"Hold my root beer" - the Russell M. Nelson thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Cynics: the church does not have a sufficient emphasis on Christ.

RMN: let’s change all of of our terminology and branding to emphasize our focus on the savior

Cynics: you corporate hack.
    Next conference he will announce that the Melchizedek Priesthood is now the Priesthood of Jesus Christ.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
      Next conference he will announce that the Melchizedek Priesthood is now the Priesthood of Jesus Christ.
      I wouldn't complain.

Comment

RMN: let’s change all of of our terminology and branding to emphasize our focus on the savior

Thank you for posting this. I’ve joked and murmured about the name, and now the logo change. This a good reminder for me to focus on what the intent is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• "Hold my root beer" - the Russell M. Nelson thread

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Exactly what I would expect to hear from a corporate lackey. Tote that line JL..

I will say. I love the logo, just bitter by the loss of my gamble/prediction. Oaks really had me excited to shoot me down..[emoji2959]

Comment

Did that feel good? Did it feel good to go and make fun of a man that a lot of people on here view as a prophet? Good grief you’re an ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                I wouldn't complain.
                It’d be easier to spell, that’s for sure.
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  Did that feel good? Did it feel good to go and make fun of a man that a lot of people on here view as a prophet? Good grief you’re an ass.
                  You've misinterpreted my post, but I'll not try and argue otherwise, as I can see you're upset.
                  "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                    Exactly what I would expect to hear from a corporate lackey. Tote that line JL..

I will say. I love the logo, just bitter by the loss of my gamble/prediction. Oaks really had me excited to shoot me down..[emoji2959]

Remember that time when Lebowski offered to help you personally?

Was he a lacky then?

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Lol. I am fine with that.

DB, you have inspired me to change my official tag line.

<< take note
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Ha ha “Tote that line.”

Never heard that before. Awesome mixed metaphor of “toe the line” and “carry water” for the church leaders?

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                          Ha ha “Tote that line.”

Never heard that before. Awesome mixed metaphor of “toe the line” and “carry water” for the church leaders?
                          A regular Gunga Dude.

Also, I'd wiped the phrase TOE THE LINE! from my memory. As a young recruit some 20 odd years ago, when the drill sergeant yelled that, we had to drop everything and assemble in the hall with our toes right up to the blue squares in the middle. BTW, it was verboten to walk on the blue squares at any time other than when we were waxing them, or if your were a drill sergeant.
                          Last edited by Bo Diddley; 04-05-2020, 12:29 PM.

Comment

I respect the guy talking, even if I think this is intellectual property defense, disguised as righteousness.
                            I would agree here with the tone, but would change the last word to state that the announced changes are disguised as "revelation". Corporate re-branding plus the publication of a meaningless boilerplate "proclamation" which could be more simply described as a run-of-the-mill press release. Do better RNM.

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            For the record, I am and always will be a Mormon. #Mormonforever
                            +1
                            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                              A regular Gunga Dude.

Also, I'd wiped the phrase TOE THE LINE! from my memory. As a young recruit some 20 odd years ago, when the drill sergeant yelled that, we had to drop everything and assemble in the hall with our toes right up to the blue squares in the middle. BTW, it was verboten to walk on the blue squares at any time other than when we were waxing them, or if your were a drill sergeant.
                              No need to deceptive in your wittiness..

Comment

Lol. I am fine with that.

DB, you have inspired me to change my official tag line.

<< take note
                                Ha! Love it!

Comment

Working...
                                X