2024 Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
    Tangentially related, but there are rumors that McConnell is likely retiring after the injuries he sustained. This would change the dynamics of the whole party. I know many of you despise McConnell, but he has been a bulwark against an overly trumpy GOP senate.* I worry who would get the votes in a new leadership role.

* you can stop wit the "he did everything Trump says so he wasn't a bulwark at all but an active participant in trumpism." He wasn't what I had hoped during the Trump admin but without him things would have been much worse.
    McConnell didn't do much to mitigate Trump. His wife was in Trump's cabinet. McConnell shoved through a bunch of shitty judges and other questionable Trumpists.

He went from criticizing Trump after Jan 6 to swallowing his own tongue when he could have made a difference. I can tell the guy doesn't like Trump at all, but what exactly are we to give him credit for?

He is better than Cruz or Lindsey Graham but that doesn't mean much.

Can you point to some meaningful examples of McConnell stopping Trump's ridiculousness? I'm open to changing my mind.

Comment

• Florida man and legislature continue their quest to make it easier to kill people. Just need 3/4th of a jury for capital punishment

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/flo...ly-2023-04-14/
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
        Florida man and legislature continue their quest to make it easier to kill people. Just need 3/4th of a jury for capital punishment

That's atrocious.

Comment

Florida man and legislature continue their quest to make it easier to kill people. Just need 3/4th of a jury for capital punishment

Isn't 8-4 equal to 2/3rds of the jury?
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Math is hard.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Originally posted by Pelado View Post

Math is hard.
              Math is why I don’t do my own taxes.

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• The accountants making math jokes at the expense of NWC. Declassé.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                  The accountants making math jokes at the expense of NWC. Declassé.

NWC knows I respect him in spite of his numerical illiteracy.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Nice amusement park there. Would be a shame if I built a state prison right next to it:

- SeattleUte

Comment

Nice amusement park there. Would be a shame if I built a state prison right next to it:

lol that would do wonders for his reelection prospects. Shit-ass Nazi...

Watching this clip, it is clear that he knows he's over his head. Nobody feels bad for him, though.
                      Last edited by Commando; 04-17-2023, 11:32 AM.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post

lol that would do wonders for his reelection prospects. Shit-ass Nazi...

Watching this clip, it is clear that he knows he's over his head. Nobody feels bad for him, though.
                        Yep. Seems like he's flailing to make his quixotic fight with Disney approaching anything resembling a win. He hadn't threatened them with an adjacent state prison until now, so I wonder what his next move is.
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Meanwhile...

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• This would make a great ad for Joe…

41A01B24-2BF1-4151-9A9B-262422FA20B6.jpeg
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Meanwhile...
                              Yeah, the Dems need to stop screwing around and get Drumpf thrown in jail so he is completely out of the way for DeSantis.
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Meanwhile...

DeSantis is going to get absolutely destroyed (see pudding ad) by Trump over the next 3 months.

He should’ve leaned into the alpha stance in that relationship and said he was going to pardon Trump when elected. Now he’s bent over backwards to protect Trump and won’t be able to take over the Trump base.

And DeSantis hasn’t even seen the bright lights of the nation, he’s toast.

Comment

Working...
                                X