The 2016 Presidential Election Trainwreck

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Commando
    Explosivo
    • Feb 2009
    • 20748

    #4891
    Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
    Way to go Commando.

    Now you know what I'm dealing with here...
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

    Comment

    • Uncle Ted
      The Big 12 money shot.
      • Apr 2010
      • 28853

      #4892
      Originally posted by Commando View Post
      Now you know what I'm dealing with here...
      No kidding... It looks like even the ghost of Rubio is going to beat Kasich:

      Kasich might lose to Rubio's ghost in Arizona

      Marco Rubio is having a stronger showing in Arizona than John Kasich -- despite the fact that the Florida senator dropped out of the race last week.
      [...]
      http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/23/politi...y-john-kasich/
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • Uncle Ted
        The Big 12 money shot.
        • Apr 2010
        • 28853

        #4893
        Originally posted by Maximus View Post
        I dont think he will. And I think BYU gets into the Big 12 this year
        Yes, Drumpf is on track to come up just short of the 1,237.

        Also, the rumor is that UT is finally onboard with OU to add BYU to the Big 12.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • BlueK
          Senior Member
          • May 2011
          • 7191

          #4894
          Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          No kidding... It looks like even the ghost of Rubio is going to beat Kasich:


          http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/23/politi...y-john-kasich/
          Arizona has a really silly rule about early voting. They've been voting there since last July, or something insane like that. Ok, maybe not quite that long. But still long enough for George Pataki to get some votes though. Last night they were saying that around 75-80% of the votes were cast before yesterday.

          Comment

          • BlueK
            Senior Member
            • May 2011
            • 7191

            #4895
            I really hope that's true but wonder if the fact that so many upcoming states are winner take all and Kasich not leaving the race is going to lead to a solid string of wins for Trump that will give him 100% of the delegates in at least a dozen more states while only getting 40% of the vote.
            Last edited by BlueK; 03-23-2016, 07:33 AM.

            Comment

            • Uncle Ted
              The Big 12 money shot.
              • Apr 2010
              • 28853

              #4896
              Originally posted by BlueK View Post
              Arizona has a really silly rule about early voting. They've been voting there since last July, or something insane like that. Ok, maybe not quite that long. But still long enough for George Pataki to get some votes though. Last night they were saying that around 75-80% of the votes were cast before yesterday.
              Early voting since last July, winner-take-all,... Arizona must be the dumbest republican state. Of course, look at some of their GOP leaders:



              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • Moliere
                One man.....one pie
                • Oct 2009
                • 27877

                #4897
                Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                I really hope that's true but wonder if the fact that so many upcoming states are winner take all and Kasich not leaving the race is going to lead to a solid string of wins for Trump that will give him 100% of the delegates in at least a dozen states while only getting 40% of the vote.
                The idea that Kasich voters will go for Cruz is absurd. Kasich voters are moderates and Cruz is pretty much the most right wing person ever in the GOP field. I'd venture that Kasich voters would go more proportionally to Trump than Cruz or they'd just stay home. I liked Kasich the best but voted for Rubio to try and get him Texas delegates (sure, it seemed like a smart plan back then...) but there is no way in hell that I would have voted for Cruz, even in an attempt to block Trump.

                Even if Trump wins the nomination, he is not going to win the general election. Even Clinton is soundly beating him in general election polls and she's a horrible candidate.

                Kasich should stay in h till the end. He's the only one that can win some delegates in the northeast states that remain.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                Comment

                • BlueK
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2011
                  • 7191

                  #4898
                  Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  The idea that Kasich voters will go for Cruz is absurd. Kasich voters are moderates and Cruz is pretty much the most right wing person ever in the GOP field. I'd venture that Kasich voters would go more proportionally to Trump than Cruz or they'd just stay home. I liked Kasich the best but voted for Rubio to try and get him Texas delegates (sure, it seemed like a smart plan back then...) but there is no way in hell that I would have voted for Cruz, even in an attempt to block Trump.

                  Even if Trump wins the nomination, he is not going to win the general election. Even Clinton is soundly beating him in general election polls and she's a horrible candidate.

                  Kasich should stay in h till the end. He's the only one that can win some delegates in the northeast states that remain.
                  Very few Kasich or Cruz voters would go to Trump. Trump is attracting a completely different kind of voter and he doesn't exactly fit anywhere on the traditional liberal-conservative scale. But you're right that many Kasich voters wouldn't want to vote for Cruz either. Another myth about Kasich is that he's a "moderate." He's a conservative. He's probably more conservative than Reagan was. He's just not a wacko right wingnut conservative.

                  Comment

                  • Uncle Ted
                    The Big 12 money shot.
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 28853

                    #4899
                    Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    The idea that Kasich voters will go for Cruz is absurd. Kasich voters are moderates and Cruz is pretty much the most right wing person ever in the GOP field. I'd venture that Kasich voters would go more proportionally to Trump than Cruz or they'd just stay home. I liked Kasich the best but voted for Rubio to try and get him Texas delegates (sure, it seemed like a smart plan back then...) but there is no way in hell that I would have voted for Cruz, even in an attempt to block Trump.

                    Even if Trump wins the nomination, he is not going to win the general election. Even Clinton is soundly beating him in general election polls and she's a horrible candidate.

                    Kasich should stay in h till the end. He's the only one that can win some delegates in the northeast states that remain.

                    No, Hillary is more right wing... Proof? Even her logo points to the right:

                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • Uncle Ted
                      The Big 12 money shot.
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 28853

                      #4900
                      Cruz is given the kiss of death from Jeb... Drumpf is going to win the nomination:




                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • Omaha 680
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2011
                        • 11181

                        #4901
                        Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        No, Hillary is more right wing... Proof? Even her logo points to the right:

                        The logos are awful this year. The Kasich Bacon logo might be the worst and is probably what has held him back.

                        635767885535885653-kasich-logo.jpg

                        Comment

                        • Eddie
                          Senior Member
                          • Apr 2009
                          • 8098

                          #4902
                          Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                          Cruz is given the kiss of death from Jeb... Drumpf is going to win the nomination:




                          The former Florida governor also blasted Cruz's primary opponent, GOP front-runner Donald Trump: "For the sake of our party and country, we must overcome the divisiveness and vulgarity Donald Trump has brought into the political arena or we will certainly lose our chance to defeat the Democratic nominee, most likely Hillary Clinton, this fall."
                          Wait...so he's endorsing Cruz in order to overcome divisiveness? What had Cruz done to show he can bring people together? I've always viewed him as being pretty divisive himself.

                          Comment

                          • hostile
                            lollygagger
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 5736

                            #4903
                            Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                            The logos are awful this year. The Kasich Bacon logo might be the worst and is probably what has held him back.

                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]6788[/ATTACH]
                            That looks like something from a cruise line.
                            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

                            "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

                            Comment

                            • Omaha 680
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2011
                              • 11181

                              #4904
                              Originally posted by hostile View Post
                              That looks like something from a cruise line.
                              I'm not a fan of Cruz, but he probably has the best logo of the field that is left, and the TrusTED signs are clever. But he needs to decide between TrusTED and the flame logo. I also enjoyed Jeb!, even though it was a pretty transparent attempt to get people to think about something other than W when they saw his logo. I am married to a painter who worked many years as a graphic artist so this is a big portion of the political commentary I hear at home.

                              Comment

                              • Jeff Lebowski
                                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 69688

                                #4905
                                Bernie picked up 85% of the vote in Utah county. Wow.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                                Comment

                                Working...