"Hold my root beer" - the Russell M. Nelson thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LVAllen
    replied
    President Nelson has passed away.

    Learn more about the life of Russell M. Nelson, President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

    Leave a comment:


  • myboynoah
    replied
    Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    I'm just wondering where they moved the Ark of the Covenant during the construction. Things I learned when I was a missionary.

    Leave a comment:


  • All-American
    replied
    Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    I'm just wondering where they moved the Ark of the Covenant during the construction. Things I learned when I was a missionary.
    Hotel Utah/JSMB.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bo Diddley
    replied
    I'm just wondering where they moved the Ark of the Covenant during the construction. Things I learned when I was a missionary.

    Leave a comment:


  • Northwestcoug
    replied
    Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    Are they opening up the holy of holies as part of the tour?
    Am I misremembering that the SLH HOH was an open room, but the entryway was partially obscured by a large vase? Like large enough to block much of the view?

    Leave a comment:


  • LVAllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    Are they opening up the holy of holies as part of the tour?
    Now I'm struggling to remember if we walked through the Manti temple Blue Room / former HoH during the recent open house.

    Leave a comment:


  • Donuthole
    replied
    Are they opening up the holy of holies as part of the tour?

    Leave a comment:


  • Moliere
    replied
    Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    Giving the Gentiles a good 6 months to look around. That's a nice gesture.

    That’s awesome. I’m glad they are making it so long as I imagine a lot of people would love to go through it. Me being one of them.

    Leave a comment:


  • YOhio
    replied
    Giving the Gentiles a good 6 months to look around. That's a nice gesture.

    Leave a comment:


  • Shaka
    replied
    Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post

    Trust me - you want to come to the Philippines.

    Leave a comment:


  • clackamascoug
    replied
    Originally posted by Shaka View Post
    I may do it. I had planned to retire and hang out with Clack in the Philippines. going on a mission might be a better option.
    Trust me - you want to come to the Philippines.

    Leave a comment:


  • RC Vikings
    replied
    Originally posted by Shaka View Post
    I may do it. I had planned to retire and hang out with Clack in the Philippines. going on a mission might be a better option.
    I know what will be the most fun.

    Leave a comment:


  • beefytee
    replied
    Originally posted by LVAllen View Post

    Maybe pressuring the young sisters with offers of a slightly better mission vehicle? Promises of an increased mileage allotment?
    What makes the single missionaries any more of a creeper than the married ones? They don’t have a wife in the general vicinity to pester them?

    These are all things married senior missionaries could do too.

    I think there will be plenty of protocols in place to prevent this from happening any more than other class of missionaries.

    Leave a comment:


  • falafel
    replied
    Originally posted by LVAllen View Post

    Maybe pressuring the young sisters with offers of a slightly better mission vehicle? Promises of an increased mileage allotment?

    Doesn't look like the old bachelors are proselyting, just hanging out in the mission office or being called on special assignment. The Church runs a Clean Water mission in Africa. Humanitarian services provides the equipment, the missionaries provide the training, and the locals provide the labor to build and maintain the wells. I can easily see single folks with that kind of training or large-business management training being called to work on or oversee similar projects and initiatives.
    This Ford Focus has less than 25k miles.

    Leave a comment:


  • Donuthole
    replied
    I interpret this as a tacit admission that senior couples are not sufficiently stepping up to the plate to meet the demand for senior missionaries, so they're going to open things up to the single men and see if that can generate some more office workers. #sjbh

    Leave a comment:

Working...