Signs of the Second Coming

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • falafel
    loves to talk on things
    • Mar 2009
    • 37986

    #181
    Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

    Is this your first f-bomb on CS? Gotta be one of the first.

    (Yeah I know, I'm weird.)
    Appears to be the second time.



    If that's not a sign of the times...
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    Dig your own grave, and save!

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • Northwestcoug
      Cocked and Loaded
      • May 2011
      • 18026

      #182
      Hey I was close!
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

      Comment

      • wuapinmon
        Soul Plumber
        • Dec 2008
        • 30711

        #183
        Originally posted by YOhio View Post

        What are they guessing at?
        Whether I hope that they don't go there because I care about their soul, or that I hope they don't go there because that means they'll be there with me and I wouldn't like that.
        "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
        The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

        Comment

        • wuapinmon
          Soul Plumber
          • Dec 2008
          • 30711

          #184
          Originally posted by falafel View Post

          What the fuck he’s talking about.
          Easy, falloffal. The slippery slope's closer than you think.
          "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
          The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

          Comment

          • Pelado
            Bald not naked
            • Sep 2010
            • 21141

            #185
            Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

            It's not that all apostates utter the f bomb on CS, rather, all who utter the f-bomb on CS end up apostate. YO, falafel, and myself might be the final test subjects in that respect.
            I remember using it here once, intending it in jest though I don't know that it was received that way. Wish I hadn't gone there. I don't see it in search, though.

            Now that I think about it, I may have abbreviated it to "F you" or even "F U". Search doesn't like such short, common words.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69703

              #186
              Does typing "STFU" count? Asking for a friend...
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • Northwestcoug
                Cocked and Loaded
                • May 2011
                • 18026

                #187
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Does typing "STFU" count? Asking for a friend...
                It does not. And neither the 75% ‘f*ck’ Ted pulls. The road to apostasy requires a 100% 4 letter offering. It has to mean something.

                I don’t write the rules.
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

                Comment

                • clackamascoug
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 9709

                  #188
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Does typing "STFU" count? Asking for a friend...
                  Depends on your ecclesiastical high water mark - weighed against the honor code your signature swore to your employer.

                  Not a problem for me - I've got go to hell money - working on the eff you money - but I still can't bring myself to write it out loud.

                  Comment

                  • myboynoah
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 21719

                    #189
                    So it appears the rapture is tomorrow. Hope you all make it, but with BYU Football 3-0 and the AJ basketball season coming up, the timing could be a little better.
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69703

                      #190
                      Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                      So it appears the rapture is tomorrow. Hope you all make it, but with BYU Football 3-0 and the AJ basketball season coming up, the timing could be a little better.
                      Utah lost. BYU won. B-ball on the horizon. Feels pretty rapturous to me.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • myboynoah
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 21719

                        #191
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                        Utah lost. BYU won. B-ball on the horizon. Feels pretty rapturous to me.
                        AAAAAA-MEN!


                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                        For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                        Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                        Comment

                        • SteelBlue
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 8189

                          #192
                          Well lunch time has passed and all my evangelical co-workers are still here. Maybe it's going to be an early evening affair.

                          Comment

                          • BigPiney
                            Huge Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 12366

                            #193
                            Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                            Well lunch time has passed and all my evangelical co-workers are still here. Maybe it's going to be an early evening affair.
                            You've got a lot of crazies up there.

                            Comment

                            • wally
                              <><><><><><><><>
                              • Jun 2010
                              • 4137

                              #194
                              Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

                              It's not that all apostates utter the f bomb on CS, rather, all who utter the f-bomb on CS end up apostate. YO, falafel, and myself might be the final test subjects in that respect.
                              I don't think I've ever F-bombed on here either.

                              Also probably LAUte didn't either. I know you guys look up to him.

                              Comment

                              • YOhio
                                Hipster Mode
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 26165

                                #195
                                Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

                                It's not that all apostates utter the f bomb on CS, rather, all who utter the f-bomb on CS end up apostate. YO, falafel, and myself might be the final test subjects in that respect.
                                Won't happen. Those of us who graduated high school in the mid/late nineties have a faith with the survivability of a cockroach. We were at peak impressionability when Ty won the Heisman with fanhood permanently cemented by Sark, but also living through the 34-31 era of bullshit. We spent our childhood years hearing Ozzy and Iron Maiden were satanic then two years knocking doors while battling NWA and RATM ear worms. We grew up in the confusion created by a world where Jerry was platonic with Elaine, Rosie, Whoopie, and Ellen had their own TV shows, Ross could get Rachel, and Jessica Spano could be a Vegas stripper. We lived in the best SNL era, but just when we were allowed to stay up to watch Farley died and Jim Breur and Chris Kattan were in the cast. Our seminary teachers condemned The Simpsons and Married with Children while we were memorizing episodes. We grew up in a world where boiling hot dogs was normal and came back from our missions to discover it was unacceptable and now everyone grilled hot dogs. Imagine what that does to a person. We are loyal, ironic, devout, and cynical.

                                Comment

                                Working...