The Police Brutality Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69746

    #1351
    Heh.

    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • wuapinmon
      Soul Plumber
      • Dec 2008
      • 30711

      #1352
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Heh.

      I'm stealing that one.
      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

      Comment

      • taekwondave
        Junior Member
        • Feb 2011
        • 1160

        #1353
        And here come the Seahawks: http://www.sportsbreak.com/nfl/seatt...ntent=boosting

        Comment

        • smokymountainrain
          Impressive Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 22593

          #1354
          hate the seahawks. sjbh
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

          Comment

          • Northwestcoug
            Cocked and Loaded
            • May 2011
            • 18039

            #1355
            Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            hate the seahawks. sjbh
            If this goes through, the idiocy apparently begins at the top:

            The sit-down between Chiarelli and Carroll started off normally enough. They talked about the team, and then about head trauma. Chiarelli, who commanded the American forces in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom II, talked about the brain injuries he had seen there. But Chiarelli's mention of Iraq sent Carroll in another direction: He wanted to know if the September 11 attacks had been planned or faked by the United States government.

            In particular, Carroll wanted to know whether the attack on the Pentagon had really happened. Chiarelli—who was the top-ranking Army official inside the Pentagon when American Airlines Flight 77 crashed into its western side—explained that it had. He said he had lost many colleagues. But Carroll didn't stop there. He ran through the whole 9/11 truther litany.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

            Comment

            • creekster
              It is NOT a monkey!
              • Nov 2008
              • 22661

              #1356
              Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              If this goes through, the idiocy apparently begins at the top:



              http://deadspin.com/is-pete-carroll-...ther-513149713
              That stuff drives me nuts. The government has done plenty of crappy stuff over the years but this whole 9/11 truther stuff is so ridiculous and absurd that it beggars belief. It's a good thing Carroll coaches football because his brain apparently isn't up to much use otherwise.
              Last edited by creekster; 09-08-2016, 03:25 PM.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

              Comment

              • Omaha 680
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2011
                • 11183

                #1357
                Omg Carroll is a 9/11 truther? What a moron.

                Comment

                • taekwondave
                  Junior Member
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 1160

                  #1358
                  Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                  hate the seahawks. sjbh
                  I do too. But I'll take it.

                  Comment

                  • Clark Addison
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 10316

                    #1359
                    These are obviously some tough issues, but I am grateful that my friends can discuss it in calm, rational, and respectful ways.



                    Bonus that the two harshest comments are from our EQ President and recent RM son of Stake Pres.

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69746

                      #1360
                      Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                      These are obviously some tough issues, but I am grateful that my friends can discuss it in calm, rational, and respectful ways.



                      Bonus that the two harshest comments are from our EQ President and recent RM son of Stake Pres.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • Bo Diddley
                        Senior
                        • Jul 2012
                        • 18812

                        #1361
                        As one required to stand while the National Anthem is played, I find great meaning in the practice. At the same time, my stomach is turned at the prospect that anyone should be coerced to do the same. Am I saddened when people disrespect the flag? Sure. But not to such a degree that I am harmed by it in any way.

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69746

                          #1362
                          Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                          As one required to stand while the National Anthem is played, I find great meaning in the practice. At the same time, my stomach is turned at the prospect that anyone should be coerced to do the same. Am I saddened when people disrespect the flag? Sure. But not to such a degree that I am harmed by it in any way.
                          Somebody is being coerced?
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • falafel
                            loves to talk on things
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 38003

                            #1363
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Somebody is being coerced?
                            Clark's friends seem to want to coerce people to stand.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                            Dig your own grave, and save!

                            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • Jeff Lebowski
                              Corporate lackey for Jesus
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 69746

                              #1364
                              Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              Clark's friends seem to want to coerce people to stand.
                              Via praying for bad things to happen to them?
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                              Comment

                              • Clark Addison
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 10316

                                #1365
                                Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                Clark's friends seem to want to coerce people to stand.
                                They are really more like acquaintances.

                                Comment

                                Working...