https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/from...each-president

Joe Biden (2021-Present)
    • GDP growth: 2.6%
    • Unemployment rate: 3.5%
    • Inflation rate: 5.0%
    • Poverty rate: 12.80%
    • Real disposable income per capita: $46,682
    • Disposable income per capita (adjusted for inflation): $46,557
    As of this writing, Biden has been in office for a little over two years, so it’s still difficult to compare him to other presidents who completed a term or two. Nevertheless, the unemployment rate for Biden is the second lowest on this list, and GDP growth is the second highest. He is in the middle of the pack for poverty and inflation.

Biden is really that bad a president? Hmmm
    Bidens problems don’t lie with the economy. In fact, the economy might be the only thing that saves us from another Trump term.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Bidens problems don’t lie with the economy. In fact, the economy might be the only thing that saves us from another Trump term.
      How much impact does the president really have on the economy anyway?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

How much impact does the president really have on the economy anyway?
        Depends on what point you want to make
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
          Gracious. You guys need to pace yourselves. You've got another 7 months of continually convincing yourselves of the greatness of Biden because apparently it's really hard to hold negative views of two candidates at the same time. Don't blow your wad in March.

Trump is worse than Biden. Biden sucks as a politician and president. There. It's easy. And frankly it'll save you a lot of anguish and bewilderment as normies in the middle really struggle to figure out who to vote for.
          Yes. Holding these two simple concepts in your mind simultaneously is apparently incredibly difficult for some folks here. It is a remarkable thing to watch.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Trump is worse than Biden. Biden sucks as a politician and president. There. It's easy. And frankly it'll save you a lot of anguish and bewilderment as normies in the middle really struggle to figure out who to vote for.
            If you are a normie in the middle and you are struggling between voting for the old guy who tried to overthrow the government and the other old guy who you may not like some of his policies, you aren’t a normie and you aren’t in the middle.

We get it you are going to vote for him, or pretend you won’t and come and cry about how hard things are for your friends and family and how you tots understand why THEY would vote for him. You are so transparent.

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Yes. Holding these two simple concepts in your mind simultaneously is apparently incredibly difficult for some folks here. It is a remarkable thing to watch.
            It’s remarkable watching highly intelligent folks barfing up OAN talking points as if they were true.

We just spent 7 pages of folks accusing Biden was on coke, Bidens SOTU was Trump like, Biden is in charge of an international network moving 100s millions of dollars, and Biden is senile. LOL.

Comment

• Ha. Shot birds flutter.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Gracious. You guys need to pace yourselves. You've got another 7 months of continually convincing yourselves of the greatness of Biden because apparently it's really hard to hold negative views of two candidates at the same time. Don't blow your wad in March.

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

I honestly don't know how to offer counter views if these are going to be the responses. It is obvious that we can hold negative views of the two candidates simultaneously.

I simply don't agree that Biden is as crooked as the Clintons or many other politicians. I simply don't agree Biden's policy initiatives are targeted primarily to benefit his friends and cronies in the business sector or special interest groups. And I don't agree that he "isn't good." The numbers don't bear that out. We will benefit greatly from his work with Congress to pass legislation that will build a world-class semiconductor and EV battery infrastructure in the United States and friendly trading partners.

This doesn't mean I don't think Biden has problems. He shows his age. Many of those he needs to win in November are not happy with him over Gaza. There is an effective rightwing media strategy to paint him in the most negative of lights. Apparently, Hunter Biden matters to some people, yet those same people don't care that Trump's children sucked 100 fold more from their connections with, or even jobs in the White House (Ivanka was signing business deals while on an official visit with Trump to China).

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                  It is obvious that we can hold negative views of the two candidates simultaneously.
                  Shot.

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                  Apparently, Hunter Biden matters to some people, yet those same people don't care that Trump's children sucked 100 fold more from their connections with, or even jobs in the White House (Ivanka was signing business deals while on an official visit with Trump to China).
                  Chaser.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Nice. Or maybe, you and USUC haven’t made a convincing case of what you believe is obvious.
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

Ha. Shot birds flutter.
                      Lol says the guy ignoring any rebuttals and numbers and posting foxnews memes. Keep ignoring though

If biden sucks so much you'd be able to actually address what people say

Comment

Shot.

Chaser.
                        lol, exactly.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

lol, exactly.
                          It is possible to be disgusted by Hunter Biden and to be even more disgusted by the Trump family. It's actually quite easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by fusnik View Post

Yes partisanship.

Obama had the same approval rating the same month amongst Democrats during his reelection campaign in 2012.

March 2012 Obama:

42 independents
                            82 Democrats
                            10 republicans
                            This is gaslighting.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/609188/...ond-worst.aspx

During President Joe Biden’s third full year in office, spanning Jan. 20, 2023, to Jan. 19, 2024, an average of 39.8% of Americans approved of his job performance. Among prior presidents in the Gallup polling era who were elected to their first term, only Jimmy Carter fared worse in his third year. Carter averaged 37.4%
                            Obama was at 44.5%.

From December:

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-ins...oll_us_121823/

President Joe Biden’s job rating has hit an all-time low in the Monmouth (“Mon-muth”) University Poll, including particularly poor marks for his handling of immigration and inflation. Only 3 in 10 Americans say the incumbent is giving enough attention to the issues most important to them, which is worse than for his predecessor. The poll also finds congressional leadership ratings have dropped, with the new House speaker debuting in negative territory.

Public opinion of Biden’s overall job performance currently stands at 34% approve and 61% disapprove – his lowest rating in Monmouth’s polling since he took office.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/from...each-president

Joe Biden (2021-Present)
                              • GDP growth: 2.6%
                              • Unemployment rate: 3.5%
                              • Inflation rate: 5.0%
                              • Poverty rate: 12.80%
                              • Real disposable income per capita: $46,682
                              • Disposable income per capita (adjusted for inflation): $46,557
                              As of this writing, Biden has been in office for a little over two years, so it’s still difficult to compare him to other presidents who completed a term or two. Nevertheless, the unemployment rate for Biden is the second lowest on this list, and GDP growth is the second highest. He is in the middle of the pack for poverty and inflation.

Biden is really that bad a president? Hmmm
                              Crickets. Interesting.

Truth is Biden is mediocre, not the terrible foxnews version some believe

Comment

It is possible to be disgusted by Hunter Biden and to be even more disgusted by the Trump family. It's actually quite easy.
                                Yes it is!

Comment

Working...
                                X