Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Looks like BD is going to have to learn to code.
    While we're decreasing our footprint in Germany, we'll be increasing our footprint in other countries like Poland. I'm told we're increasing the number of stateside troops as well. Maybe we start to actually pivot to the Pacific like planners have been talking about for years.

I applaud Trump's efforts to get other NATO countries to kick in more towards defense, even if he went about it like a socially awkward buffoon. We've been shouldering a disproportionate share for a long time.

Comment

• (bump)

Double swish on my prediction. Didn't expect that.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• No less than 75% of the House Republicans should be primaried. Are any of Utah's congressmen going to vote yes on impeachment?

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
          No less than 75% of the House Republicans should be primaried. Are any of Utah's congressmen going to vote yes on impeachment?
          Is this a serious question?

No.

Comment

• Btw, Dems made a mistake by waiting a week to do this. This warranted immediate action. If the Dems truly believed this was an immediate national security issue, then why take so many days off while their members in the House went home? And why waste time on the 25th amendment nonsense (25th amendment was not intended to be used to get rid of an incompetent president, don't open this Pandora's box for a misuse of the amendment). Now it is easier for the GOP to dismiss this as just partisan grandstanding. The Dems are less evil than the GOP but they aren't a serious party by any means.

Comment

No less than 75% of the House Republicans should be primaried. Are any of Utah's congressmen going to vote yes on impeachment?
              John Curtis is pretending to be torn on the issue but will vote no. Cowards, all of them.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Random thoughts I'm having watching this:

Is it bad to think "Fuck you!" every time I hear Jim Jordan's voice?

I wasn't aware that my racist Uncle was in the congress.

Is it wrong to want Rush Limbaugh to get on with it and die already?

We are in a death spiral or "whataboutisms".

My back hurts

Are these almonds moldy?

Comment

Btw, Dems made a mistake by waiting a week to do this. This warranted immediate action. If the Dems truly believed this was an immediate national security issue, then why take so many days off while their members in the House went home? And why waste time on the 25th amendment nonsense (25th amendment was not intended to be used to get rid of an incompetent president, don't open this Pandora's box for a misuse of the amendment). Now it is easier for the GOP to dismiss this as just partisan grandstanding. The Dems are less evil than the GOP but they aren't a serious party by any means.
                  Because they wanted the 25th to take affect. Writing articles of impeachment is hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by originalsocal View Post

Because they wanted the 25th to take affect. Writing articles of impeachment is hard.
                    Yep, and they'd still have to send it to the senate, who would take weeks and weeks in their hearing. It is a bit of grandstanding on the Dems part, but it's warranted/justitied and should be happening even with 7 days left in the Trump administration.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Btw, Dems made a mistake by waiting a week to do this. This warranted immediate action. If the Dems truly believed this was an immediate national security issue, then why take so many days off while their members in the House went home? And why waste time on the 25th amendment nonsense (25th amendment was not intended to be used to get rid of an incompetent president, don't open this Pandora's box for a misuse of the amendment). Now it is easier for the GOP to dismiss this as just partisan grandstanding. The Dems are less evil than the GOP but they aren't a serious party by any means.
                      The Republican complaint would have been that it went too fast. Some of them are saying it now with one week.

Comment

• The main reason republicans are giving for their lack of support is that it will further divide the country. Nothing would unify the country more than sending a message to Trump's supporters that they are on an island and they need to listen to the voice of truth and reason. That message would be sent with a heavily bipartisan impeachment and a quick bipartisan conviction in the senate.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post

The Republican complaint would have been that it went too fast. Some of them are saying it now with one week.
                          I understand the GOP would be saying that, but as you note they are saying it regardless. But what is the justification from the Dems for waiting? Giving the administration an opportunity to use the 25th amendment? So once again congress is abdicating its role to the executive branch? Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think they have specifically addressed why they didn't do it last week. I'm just noting that it has the appearance of a political play, when it didn't have to.

The House GOP's repeated claims of this further dividing the country is utter nonsense. So after 5 years of accusing the left of being snowflakes and not putting facts before feelings, the GOP stance is we can't do this because our base are snowflakes and puts feelings before facts? How interesting.

Comment

I understand the GOP would be saying that, but as you note they are saying it regardless. But what is the justification from the Dems for waiting? Giving the administration an opportunity to use the 25th amendment? So once again congress is abdicating its role to the executive branch? Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think they have specifically addressed why they didn't do it last week. I'm just noting that it has the appearance of a political play, when it didn't have to.

The House GOP's repeated claims of this further dividing the country is utter nonsense. So after 5 years of accusing the left of being snowflakes and not putting facts before feelings, the GOP stance is we can't do this because our base are snowflakes and puts feelings before facts? How interesting.
                            Yeah, these calls for healing and unity from the MAGA crowd are funny.

This is nothing like the first impeachment. No gray area here. Discussing this for days is pointless. I like how they are handling it.

Comment

• First president in history to be impeached twice. Can't think of a more worthy candidate.

McConnell saying he hasn't made up his mind yet. That would be huge if he joined the yes camp. The fact that he is still openly undecided doesn't bode well for Trump.

Comment

• 10 republican yes votes make this the most bipartisan impeachment vote in history. Wish there were a lot more, but those are brave votes.
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X