Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Northwestcoug
    Cocked and Loaded
    • May 2011
    • 18021

    #1741
    Originally posted by Shaka View Post

    Nah

    Most moderates think Trump has been a moron since the election but they also think this last-minute impeachment is a big fat waste of time.
    Yeah, because someone like Trump will never win an election again. Sure is a waste of time to punish impeachable behavior to make a show of what is unacceptable in this country.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

    Comment

    • Jarid in Cedar
      CS Institutional Memory
      • Jun 2009
      • 13234

      #1742
      Sure, if you think a moderate is just left of "Trump's asshole smells like roses"

      Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

      "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

      "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

      -Rick Majerus

      Comment

      • Shaka
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 10449

        #1743
        Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

        Yeah, because someone like Trump will never win an election again. Sure is a waste of time to punish impeachable behavior to make a show of what is unacceptable in this country.
        He's out next week. He's leaving in disgrace and will never be elected to another office. It's a waste of time. Most likely it will never come to a vote in the senate.

        Comment

        • beefytee
          Board eye candy
          • Mar 2009
          • 7542

          #1744
          Originally posted by Shaka View Post

          He's out next week. He's leaving in disgrace and will never be elected to another office. It's a waste of time. Most likely it will never come to a vote in the senate.
          I'm no constitutional expert, but since articles of impeachment were delivered to the Senate, aren't they expected to vote on conviction? Also I can't imagine Chuck Schumer not proceeding with a trial even if they can just be dropped.

          Comment

          • Shaka
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 10449

            #1745
            Originally posted by beefytee View Post

            I'm no constitutional expert, but since articles of impeachment were delivered to the Senate, aren't they expected to vote on conviction? Also I can't imagine Chuck Schumer not proceeding with a trial even if they can just be dropped.
            My understanding is Mitch isn’t going to proceed with a vote prior to the inauguration. I’ve read articles today that it’s unconstitutional to try to do it once Trump leaves office. I’m no lawyer but that makes sense to me. Maybe the Dems will try but if they do there will be a fight. They wouldn’t get the votes anyway. Like I stated before, it’s a waste of time.


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69689

              #1746
              Originally posted by Shaka View Post
              My understanding is Mitch isn’t going to proceed with a vote prior to the inauguration. I’ve read articles today that it’s unconstitutional to try to do it once Trump leaves office. I’m no lawyer but that makes sense to me. Maybe the Dems will try but if they do there will be a fight. They wouldn’t get the votes anyway. Like I stated before, it’s a waste of time.
              No way. Your articles (and Lindsay Graham) are wrong. Tons of articles by legal experts saying the opposite. Impeachment has dual outcomes: removal from office and disqualification from future office. The second is clearly still in play even after a term ends.

              Mitch isn't going to proceed prior to the inauguration because coming back early for this would require a unanimous vote which obviously would not happen.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • Shaka
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2008
                • 10449

                #1747
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                No way. Your articles (and Lindsay Graham) are wrong. Tons of articles by legal experts saying the opposite. Impeachment has dual outcomes: removal from office and disqualification from future office. The second is clearly still in play even after a term ends.

                Mitch isn't going to proceed prior to the inauguration because coming back early for this would require a unanimous vote which obviously would not happen.
                Even if they try with the next senate they most likely will not have the votes.

                It’s a waste of time. Trump is not going to run again.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment

                • Non Sequitur
                  Where did I put my bodkin
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 5773

                  #1748
                  Originally posted by Shaka View Post

                  My understanding is Mitch isn’t going to proceed with a vote prior to the inauguration. I’ve read articles today that it’s unconstitutional to try to do it once Trump leaves office. I’m no lawyer but that makes sense to me. Maybe the Dems will try but if they do there will be a fight. They wouldn’t get the votes anyway. Like I stated before, it’s a waste of time.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  It's not a waste of time. Though it doesn't have any practical effect in the short term, in the long term it establishes that Trump must be held accountable. The riot was one of the darkest days in American history, and Trump needs to be forever coupled with it. Trump needs to wear those stripes until the day he dies.
                  "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

                  Comment

                  • Flystripper
                    Degenerate Gambler
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 14089

                    #1749
                    Originally posted by Shaka View Post

                    Even if they try with the next senate they most likely will not have the votes.

                    It’s a waste of time. Trump is not going to run again.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    nothing to see here... move along, move along
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69689

                      #1750
                      Disagree. Not a waste of time at all.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • Bo Diddley
                        Senior
                        • Jul 2012
                        • 18789

                        #1751
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                        No way. Your articles (and Lindsay Graham) are wrong. Tons of articles by legal experts saying the opposite. Impeachment has dual outcomes: removal from office and disqualification from future office. The second is clearly still in play even after a term ends.

                        Mitch isn't going to proceed prior to the inauguration because coming back early for this would require a unanimous vote which obviously would not happen.
                        Yeah, but Trump has the SC in his pocket.

                        Comment

                        • Shaka
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 10449

                          #1752
                          Originally posted by Flystripper View Post

                          nothing to see here... move along, move along
                          No


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment

                          • chrisrenrut
                            Strikes and Gutters
                            • Jul 2009
                            • 2298

                            #1753
                            Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

                            It's not a waste of time. Though it doesn't have any practical effect in the short term, in the long term it establishes that Trump must be held accountable. The riot was one of the darkest days in American history, and Trump needs to be forever coupled with it. Trump needs to wear those stripes until the day he dies.
                            There are some immediate ramifications. Trump would lose his federal pension, Secret Service detail, $1million travel budget, and other perks of a former president.

                            Comment

                            • Flystripper
                              Degenerate Gambler
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 14089

                              #1754
                              He can keep those things as long as we control what’s in the library. I suggest a scrolling exhibit of all his tweets narrated by Zack Galifianakis. Any other suggestions?


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

                              Comment

                              • Bo Diddley
                                Senior
                                • Jul 2012
                                • 18789

                                #1755
                                Maybe set it up at the Four Seasons. They could fill it with books from somewhere nearby.

                                Comment

                                Working...