Biden/Harris: A Presidency for All Americans

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • myboynoah
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 21719

    #2206
    Originally posted by falafel View Post

    Trump has always looked down on servicemembers. No surprise that he and his people would look down on a lowly Arlington employee and swipe them out of the way so Trump can get his photo op with the dead losers.
    Typical ineptitude of the Trump team. A good advance team would have had this all planned out without offending the keepers of Arlington Cemetery, breaking the law, and causing a confrontation that appears to have gotten a little physical. Could have gotten the pictures and film needed and provided a respectful experience for the families of those who died in Afghanistan. But now it is crap. A big threat of another Trump presidency is just how fully inept his people are. They can't even pull off a simple visit to a military cemetery. How are they going to run the government?.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

    Comment

    • frank ryan
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 12352

      #2207
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

      He said the fundraising email was sent without approval and apologized.
      That's kind of a cop out. He should have made that clear to his team before that happened and take ownership.
      He is also leaning into the whole embrace-Trump move harder than I think he needs to for political pragmatism. A letter scolding Biden is unwarranted as well.

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69687

        #2208
        Originally posted by frank ryan View Post

        That's kind of a cop out. He should have made that clear to his team before that happened and take ownership.
        He is also leaning into the whole embrace-Trump move harder than I think he needs to for political pragmatism. A letter scolding Biden is unwarranted as well.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • frank ryan
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 12352

          #2209
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

          I'm hardly someone who can be accused of being anti-Cox but this, coupled with his tilt right is not a good look. I'm underwhelmed by Brian King's cozying up to Phil Lyman as well.

          Comment

          • Jeff Lebowski
            Corporate lackey for Jesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 69687

            #2210
            Originally posted by frank ryan View Post

            I'm hardly someone who can be accused of being anti-Cox but this, coupled with his tilt right is not a good look. I'm underwhelmed by Brian King's cozying up to Phil Lyman as well.
            He did "take ownership". He apologized. Be reasonable.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

            Comment

            • LVAllen
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2013
              • 3267

              #2211
              Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

              They should file charges against Trump... and the people will just add it to the lawfare list by the Dems. Dems are evil and this just makes them look more evil. It's not helping their image.
              Who should file charges? The US Army? Because they weren't thrilled at this situation either. They were not-thrilled enough to issue a statement of condemnation:

              Comment

              • USUC
                Chronic Poseur
                • Apr 2010
                • 8786

                #2212
                I'm certain Biden has used military cemeteries in campaign ads before. What is unique about this other than Trump campaign being jerks like they always are?

                Comment

                • Maximus
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 6017

                  #2213
                  Originally posted by USUC View Post
                  I'm certain Biden has used military cemeteries in campaign ads before. What is unique about this other than Trump campaign being jerks like they always are?
                  Lol come on now . Any links ? I'm certain he never went to a cemetery and ha d a ceremony in order to make a campaign video.

                  Comment

                  • myboynoah
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 21719

                    #2214
                    Originally posted by Maximus View Post

                    Lol come on now . Any links ? I'm certain he never went to a cemetery and ha d a ceremony in order to make a campaign video.
                    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the whole of MAGA internet universe will find it if it exists. They found some obscure "America's Dad" campaign pamphlet from years ago which misnamed an endorsing 4H organization or something like that.
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                    Comment

                    • USUC
                      Chronic Poseur
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 8786

                      #2215
                      Originally posted by Maximus View Post

                      Lol come on now . Any links ? I'm certain he never went to a cemetery and ha d a ceremony in order to make a campaign video.
                      I seem to remember an ad attacking Trump about not visiting the cemetery in France around June 6th and showed Biden at the cemetery. At any rate this isn't something that approaches the worst of Trump and it's manufactured outrage.

                      Comment

                      • Maximus
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 6017

                        #2216
                        Originally posted by USUC View Post

                        I seem to remember an ad attacking Trump about not visiting the cemetery in France around June 6th and showed Biden at the cemetery. At any rate this isn't something that approaches the worst of Trump and it's manufactured outrage.
                        the only reason youre saying that is because trump has lowered the bar so much that this isnt the worst thing hes done

                        he used dead soldiers as props and smiled and did a thumbs up. lol.

                        Comment

                        • myboynoah
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 21719

                          #2217
                          Originally posted by USUC View Post

                          I seem to remember an ad attacking Trump about not visiting the cemetery in France around June 6th and showed Biden at the cemetery. At any rate this isn't something that approaches the worst of Trump and it's manufactured outrage.
                          Seems like it's the U.S. Army that is "manufacturing" the outrage.

                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                          For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                          Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                          Comment

                          • fusnik
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 4475

                            #2218
                            Originally posted by Maximus View Post

                            the only reason youre saying that is because trump has lowered the bar so much that this isnt the worst thing hes done

                            he used dead soldiers as props and smiled and did a thumbs up. lol.
                            And got one of the 'reasonable' leaders in the GOP to do it with him. Also how debased is Cox, what a freaking loser.

                            Its another example, in a list miles long, of something that in normal times would be disqualifying but that the smart conservatives brush aside because they've jumped feet first into a cult and cant admit how fucked up their ideology is currently.

                            Instead they'll say its manufactured, or that big media is making another nothing burger, or they apologized, or one time Joe Biden took a picture maybe at a cemetery, and continue down the path of their inevitable vote for Trump in November.

                            Comment

                            • frank ryan
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 12352

                              #2219
                              Originally posted by USUC View Post

                              I seem to remember an ad attacking Trump about not visiting the cemetery in France around June 6th and showed Biden at the cemetery. At any rate this isn't something that approaches the worst of Trump and it's manufactured outrage.
                              There is a pretty big distinction. Trump skipped out an important event. An historic one of international regard. This was a staged situation that was held for political propaganda.

                              I do agree this is far from the worst of Trump.

                              Comment

                              • The_Tick
                                Made something of myself
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 7291

                                #2220
                                Originally posted by Maximus View Post

                                Lol come on now . Any links ? I'm certain he never went to a cemetery and ha d a ceremony in order to make a campaign video.


                                And you'd be wrong.

                                Comment

                                Working...