2024 Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Ha, fusnik won’t look at the evidence because facts don’t matter when he has his brain to tell us what is true.
    Evidence of what?

When it comes to approval ratings it’s simple hyper partisanship for the near future will dominate approval ratings. Obama at 48% won’t happen again for a Democrat. I think the best a democrst
    could do in the current climate is 45. I think the best a GOP prez could do is probably slightly above 50.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

Let us not forget Billy Beer!
      I was just thinking about Billy Carter.

Comment

• Originally posted by fusnik View Post

Evidence of what?

When it comes to approval ratings it’s simple hyper partisanship for the near future will dominate approval ratings. Obama at 48% won’t happen again for a Democrat. I think the best a democrst
        could do in the current climate is 45. I think the best a GOP prez could do is probably slightly above 50.
        Also for context:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/much-...160108436.html

"Biden’s actual net worth is about $10 million, according to Forbes"

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/much-...143301051.html

"CelebrityNetWorth.com reports Hunter Biden’s net worth at $1 million, although he earned as much as $6 million between 2014 and 2016."

Comment

• goerge w is worth 40 million. scandal!

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post

"CelebrityNetWorth.com reports Hunter Biden’s net worth at $1 million, although he earned as much as $6 million between 2014 and 2016."
            $6M from influence peddling and he only has $1M to show for it? Dang, that's a lot of hookers and blow.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by fusnik View Post

Evidence of what?

Partisanship?

Only 30% approval rating among independents.

Only 82% approval rating by democrats (compared to 98% when he took office).

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

$6M from influence peddling and he only has $1M to show for it? Dang, that's a lot of hookers and blow.
                Your transformation into nuttiness is complete.

What do you expect someone to have after making 6mm over a 3 year time period 8 years ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Partisanship?

Only 30% approval rating among independents.

Only 82% approval rating by democrats (compared to 98% when he took office).
                  Yes partisanship.

Obama had the same approval rating the same month amongst Democrats during his reelection campaign in 2012.

March 2012 Obama:

42 independents
                  82 Democrats
                  10 republicans

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post

Also for context:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/much-...160108436.html

"Biden’s actual net worth is about $10 million, according to Forbes"

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/much-...143301051.html

Wow if I worked another 15 years I might approach that net worth. He is a piss poor influence peddler if he’s only got 10 million to show for decades in the public sector. Add another thing to sink his approval ratings even further!
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                      That's it? Some rightwing anti-DEI opinion piece?

Up until a year ago I worked in Seoul with Korean firms seeking to take advantage of Chips Act incentives. There was and still is no lack of interest. The only DEI-related concern I ever heard was some provision requiring childcare for projects above a certain dollar-value. Frankly, the biggest concern was/is about providing business confidential information to NIST in the application process.

The Chips Act will establish secure semiconductor supply chains for U.S. industry by encouraging investment into the U.S. by the world's most advanced chip makers. Essentially, it will further expand and strengthen our domestic advanced chip industry. At the same time, it will limit China's ability to dominate those supply chains and keep Chinese industry decades behind on the technology front. COVID exposed weaknesses in the chip supply chain and the Biden team jumped quickly to find solutions, with very little if any help from partisan repubs.

Maybe Biden doesn't get enough credit for things like this because it will obviously take years for us to realize the full benefits of the Act. Much of the new investment is going into "red" states, where the very repub senators/representatives that voted against the Act show up at new plant ground breakings to try to take credit for the new investment.

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

Wow if I worked another 15 years I might approach that net worth. He is a piss poor influence peddler if he’s only got 10 million to show for decades in the public sector. Add another thing to sink his approval ratings even further!
                        That's what I'm thinking. Kurshner walked away with $2 billion for only four years in the White House, and he's a big lump on a log AND was denied a security clearance multiple times.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                          I wont defend career politicians by any means, but Biden is especially egregious. What career politician is comparable as far as amassing wealth not only for themselves and their family? Maybe Pelosi? Has Mitch McConnell or Chuck Schumer?
                          Ummmm, the Trump Crime Family laps whoever else is out there a million times in this area.

Comment

• Gracious. You guys need to pace yourselves. You've got another 7 months of continually convincing yourselves of the greatness of Biden because apparently it's really hard to hold negative views of two candidates at the same time. Don't blow your wad in March.

Trump is worse than Biden. Biden sucks as a politician and president. There. It's easy. And frankly it'll save you a lot of anguish and bewilderment as normies in the middle really struggle to figure out who to vote for.

Comment

• Biden can be the most unpopular president in the history of the country and still be light years better choice than Trump. It’s a fact that people don’t like a Biden. It’s myriad of reasons why he’s unpopular.
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                                Biden can be the most unpopular president in the history of the country and still be light years better choice than Trump. It’s a fact that people don’t like a Biden. It’s myriad of reasons why he’s unpopular.
                                https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/from...each-president

Joe Biden (2021-Present)
                                • GDP growth: 2.6%
                                • Unemployment rate: 3.5%
                                • Inflation rate: 5.0%
                                • Poverty rate: 12.80%
                                • Real disposable income per capita: $46,682
                                • Disposable income per capita (adjusted for inflation): $46,557
                                As of this writing, Biden has been in office for a little over two years, so it’s still difficult to compare him to other presidents who completed a term or two. Nevertheless, the unemployment rate for Biden is the second lowest on this list, and GDP growth is the second highest. He is in the middle of the pack for poverty and inflation.

Biden is really that bad a president? Hmmm

Comment

Working...
                                X