2024 Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Copelius
    replied
    Originally posted by Pelado View Post

    Same.
    Sign me up too. Let's form a new party with this as the platform and all other planks emanating therefrom.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pelado
    replied
    Originally posted by USUC View Post
    I'm not a Democrat, but I would certainly be willing to vote for them more if they implemented these recommendations.


    Same.

    Leave a comment:


  • USUC
    replied
    I'm not a Democrat, but I would certainly be willing to vote for them more if they implemented these recommendations.



    Leave a comment:


  • Uncle Ted
    replied
    Cool... A solution for the immigration problem created by the Harris-Biden administration. The immigrates now have the option of staying in the sanctuary state of Massachusetts* while they wait for their day in immigration court:



    Make lots of room in your schools for their kids and prepare to increase your state welfare budgets (since Trump and congress, for sure, will be cutting federal budget for this). Thanks Gov! Roll the buses.


    *WIth the exception of Martha's Vineyard, I am sure.

    Leave a comment:


  • beefytee
    replied
    I also think there is a nostalgia effect, where people have forgotten how chaotic Trumps first term was, but have it top of mind how bad the Biden term is going.

    I am mostly in the camp of "campaigning and strategy" have little effect on the results and current economic headwinds and issues decide who wins.

    Leave a comment:


  • LVAllen
    replied
    I accept this point as valid because it confirms my worldview, doesn't ask me to change, and provides hope for the future:
    Screenshot_20241107_080324_Bluesky.jpg

    Leave a comment:


  • BlueK
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

    Price controls on food is a very bad idea (ie, Harris' solution). It will just drive the suppliers out of the market and decrease supply (especially with something that only has like 2% margins now). At least tariffs will encourage more american suppliers. The threat of a trade war may be enough for foreign countries to drop the tariffs on american goods which are in place now.

    Trump also said he was going to lower energy costs through deregulation... If that works then the costs of getting the goods to market should lower the costs on food to the end customer.
    Agreed that price controls is also bad.

    Leave a comment:


  • frank ryan
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueK View Post

    Yes, I'm curious. Exactly what was said that was off the rails?

    It is pretty sad that people have this entrenched reaction when Russian attacks on our systems and societal cohesion are laughed away as meritless conspiracy theories when haven't bothered to look at the ever increasing evidence.

    A concern comes up and someone cries "Russiagate" or "TDS."


    It isn't odd to be concerned as American that someone dimwit like RFK is going to be in charge of institutions needed for basic safety. Is he going to make crystals count as medicine?

    Elon Musk clearly has been extremely partisan, helpful to Russia and dishonest.

    Project 2025 always was the roadmap. It is alarming.


    Leave a comment:


  • Uncle Ted
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueK View Post

    Grocery prices. I get it that people voted based on that. But too bad Trump's solution is tariffs to make everything even more expensive. The poor voters are going to get slapped again with more of what was the thing bothering them the most.
    Price controls on food is a very bad idea (ie, Harris' solution). It will just drive the suppliers out of the market and decrease supply (especially with something that only has like 2% margins now). At least tariffs will encourage more american suppliers. The threat of a trade war may be enough for foreign countries to drop the tariffs on american goods which are in place now.

    Trump also said he was going to lower energy costs through deregulation... If that works then the costs of getting the goods to market should lower the costs on food to the end customer.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bo Diddley
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueK View Post

    Grocery prices. I get it that people voted based on that. But too bad Trump's solution is tariffs to make everything even more expensive. The poor voters are going to get slapped again with more of what was the thing bothering them the most.
    It's obvious people voted for change. They may not get it, but they want it. Voters in the UK basically did the same thing. They voted out the conservatives who were in power for the liberals who were not. They simply wanted change. They may not get it, but they want it.

    Antiestablishment sentimentality prevails.

    Leave a comment:


  • BlueK
    replied
    Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    I’d be willing to bet money that Joe S hasn’t personally bought butter in a long long time. It turns out that women care more about grocery prices than they do abortions. Who knew
    Grocery prices. I get it that people voted based on that. But too bad Trump's solution is tariffs to make everything even more expensive. The poor voters are going to get slapped again with more of what was the thing bothering them the most.

    Leave a comment:


  • Moliere
    replied
    I’d be willing to bet money that Joe S hasn’t personally bought butter in a long long time. It turns out that women care more about grocery prices than they do abortions. Who knew

    Leave a comment:


  • Uncle Ted
    replied
    Originally posted by USUC View Post
    I haven't watched Fox News or MSNBC in a while. But yowza is MSNBC really.going all in on conspiracy theories and the sky is falling. No wonder there are crying people all over progressive social media. Its unhinged and out of touch with reality. News was maybe like this 4 years ago, but they aren't as unhinged as the MSNBC crew (granted, I suspect they would be just as bad had Trump loat)
    MSNBC is a joke... I don't watch it but see some great video clips from their people talking BS. I have seen them say that Trump is going to be a dictator but at the same time I have push for or praise the Dems for things like:

    - COVID lockdowns
    - Mask mandates
    - Forcing people to get vaccinated or lose their job
    - Forcing people to get vaccinated to be able to travel
    - Cancel culture
    - Government collusion with social media for user censorship
    - Push propaganda that is false (e.g., Hunter's laptop is absolutely russian disinformation)

    Yet they claim that Trump is going to be a dictator.

    Here are some clips I have seen on X just recently:

    - Joe Scarborough doesn't even have a clue what food costs (LOL... he is surprised that butter costs so much?):



    - Joy Reed calling anyone that voted for trump facists nazis (I guess she should leave America now. "Well, Bye."):



    - Jen Psaki spewing off a long list of conspiracy theories while announcing Trump won. (What a melt down.)



    - Chris Hayes calling on the deep state for "Democracy between elections":



    - Trump won because people with non-white skin are misogynists and racists:



    MSNBC clips of these people talking are high entertainment value.

    Leave a comment:


  • BlueK
    replied
    Originally posted by Maximus View Post

    I mean what did they say that was wrong?

    I was watching and they mentioned elon turning off starling for Russia . That is true
    Trump abandoning Ukraine. True
    Yes, I'm curious. Exactly what was said that was off the rails?

    Leave a comment:


  • Uncle Ted
    replied
    Dems inciting violence…



    You would think they would be happy that the market did so well…

    Leave a comment:

Working...