The Police Brutality Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bo Diddley
    Senior
    • Jul 2012
    • 18790

    #1366
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Somebody is being coerced?
    In some ways, yes. But I wasn't speaking about anything specific. It was more of a distaste for the attitude of those who would like to coerce others.

    Comment

    • falafel
      loves to talk on things
      • Mar 2009
      • 37983

      #1367
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Via praying for bad things to happen to them?
      Well, yeah. They seem to be on board with sending enough bad karma in that direction to cause the athletes to reconsider their actions. What's the real difference between that and saying "that guy should be punched in the face until he decides to stand."
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

      Dig your own grave, and save!

      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69696

        #1368
        Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Well, yeah. They seem to be on board with sending enough bad karma in that direction to cause the athletes to reconsider their actions. What's the real difference between that and saying "that guy should be punched in the face until he decides to stand."
        Both are stupid meaningless comments and nobody is being forced to stand.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • falafel
          loves to talk on things
          • Mar 2009
          • 37983

          #1369
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Both are stupid meaningless comments and nobody is being forced to stand.
          Of course they aren't. This debate is taking place on facebook and a sports message board. None of us even have the capacity to force these people to stand. That doesn't mean that the discussion of whether people think others should be forced to stand is invalid or meaningless.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

          Dig your own grave, and save!

          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • Clark Addison
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 10306

            #1370
            Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
            These are obviously some tough issues, but I am grateful that my friends can discuss it in calm, rational, and respectful ways.



            Bonus that the two harshest comments are from our EQ President and recent RM son of Stake Pres.
            Found out tonight that the person who posted this is a Utah fan, so that made me feel better.

            Comment

            • Commando
              Explosivo
              • Feb 2009
              • 20748

              #1371
              Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
              These are obviously some tough issues, but I am grateful that my friends can discuss it in calm, rational, and respectful ways.



              Bonus that the two harshest comments are from our EQ President and recent RM son of Stake Pres.
              LOL. I first thought the "disgusting," was somebody scolding him for his scumbag post. Nope! So these cool dudes want everyone to worship the flag or we go Trump rally on em? Good stuff. I also loved that hashtag. Really helpful in searching other similar posts.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

              Comment

              • Clark Addison
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 10306

                #1372
                Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                Found out tonight that the person who posted this is a Utah fan, so that made me feel better.
                And today he changed his FB profile pic to a Dallas Cowboys theme! Better and better.

                Comment

                • myboynoah
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 21719

                  #1373
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                  For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                  Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                  Comment

                  • Commando
                    Explosivo
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 20748

                    #1374
                    Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                    Man do white people ever get defensive when you say their society is racist!
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                    Comment

                    • Omaha 680
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2011
                      • 11181

                      #1375
                      I certainly think anyone has the right to respectfully protest during the national anthem. So without commenting on the controversy or the underlying police brutality issues, I was curious if any current elite performers are participating in these protests. From what I've gathered from headlines and such, the highest profile protesters are Colin Kaepernick and Megan Rapinoe, both of whom are riding the bench and perhaps on the way out of their playing careers. To be fair, Rapinoe isn't benched for her club team but is for the USWNT and probably won't be a key member going forward, if she makes the next world cup at all. Are there any current stars that are participating?

                      Comment

                      • Commando
                        Explosivo
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 20748

                        #1376
                        Whoops-a-daisy!

                        Last edited by Commando; 09-19-2016, 12:52 PM.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                        Comment

                        • BlueK
                          Senior Member
                          • May 2011
                          • 7192

                          #1377
                          Neither presidential candidate is a good choice, but this corrupt police state culture is going to even get a lot worse if Trump wins.

                          Comment

                          • Dwight Schr-ute
                            Members Only
                            • May 2011
                            • 4917

                            #1378
                            The Tusla shooting video released.

                            Police in Tulsa, Oklahoma, released video and audio clips Monday from the fatal shooting of Terence Crutcher, a stranded and unarmed black motorist. The clips, captured from multiple angles on Friday, show the 40-year-old Crutcher with his hands up…



                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

                            Comment

                            • Clark Addison
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 10306

                              #1379
                              Everyone currently being sent home early due to potential civil unrest right outside our building. Interesting times!

                              Comment

                              • Parrot Head
                                Operation Hot Mother
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 2322

                                #1380
                                Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                                Everyone currently being sent home early due to potential civil unrest right outside our building. Interesting times!
                                Some in our building started hearing it before 3 PM -- I didn't hear anything from my area until after 4 PM. "Ha! Another means of attrition!"
                                I have nothing else to say at this time.

                                Comment

                                Working...