The Official Thread for Runners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    5.00 miles, 55:40, I hit end on my phone the second she said 5 miles. I was gased. 77.45 to keep Huskies down.
    <like>

Comment

• 5.3 miles, 1:01:24. I am going to drop back down to 3-4 miles for the next couple of days. I've been done with the run for over an hour and still feel like crap.

Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

• My 9 year old boy just ran another 5K. He finished in at an even 25:00. This is his third 5K so far and he has yet to lose to anyone his age or younger. He is pretty proud of himself.

Comment

5.3 miles, 1:01:24. I am going to drop back down to 3-4 miles for the next couple of days. I've been done with the run for over an hour and still feel like crap.

HFN, you do realize you're logging more miles than me right now, right? (I think it's awesome by the way!)
          Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

• I killed it on my run this morning. Well, by killed it, I mean that relatively as I'm not fast and don't pretend to be. In any case, I did 4 miles and after 3 I felt great so I decided to push it a bit. Ran mile 4 in 7:37, which is my fastest mile since I started running 1.5 years ago. It was even faster than any of my miles in my 5K race before my two injuries. The best part is that I wasn't very winded after finishing the run. Here's to hoping I stay healthy!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/186776926
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Thanks for all the support from everyone, and thanks to those that aren't supportive but aren't being mean about how slow I am.

I didn't really mean to take the last two days off, but it happened so I've got some catching up to do.

4.57 (yes I'm counting hundredths) miles, 51:13.

67.83 to turn Husky denial.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

• I have started running this year. I started the year at 308 and the first time I ran I did 3/4 of a mile, sat on my neighbors lawn for about 15 minutes, and walked hom. It was great.

I can now run five miles without stopping. I'm down to 282. I need to get down to about 230, but I figure it took me my whole life to get nice and fat, so it'll take a while to lose it.

Yesterday I did four miles in 42 minutes. I'm running the Timpanogos Half at the end of July.
                Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Thanks for all the support from everyone, and thanks to those that aren't supportive but aren't being mean about how slow I am.

I didn't really mean to take the last two days off, but it happened so I've got some catching up to do.

4.57 (yes I'm counting hundredths) miles, 51:13.

67.83 to turn Husky denial.
                  I would never make fun of anybody who is out there jogging - you are faster than I am
                  I'm am really impressed - keep up the good work

Just for kicks and grins when Iwent for my walk yesterday,for the first time in a while timed it: 6 miles - 1:13:22 (no jogging just walking)

This morning was the Ward 5K fun run - 28:53
                  Last edited by happyone; 06-09-2012, 12:07 PM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Just got done with a 6.6 mile loop.

57 minutes 22 seconds.

Comment

• Originally posted by happyone View Post
                      I would never make fun of anybody who is out there jogging - you are faster than I am
                      I'm am really impressed - keep up the good work

Just for kicks and grins when Iwent for my walk yesterday,for the first time in a while timed it: 6 miles - 1:13:22 (no jogging just walking)

This morning was the Ward 5K fun run - 28:53
                      Holy crap...you are really busting it out on your walking. You WALKED 6 miles in 1:13? That's really pushing it. Like...speed walking time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                        Holy crap...you are really busting it out on your walking. You WALKED 6 miles in 1:13? That's really pushing it. Like...speed walking time.
                        yeah - it is, That was exceptionally fast, I was seeing how fast I could go - normally I walk six miles between 1:20-1:22.
                        Last edited by happyone; 06-09-2012, 09:56 PM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• 5.1 miles, 55:43. I "ran" almost as fast as happyone "walks", but I felt good this morning. Gorgeous sunrise, light fog burning off, the only person on the road/sidewalks, great way to start a morning.

62.73 to Husky humiliation.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

• 7.2 miles this a.m. slower pace than yesterday. Took just about 70 minutes.

Comment

• I ran about 14 yesterday, which is farther than I've gone in a while (my usual Saturday is about 10.5). Sad thing is it took me almost two hours and my friend's wife just ran a full marathon in 2:45.
                              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• So I recant everything I said about elevation. Just did 4 at the grand canyon, part of it on the rim. I was at 80ft of elevation two days ago; at 7000 I'm sucking wind.
                                Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X