story.html
      Trump is vile.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        Trump is vile.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        For the trial it might be harder to convince Republicans that he was trying to incite violence based only on the actual words he used at the rally right before it happened. But I hope they bring in multiple witnesses from those who were with him while it was happening to show he liked it and to show how slow he was to send help to stop it. That would make it a slam dunk for any reasonable person.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post

For the trial it might be harder to convince Republicans that he was trying to incite violence based only on the actual words he used at the rally right before it happened. But I hope they bring in multiple witnesses from those who were with him while it was happening to show he liked it and to show how slow he was to send help to stop it. That would make it a slam dunk for any reasonable person.
          The entire timeline, when you put it together? Breathtaking. The months of agitating his base with completely made up claims of voter fraud. The shakeup at the DOD for seemingly no reason at all that spooked everybody paying attention. The calls on Twitter to get a whole bunch of people to D.C. for the 6th... "should be wild" WTF? The speech admonishing them to march to the capitol and 'give the Republicans courage.' The admonition to 'fight like hell or we would soon not have a country?' He basically guided them by the hand to the capitol with people behind the scenes like Rudy Giuliani calling senators to stall for time inside the capitol. The reconnaissance tours the day before by complicit members of the House? The pipe bombs found around the premises?

If I had to guess, I'd say Trump is fucked.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• My Facebook feed is straight up apocalyptic today: quotes for J. Rueban Clark, Joseph F. Smith ... it is just too much. The way people are talking will anyone survive the inauguration?

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post

The entire timeline, when you put it together? Breathtaking. The months of agitating his base with completely made up claims of voter fraud. The shakeup at the DOD for seemingly no reason at all that spooked everybody paying attention. The calls on Twitter to get a whole bunch of people to D.C. for the 6th... "should be wild" WTF? The speech admonishing them to march to the capitol and 'give the Republicans courage.' The admonition to 'fight like hell or we would soon not have a country?' He basically guided them by the hand to the capitol with people behind the scenes like Rudy Giuliani calling senators to stall for time inside the capitol. The reconnaissance tours the day before by complicit members of the House? The pipe bombs found around the premises?

If I had to guess, I'd say Trump is fucked.
              I don't dispute any of the things you posted, but I highly doubt Trump will be "fucked." The Senate will wait until he's gone, then they won't convict. A few Republicans (2 or 3?) will vote to convict, but that's it.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

I don't dispute any of the things you posted, but I highly doubt Trump will be "fucked." The Senate will wait until he's gone, then they won't convict. A few Republicans (2 or 3?) will vote to convict, but that's it.
                I bet it is more like 5 or 6.

Interestingly, there was almost zero response from the White House to the impeachment yesterday. Contrast that with the first go-round when there was a big defense team and careful coordination, talking points, etc. They say that there are few people left at the White House and those who are there don't have much desire to help him at this point. So what will be the circumstances for the senate hearing? Time will allow passions to cool, but it will allow trump to be further isolated and minimized. Will be fascinating to watch.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Maybe not. But the difference will be that the dems will control the process and neither Trump nor the Republicans will be able to block witnesses from talking. They will talk, Trump will look horrible from it, and even if not enough Republicans vote to convict, the GOP will lose the support of almost all moderate and non-crazy voters. On top of that you'll have investigations and criminal cases going on around the Capitol attack, none of which will make the GOP or Trump fanatics look good.

Comment

Maybe not. But the difference will be that the dems will control the process and neither Trump nor the Republicans will be able to block witnesses from talking. They will talk, Trump will look horrible from it, and even if not enough Republicans vote to convict, the GOP will lose the support of almost all moderate and non-crazy voters. On top of that you'll have investigations and criminal cases going on around the Capitol attack, none of which will make the GOP or Trump fanatics look good.
                    I'm honestly not sure how much this affects them anymore.

Comment

• Lots of craziness in the republican party right now, but Arizona republican party is on a whole 'nother level. Their twitter account (@AZGOP) is a train wreck.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

You say this as if you expect the Dems to not mess this up somehow. Dems are pros at fumbling away potential.
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

lol I'm hardly talking about impeachment proceedings. I mean, let's not even get into the multitude of criminal investigations he's going to be slaloming next week. His brand is now forever tarnished. Everyone's pulling the plug on all things Trump. NYC is getting rid of all the Trump Foundation's contracts with things around the city, the PGA is off of Trump courses, etc. I am in total disbelief that it took storming the capitol for an actionable distaste of Trump to set in.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Lots of craziness in the republican party right now, but Arizona republican party is on a whole 'nother level. Their twitter account (@AZGOP) is a train wreck.
                            Talk about the ol' 'Double Down.' Kelli Ward, the psycho who unsuccessfully tried to primary John McCain (lol) in 2016 became a voice for unhinged shitbags in AZ. With her at the helm of the AZGOP, they have successfully *checks notes* flipped both senate seats blue and had AZ voting for a democratic candidate for the first time since Clinton in 96. Kudos. I can see why she's in charge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

You say this as if you expect the Dems to not mess this up somehow. Dems are pros at fumbling away potential.
                              Sure, but in general maybe the dems will cut Biden some slack because Trump was so awful. I do think Biden will be significantly better than Obama was at working with Congress. Obama was very bad at that even with his own party.

Comment

• I'm hoping McConnell gets on board with convicting Trump. If that happens I think they'll get the votes they need to get a conviction. The primary motivation will be to bar him from running again in 2024. What an awkward vote that will be for Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley.

Comment

Working...
                                X