X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigFatMeanie
    replied
    Originally posted by All-American View Post

Those who have been watching closely do not find this surprising at all.

which reminds me. Whatever happened to Eagle Forum?
    Their website appears to be a malware infested site so I'm not going there, but their FB page shows that they are as active and whackadoodle as ever.

Leave a comment:

• old_gregg
    replied
    Originally posted by All-American View Post

it was all downhill after people found gayle ruzicka’s stash of sheri dew erotic fan fiction

Leave a comment:

• All-American
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Tick View Post

I saw a tik tok that I wished I had saved but I didn't. It was a feminist that isn't LDS. She said something to the effect of "You have members of a cult that are choosing to ignore the leader of their cult over the advice from the Republican party and Trump. I never would have guessed that they would have held stronger and had firmer faith in the political cult instead of the religious cult."

Now...outside of her calling the religion a cult, I am in 100% agreement with her. I didn't realize that most of the people I grew up with and go to Church with are more entrenched in their political party than their religion.

Leave a comment:

• The_Tick
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Exactly.

People are making way too much out of this.
    The level of indignation/anger is impressive.

Leave a comment:

• The_Tick
    replied
    Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post

My guess is they aren't really any different than the rest of us - just that this is the first time their religious values and social values are at odds with each other.
    I'd agree with this. Happened for me when Prop. 8 rolled around. Took me a while to realize how to handle it. Made life easier for me when I learned how to separate the two. Interesting that this happens a week or so after the Church updates their handbook on respecting everyone's ability to following the political party of their choice, even if it doesn't align with Church doctrine. (Paraphrasing there because I can't find the tweet listing the changes.)

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post

My guess is they aren't really any different than the rest of us - just that this is the first time their religious values and social values are at odds with each other.
    Exactly.

People are making way too much out of this.

Leave a comment:

• Goatnapper'96
    replied

I saw a tik tok that I wished I had saved but I didn't. It was a feminist that isn't LDS. She said something to the effect of "You have members of a cult that are choosing to ignore the leader of their cult over the advice from the Republican party and Trump. I never would have guessed that they would have held stronger and had firmer faith in the political cult instead of the religious cult."

Now...outside of her calling the religion a cult, I am in 100% agreement with her. I didn't realize that most of the people I grew up with and go to Church with are more entrenched in their political party than their religion.

Leave a comment:

• The_Tick
    replied
    Originally posted by old_gregg View Post

this is exposing what smooth brained dipshits many of the people around us are.

Leave a comment:

• Northwestcoug
    replied

I had a really good friend that has blocked me on FB because of something similar to this. He went on a huge long rant about how he was disappointed that the 1P has fallen into the political trap and "fake science" behind the China Virus hoax. He said "I can testify that the FP is speaking as men here and not as God's mouthpiece." I told him that I backed him up 100%. I said "I get the same confirmation from the Spirit every time the Leadership of the Church tells us that being Gay is wrong, or that being gay is a sin. They are only speaking as men and not for God, so I choose to ignore them. Glad we understand each other.

It spiraled downhill really fast.
    this is delicious. The same prophet who played a huge part in the 2015 policy is now appealing for human decency in COVID times. And it’s the appeal to decency that’s not prophetic.

Leave a comment:

• old_gregg
    replied

I had a really good friend that has blocked me on FB because of something similar to this. He went on a huge long rant about how he was disappointed that the 1P has fallen into the political trap and "fake science" behind the China Virus hoax. He said "I can testify that the FP is speaking as men here and not as God's mouthpiece." I told him that I backed him up 100%. I said "I get the same confirmation from the Spirit every time the Leadership of the Church tells us that being Gay is wrong, or that being gay is a sin. They are only speaking as men and not for God, so I choose to ignore them. Glad we understand each other.

this is exposing what smooth brained dipshits many of the people around us are.

Leave a comment:

• Bo Diddley
    replied

Leave a comment:

• smokymountainrain
    replied

lol. well done, tick.

Leave a comment:

• Clark Addison
    replied

LOL, that's awesome.

Leave a comment:

• The_Tick
    replied
    Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
    CB has been so fun for the last hour.

I hope you all noticed that they "urged" us, not "commanded" us.

Leave a comment:

• myboynoah
    replied
    Originally posted by Flystripper View Post

I am still a bit bonkers but I think the force of my tirade was impacted by a particularly stressful day I was having at work. I still feel much the same toward people who refuse to get the COVID vaccine. Selfish, stupidity paired with privilege.
    Yep.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X