The 2016 Presidential Election Trainwreck

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Northwestcoug
    Cocked and Loaded
    • May 2011
    • 18039

    #4906
    Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    Very few Kasich or Cruz voters would go to Trump. Trump is attracting a completely different kind of voter and he doesn't exactly fit anywhere on the traditional liberal-conservative scale. But you're right that many Kasich voters wouldn't want to vote for Cruz either. Another myth about Kasich is that he's a "moderate." He's a conservative. He's probably more conservative than Reagan was. He's just not a wacko right wingnut conservative.
    Um, no:

    In a head-to-head matchup between Trump and Cruz — with Kasich voters re-allocated to their second choices — the Manhattan real-estate mogul earned 46 percent support, compared with 37 percent for Cruz and 12 percent undecided...With Cruz supporters shifting to their second choices, Trump would have a large lead. Fifty-six percent said they would vote for Trump, with just 25 percent opting for Kasich and 13 percent undecided.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...-kasich-221111

    Republican voters are realizing their party's fate. Even if Trump doesn't win the nomination outright, it will take a huge movement to deny him a win in a contested convention. The diehards are and will value party loyalty. The never Trump movement will not convince enough delegates to fracture the party.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

    Comment

    • jay santos
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 13652

      #4907
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Bernie picked up 85% of the vote in Utah county. Wow.
      I was fascinated seeing the split between Bernie and Hillary in Utah, about 80-20. What's so different about Democrats in Utah compared to rest of the country? First inclination is to wonder if there's some sexism there? Or the moral repugnancy of Bill Clinton lingers?

      Comment

      • Omaha 680
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2011
        • 11183

        #4908
        Originally posted by jay santos View Post
        I was fascinated seeing the split between Bernie and Hillary in Utah, about 80-20. What's so different about Democrats in Utah compared to rest of the country? First inclination is to wonder if there's some sexism there? Or the moral repugnancy of Bill Clinton lingers?
        Utah county has two large universities and young people are dumb?

        Comment

        • jay santos
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 13652

          #4909
          Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
          Utah county has two large universities and young people are dumb?
          Lebowski's comment was for Utah county, mine was for all of Utah.

          Comment

          • BlueK
            Senior Member
            • May 2011
            • 7196

            #4910
            Way to go Utah, allowing votes to come in until 12 freaking 30 am ET so no one in the country knows Trump just got trounced there.

            Comment

            • Omaha 680
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2011
              • 11183

              #4911
              Originally posted by jay santos View Post
              Lebowski's comment was for Utah county, mine was for all of Utah.


              Edit: This illustrates BlueK's point. I went to bed and had no idea how the Utah vote turned out.

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69744

                #4912
                Damon Linker hacking McKay Coppins.

                Here are six reasons why so many members of the LDS Church are so immune to the Donald's demotic charms


                The GOP needs more Mormons
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • smokymountainrain
                  Impressive Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 22593

                  #4913
                  Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                  Utah county has two large universities and young people are dumb?
                  young people are dumb because they don't want to vote for Hillary?
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

                  Comment

                  • Uncle Ted
                    The Big 12 money shot.
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 28853

                    #4914
                    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Hooray for Utah! Proud of my state.
                    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Bernie picked up 85% of the vote in Utah county. Wow.
                    I knew y'all would "feel the bern" rather than vote for that old hag.
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • Omaha 680
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2011
                      • 11183

                      #4915
                      Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      young people are dumb because they don't want to vote for Hillary?
                      Young people are dumb because they believe any of Bernie's ideas are workable in a world where math exists. Old people are dumb because they believe Hillary at all. Better?

                      Comment

                      • Joe Public
                        8.1 YPC
                        • Apr 2011
                        • 8534

                        #4916
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Bernie picked up 85% of the vote in Utah county. Wow.
                        Hillary got the other three votes, I take it?
                        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                        "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69744

                          #4917
                          Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                          Hillary got the other three votes, I take it?


                          they had had so many people show up that they ran out of ballots.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • Joe Public
                            8.1 YPC
                            • Apr 2011
                            • 8534

                            #4918
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post


                            they had had so many people show up that they ran out of ballots.
                            I saw footage of an SLC ballot outage on CNN. They also mentioned that they wouldn't be able to verify the supplemental ballots went to registered voters until later. I'm not sure how that works or why that was the case (verifying after instead of during the process).
                            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                            "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                            Comment

                            • Uncle Ted
                              The Big 12 money shot.
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 28853

                              #4919
                              Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                              I saw footage of an SLC ballot outage on CNN. They also mentioned that they wouldn't be able to verify the supplemental ballots went to registered voters until later. I'm not sure how that works or why that was the case (verifying after instead of during the process).
                              Yeah, it seems that had a lot of people show up that weren't registered as Dems or didn't show up on the rolls. Therefore, they gave them a conditional ballot.
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • New Mexican Disaster
                                Suomalainen
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 4549

                                #4920
                                I don't know any Utah County dems who were not Bernie fans.

                                Comment

                                Working...